Let's Do The Time Warp Again: Ten Thunders Edition... apparently

Jesy Blue

I was going to do a post about all the non-Master/non-Totem duel faction models in 2nd edition that are no longer duel faction in 3rd... bht they all seem to be only models connected to or were connected with the Ten Thunders, so the direction shifted.

So, how would you be using these models differently in M3E if they still had their duel faction affiliations?

Formerly Ten Thunders:

• Akaname
  • Pathfinder
  • Clockwork Trap
  • Torshiro
  • Yin

Currently Only Ten Thunders:

• Ama no Zako (Outcasts)
  • Banraku (Neverborn)
  • Chiaki (Ressers)
  • Illuminated (Neverborn)
  • Izamu (Ressers)
  • Mr Graves (Neverborn)
  • Mr Tannen (Neverborn)
  • Rail Workers (Arcanists)
  • Ruffian (Guild)
  • Sidir Alchibal (Guild)
  • Toshiro (Ressers)

First time I've really looked at Ama No Zako's card. I can't figure out why Miasma of Boils and Flies is so expensive to do. Still Outcasts is a faction almost totally lacking in flight (although there is a fair amount of incorporeal, and pseudo-incorporeal [ghost of malifaux, savage winds), that combine with a bonus interact and min 3 damage. I could see him getting some play as a flanker. I don't see any obvious synergies though. He seems like more of a independent operator.

Mei Feng misses Toshiro making Komainu off all the scrap... :(

Kirai misses Izamu for a big beater (he was even better in M1E, need to be hit for 5 damage to actually take any damage at all! It was glorious!)

Liked Graves in Neverborn as a Taxi service... (the service was much better then too... used to run a thunders-themed Graves a lot with M2E Misaki too)

Miss Pathfinders in Ten Thunders as I have a really cool converted Ten Thunders one