RCT 10: Facing Arcanists.

Maniacal_cackle

1 hour ago, Wyamphri said:

Well from what I've read on here, you're pretty good, so I'm glad the advice I gave was about word for word what ya said too.  Although, relying on SS flips can be kinda gambling. I know you say it's an easy thing to do, but bad stuff happens too, and taking all Henchmen or in the case of arcanists, take an upgrade, and you flip that weak, what else can you do to help mitigate the high spike? Do you find this is enough to slow down the cannon that is Seamus?

yes, sure; in seamus crew only he can kil and schemerunning, so if he cant kill any model because of - flip for dmg and prevent, he would try to shemerunning, but he is not so good at this work

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyamphri said:

Although, relying on SS flips can be kinda gambling. I know you say it's an easy thing to do, but bad stuff happens too, and taking all Henchmen or in the case of arcanists, take an upgrade, and you flip that weak, what else can you do to help mitigate the high spike? Do you find this is enough to slow down the cannon that is Seamus?

Think about your hand. Saving your high cards to try and deny his shot is somethign to consider. Even if he is still able to cheat it to hit, you are reducing his card supply, and making it less likely he is able to cheat a high card for the damage as well. 

Also think about the right way to spend your stones. In a lot of cases you are much better to spend the stone to give a negative to the damage flip rather than just to damage prevent. (And sometimes you're best to do both)

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

yes, sure; in seamus crew only he can kil and schemerunning, so if he cant kill any model because of - flip for dmg and prevent, he would try to shemerunning, but he is not so good at this work

Why do you say that? I've only played him a couple times, but he feels like the strongest schemer in the faction (I know, I know 😜 )

Is it the lack of "Don't Mind Me"? He (and his crew) have quite a few abilities to reposition enemies.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Why do you say that? I've only played him a couple times, but he feels like the strongest schemer in the faction (I know, I know 😜 )

Is it the lack of "Don't Mind Me"? He (and his crew) have quite a few abilities to reposition enemies.

his crew is very weak too; the master is great, but not his keyword; but comparing to non-master schemerunners(even necropuncs) he is not so good; it is easy to deny his jump-just place or push him out of terrain; some cover, high def and card brokes his shot; if the redchappel killer was not only for duel but for dmg too, it was much more better

and just look at lord cooper)) seamus of healthy man))

and just 1 up in explorers brokes seamus as dmg dealer))) so imbalance faction

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Plaag said:

his crew is very weak too; the master is great, but not his keyword; but comparing to non-master schemerunners(even necropuncs) he is not so good; it is easy to deny his jump-just place or push him out of terrain; some cover, high def and card brokes his shot; if the redchappel killer was not only for duel but for dmg too, it was much more better

Well easy for Colette 😜

3 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

Well from what I've read on here, you're pretty good, so I'm glad the advice I gave was about word for word what ya said too.  Although, relying on SS flips can be kinda gambling. I know you say it's an easy thing to do, but bad stuff happens too, and taking all Henchmen or in the case of arcanists, take an upgrade, and you flip that weak, what else can you do to help mitigate the high spike? Do you find this is enough to slow down the cannon that is Seamus?

It's not about preventing dmg with SS flip, it's about make a flip negative, so Seamus can't cheat. Yes, of course he can still get 2 Severe on negative flip, but that's just a pure luck. Giving straight flip to Seamus always means 8-9 dmg. Giving negative usually means just 4.

1 hour ago, Sagrit said:

It's not about preventing dmg with SS flip, it's about make a flip negative, so Seamus can't cheat. Yes, of course he can still get 2 Severe on negative flip, but that's just a pure luck. Giving straight flip to Seamus always means 8-9 dmg. Giving negative usually means just 4.

and then prevent means 0-3 dmg

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Wyamphri said:

I got extremely lucky that when I used intuition, I had a 13, 2, and RJ, so even if I did get put on a neg, I still got 9 damage.

Wow, that's kind of best case scenario. In fact you don't need Focused for that attack unless you are against :-flipto hit or want to bait the other player into wasting an SS: Order 13, RJ, 2; attack and enjoy doing 9 damage.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Wow, that's kind of best case scenario. In fact you don't need Focused for that attack unless you are against :-flipto hit or want to bait the other player into wasting an SS: Order 13, RJ, 2; attack and enjoy doing 9 damage.

And then if you're me somehow end up on double negative (soulstone, hard to wound, tied duel or what ever) and find the 4th card is the black joker....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Adran said:

And then if you're me somehow end up on double negative (soulstone, hard to wound, tied duel or what ever) and find the 4th card is the black joker....

He could then maybe lose that game, but he would gain an awesome history to tell! That's totally worth the risk! :P

8 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

It is also how many cards you flip. Reva might flip 10+ cards in a single activation. That's about a 20% chance to hit a Black Joker I believe.

Of course, models who flips more cards will hit the BJ more XD.

My point was more that we have some biases towards those events. Getting the BJ with a master or a very expensive model is something we remember more and hence those "he always hit the BJ"; even if the last 10 times a zombie was the one getting it.

Seamus in particular is "safer" than others, but getting it in his big "once twice per activation" attack really hurts.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Of course, models who flips more cards will hit the BJ more XD.

My point was more that we have some biases towards those events. Getting the BJ with a master or a very expensive model is something we remember more and hence those "he always hit the BJ"; even if the last 10 times a zombie was the one getting it.

Seamus in particular is "safer" than others, but getting it in his big "once twice per activation" attack really hurts.

Yeah, totally. But also if you flip 6 cards a turn, you have about a 45% chance to flip the Black Joker at least once per game.

So there is cognitive bias (remembering the event as more frequent than it is), but also just the event is way more likely than people think it is.

If you asked most people to bet on a percentage chance of say a rabble riser black jokering during a game, I don't think they'd pick that high a number xD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, totally. But also if you flip 6 cards a turn, you have about a 45% chance to flip the Black Joker at least once per game.

Lol, it's actually true asuming a fresh deck. Well, another reason to hoard that card like your life depends on it when it's drawn!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...