Misaki, Tips and tricks for beginners

Of course it would help to first know what models you have access to in order to build out strategy ideas. Notwithstanding...

For Misaki herself, the hardest thing I've had to balance is when to use her for scheme running and when to use her to kill something. Overall, I found her crew to be quite mobile, from Turn 1 to Turn 5, with lots of Speed 7 models and Agile to ensure you get to where you want. If you want to be irritating to your melee-based opponent, there are a lot of Extended Reach options. 

Running Misaki, I've been able to dictate the pace of the game more than any other Master that I've tried and can keep my opponent on the defensive.

Specific tips?

• Don't forget her bonus action. Abandon Honor is quite powerful without the Trigger. The trigger itself is icing.
  • When against swarms, her and Shang can lay out a ton of Shockwaves (stone for a Ram to get the 2nd Shockwave marker). This is sure to get onto your opponent's nerves, especially against a group of low-health models.
  • Research Mission is your friend. You already bring along a marker type for scoring.
  • Misaki is very soft, herself. So if you are going to keep her on the table for long, be sure she is in a safe spot. Otherwise, it's better to bring her in later in the turn.

This thread's title is a big clickbait XDD.

Misaki is great, killy but very versatile.There are a few threads you can check to get ideas, like these 2 for example: 

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/149374-last-blossom-misaki-tactica/

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/150938-last-blossom-firing-squad/

But some quick advice:

• Minako brings 2 summons that are great scheme runners; use them.
  • Ototo's smoke bomb give him a very impresive range while extending Misaki's threat range.
  • Mind Stunned (Misaki's bonus action) may disable some defensive tech, don't overlook that.
  • Double :+flipto damage (charge through and Focused) will go through Hard to Wound (in non-SS users); that's important as her min 2 may be a problem versus these. Execute is very powerful, keep an eye on the other player's resources.
  • Bring a decent cache and stone Critical Strike in critical attacks.

And a few useful shenanigans:

• If a Torakage is threatened, create a shadow marker with him; that will scare some models and that will let Misake come to the rescue if needed.
  • First turn bury misaki, use her 2 shadows to summon Katashiros, unbury her in the deployment zone walk and focus; then give her extra Focused with a Tanuki (that will make her more dangerous on later turns)
  • Yamaziko aura apply to all duels, great with Tanukis or versus things like Terrifying or lots of shockwaves.
  • A Terracota may resurrect Shang and copy Ototo's and Misaki's tactical actions.
26 minutes ago, Ogid said:

This thread's title is a big clickbait XDD.

And a few useful shenanigans:

• If a Torakage is threatened, create a shadow marker with him; that will scare some models and that will let Misake come to the rescue if needed.
  • First turn bury misaki, use her 2 shadows to summon Katashiros, unbury her in the deployment zone walk and focus; then give her extra Focused with a Tanuki (that will make her more dangerous on later turns)
  • Yamaziko aura apply to all duels, great with Tanukis or versus things like Terrifying or lots of shockwaves.
  • A Terracota may resurrect Shang and copy Ototo's and Misaki's tactical actions.

Clickbait indeed. :)

Can you explain how you unbury Misaki if you are eating both of her Shadow Markers for Katashiros? You use Ototo, or Shang?

Torekage have Agile and MV 7, they can just leave combat any time they want, anyway. :) I love them for scheme running.

I like the idea for Terracota warrior... I just bought them, and am interested to try.