Mah Tucket Post Errata

Gearome

Hey Everyone! I'm a new player to Mah, and I'm curious to how GG1 has changed people's playstyles with Mah. Do you still take soulstone miners? Are people more open to taking Sparks/other foundry models for her crew? Is she still an effective master or has the nerf to horrible hollering really hurt her? Thanks a bunch!

She's still a really good master, just not as overpowered as before. Soulstone Miners are less important now, when before it was almost mandatory bring at least 1. Usually I don't bring any unless I'm looking to get more activations and start with a very low soulstone count.

Sparks + Porkchop + Survivors are a decent pick, there are some post in the forum about how to play a "Mah-chines" thematic crew that will help you a bit to see the potential. It's a setup that I really like, but depending on what I'm facing, since it the enemy has a lot of ranged threads or an alpha strike list, he's going to be one of the main targets.

One OOK pick that is always good to consider with her is the First Mate, specially with the 2 Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit upgrade, to give him Disguised. That way, you can play with your crew a bit more bunched up while having an amazing (although expensive) scheme runner that can take care of most enemy runners.

• Like 1

IMO SS Miners are still amazing. Due to them digging up SS they tend to effectively cost something like 2SS which is naturally completely silly. They are durable enough that removing them isn't trivial so the opponent has to dedicate some real resources into taking them out and if they don't, the Miner usually scores Schemes or strats from turn three onwards just fine.

Also note that they can be pretty deadly and can pop up almost anywhere so don't underestimate the effect that their threat can have on an opponent. Mah can give them Focus and they themselves can get one first turn so with two Focus they are a real threat against many models. Not to mention that they ignore Defensive Triggers which can be massive against some models who rely on them for protection - they might not take down a Rider all on their own but will certainly help there. Of course when used offensively they are more likely to die before they can dig all that much SS so they aren't "2SS" anymore then.

Rooster Riders are also still very solid Minions. Without the massed Focus they aren't quite as bonkers as they used to be but they do pull their weight.

Mah herself isn't all that superb as far as Masters go and her Totem is also very weak when compared to other Totems so I have to wonder why Wyrd didn't buff her in any way after the absolutely massive nerfs (she and her crew got hit the hardest by far though I do agree with all the nerfs that they did) but she can still win games. Not a top tier Master but not the worst, either. And she is a lot of fun.