Let's talk about Nurse into Urami

I'm not a Resser expert, in all honesty (I only have 2 crews, Jack Daw and Kirai). Anyway, I've found a box of Nurses for a very reasonable price, and since I loved the look of those models, I've bought it and yesterday I've tried a Nurse with a Kirai Crew against a Tara.
Strategy was Corrupted Lay lines, and my list wasn't really tailored on that, I admit. My Schemes were Let them Bleed (on a Aionus and a Nothing Beast) and Clay jump (Datsue Ba)

Here is the list I used

Kirai Ankoku
    The Whisper
  Ikiryo
  Datsue Ba
  Lost Love
  Goryo
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Onryo
  Nurse
  Seishin
  Seishin 2
  Seishin 3

The game was VERY long (4+ hours, me and my buddy taking our time to chat) we called it even at the end of Turn 3: he couldn't score one of its Schemes and probably I couldn't score Let them bleed (Aionus is too tanky and slippery), and both had same VP for the Corrupted Lay lines.

Well, Nurse is AMAZING with Kirai: her Tools for the jobs is just so precious and it allowed me to summon a minion EVERY turn (1 Goryo and 2 Shikome in total), without spending a single SS. And then, thanks to her Free action (Bottle of painkiller) she gave an extra push to all the models that needed (allowing Ikyrio to kill a lone Talos at the end of Turn 1 and and also helping an Oryo to score the first point of Strategy).

What are your opinions about the Nurses in general and in particular with Kirai? Have you tried them?

I haven't tried nurse with Kirai yet, but I think most people would agree they're one of the best OOK picks in the faction (especially for crews that lack card draw).

The ability to just select a card and pop it into your hand is pretty fantastic. Then you've got the heals, the tons of triggers where you can select which one you get with Tools for the Job, etc. Very strong model!

I don't like manipulative as defensive tech, but even if they kill your nurse, she usually generates pretty good value first.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't like manipulative as defensive tech, but even if they kill your nurse, she usually generates pretty good value first.

I agree on that. Part of her success, in that particular game, was due to the fact that my opponent kinda ignored the Nurse the whole time (even if she was well hidden and defended).
I suspect that she can't resist too much if you go at her with decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I haven't tried nurse with Kirai yet, but I think most people would agree they're one of the best OOK picks in the faction (especially for crews that lack card draw).

The ability to just select a card and pop it into your hand is pretty fantastic. Then you've got the heals, the tons of triggers where you can select which one you get with Tools for the Job, etc. Very strong model!

This sums it up pretty well. Kirai especially also likes the heal and the option for Bedside Manner is always good. Either because your master tends to be in harms way or it allows masters, who usually keep their distance, to be put in slightly more risky positions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1