My Euripides crew at the moment -C&C welcomed

Necrosage

Hi people. So this is my actual collection for Euripides right now. I didn't get the chance to play it until now, but what do you think of it and what changes would you make ?

Euripides

-Ancient Pact

Primordial Magic

Thoon

-Ancient Pact

Gigant 1

Gigant 2

Bultungin 1

Bultungin 2

Cyclops

50 ss game

Pool : 8 ss

I thought about getting the Geryon pack, based on the savage Keyword, but I think it wouldn't bring anything new to this crew. I considered getting Serena Bowman, since she has the versatile keyword and some nice tricks that the Savage keyword models lack. What is your opinion on the subject ?

I think general consensus is that the faction is really Serena bowman and her neverborn friends :D

Most people seem to hate Bultungin 🤷‍♂️

Ancient pack on gigant will give you extra card draw, which I think is probably better than dodging black jokers on Euripides and Thoon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, diki said:

I think general consensus is that the faction is really Serena bowman and her neverborn friends :D

Most people seem to hate Bultungin 🤷‍♂️

Ancient pack on gigant will give you extra card draw, which I think is probably better than dodging black jokers on Euripides and Thoon

Well, glad I could deduce the usefulness of Serena at first glance (I'm not an experienced player).

As for the Bultungin, I hardly see why. They are quick, have synergy with similar models. They lack a ranged action thought.

@Necrosage Welcome to Malifaux and Neverborn and Savages!

A couple general things: if you ask us for model advice, we are more than happy to pile on with combos and ideas! This is good, but keep in mind you don't NEED to purchase everything we suggest right off the bat. For better or worse, this game does reward having a deep model collection, as you can better select the right model for the right job, but I'd always say play 6 games or so first, then figure out, "what would make my life easier and fit how I play".

The other recommendation I'd make is to build a core list for a master, but leave 20ish stones free for making changes. There is an expectation that your list will need to change based on the schemes and strategies and once masters are declared. For example, once you declare Euripides, if your opponent doesn't bring in a model with marker removal (example: Blow it to Hell), then they are going to have a much rougher time.

As for specific advice:

I second that Serena is a really strong model to have in hand when you need her. She is difficult to kill, our best healer, and has useful abilities on her gun.

I also second shuffling Ancient Pact to the Gigants for the card draw. Thoon has Intuition and can semi-avoid the Black Joker. The reason why the card draw matters is that the crew is going to want to hit a LOT of suits. Euripides is all about Frozen Domain early game, and Shattering Surprise to get up the table. Gigants likewise want Shattering Surprise, Cyclops need a Tome for Ice Pillars, and so on. Getting that solid Turn 1 can be very resource intensive, there are only so many Rams and Tomes. Use stones on Euripides and Old Ways to double up when you can.

Bultungin hate is because they have poor stats and are easy to kill. They literally have no defensive tech at all, and tend to die in 1-2 shots. Pack Mentality is of limited use if you're using them as fast scheme runners as they won't end up near each other. Conversely, they are very fast, putting down 16" a turn is no joke. Also the Abundant Growth can further slow down your opponent while you cage them in with ice pillars. Toss in the Mud and a 14" Forage for anti-scheming are also very useful. Then are again, niche models. I don't always take them, but when I have a specific need, I slot them in. 

Geryon are very solid, you can use Shoulder Rush to make them a bit faster Turn 1 and stack some focus.

I've also take a Black Blood Shaman with the crew to spread out focus, then have it grow into a Mature Nephilim on Turn 2. Focus is useful with The Old Ways. Shot one, focus, hit, get straight on damage, cheat a severe. Shot two, Old Ways that Severe in, very efficient. Gigants can get 7 damage off one card that way, and Stat 6 on them is really solid (the Rng 8" is much less exciting). 

The crew can have some serious mobility problems, which is why Shattering Surprise is something you'll look to leverage a lot. Alternatives are hiring in Lyssa (in keyword) for Spd 5 Incorporeal. You can bring in Grootslang to teleport all over and be a durable scheme runner (also Lair/Ice Pillar/Scheme for Research Mission). Tuco has from the Shadows and Stealth to get across the table also. Gigants can use Shattering Shove to teleport friendly models, sometimes this will get done on Candy to dump her into the middle of an opponent's crew. I've taken the Mysterious Emissary or Hooded Rider before to create Hazardous Terrain for models stuck behind the ice pillar wall. Angel Eyes brings some long range fun. Vasilisa and Tangled Threads help with movement duels, and Move Along doesn't hurt a slower crew.

TL;DR: you have a TON of options, but play first, learn the strengths and weaknesses of the crew, and then decide for yourself!!! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Necrosage said:

Thanks for the advices

Feel free to ask further questions! There is also a few old threads that might help you:

About your previous questions I agree with the answers given. AP is usually better in minions to get the card draw except in very particular crews and models. Serena covers this faction weaknesses well, so she is a very popular pick and good to have while learning the ropes.

I don't like Bultungins at all, all that speed is worthless if they die before getting anything done... I've seen a Bultingin getting slaughtered in 1 activation by a Soulstone Miner for example, a model that doesn't stand out for its punch; that shouldn't happen to any schemer worth its salt... they are too glassy and can't even double scheme or disengage without an opposed duel. You may include 1 in a few games to test them yourself, but I wouldn't include 2, ever.

I've not played Gerions in GG1, so no idea in which place they are right now; but there are very good models to look at in the versatile pool. Those will also make easier getting into other NVB crews and that may make harder to hardcounter the crew if anti-marker tech is included.

Both Hinamatsu and the Rider are 2 very solid models worth looking at, specially in a crew that may deliver a model across the board with the Gigants' trigger (mind you may use it in your own models) and kind of cover the beater role of Gerions. But there are more good options in that versatile pool: Vasilisa and her dolls should play well into the staggered theme of the crew . The Doppleganger is also a good versatile model (who may copy that Thoon attack with THAT trigger ;)) and she comes with Changelins, who may copy Euripides tactical actions (1 of these may also be a fine addition to the crew, mind mimics does copy built in triggers). Wrath plays well with Lyssas (tho getting that box is expensive) and as said above BBS are also worth considering (tho Matures aren't avaliable yet AFAIK).

As you will probably get Serena that come with IM, Dreamer box may be another good purchase; that master is one of the best of this faction and he would fit as double Master for Euripides. The Dreamer is Incorporeal and is able to summon 2 incorporeal models that may also ignore pilars (those IMs); plus he plays with masks, not tomes as the rest of the crew.

But Savages doesn't look like an easy crew to start tbh... lots of very big bases, need to play around pilars to keep models alive, heavy suit management, old ways... good luck!

• Thanks 2