The Spice Must Flow!

Jesy Blue

20 minutes ago, J4bberw0ck said:

Huh, I just noticed how useful Jaws of the Beast is. It doesn't just ignore the :-flip from Friendly Fire, you just straight-up ignore all negative modifiers. Manipulative? Engage with the Worm and boost your whole crew's shooting against them.

..... something that counters Serene Countenance!!! Finally!

30 minutes ago, Giovanni Canzanella said:

So it means that "Jaws of the Beast" will allow friendly shots to ignore Concealing too? Oh god, this is HUGE

Yup.

My opponent - "So, I've got Concealing, Serene Countenance, and you've got the penalty for Friendly Fire. That's :-flip:-flip:-flip."

Me - "Nope. Straight Flip! Damn. Black Joker."

How I expect my game to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I think it's designed to let you ingore concealing. You engage a model, make a dust storm, and then you can still shoot in without negatives.

That might have been the intent, but the rules as written are so much more. You can be at four negative flips (I think that's the most? Distracted, Serene/Manip, Conceal and Friendly Fire? And only three count on the actual flip), and it just doesn't matter.

You're at straight. Positive if you Focus.

4 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

That might have been the intent, but the rules as written are so much more. You can be at four negative flips (I think that's the most? Distracted, Serene/Manip, Conceal and Friendly Fire? And only three count on the actual flip), and it just doesn't matter.

You're at straight. Positive if you Focus.

Oh yeah I get there are a lot of extra benefits but I think the obvious printed on the card use to is to shoot through concealing and friendly fire

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, clockworkspide said:

I'm completely looking forward to seeing the Shai-Hulud in every Apex list ever.

Oh, well.  It's not too unthematic, I suppose.

Frontier only... I guess that caught that one early.

• 2 weeks later...