Melee beaters problem in m3e

darksoul281

4 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Curious why that is, because aside from Seamus and Reva, the Rezzer toolkit should be running over those, or at least tying them down to the point of unusability.

I main Molly and Reva xD

Molly possibly has a good matchup against Nekima, but I've not played it *that* many times. But most of my tricks that really punish other crews (like irreducible damage, condition ignoring, mobility) aren't as effective against Nephilim. And combat finesse is a very annoying ability for me to have to work around (since I go to great lengths to produce card advantage, not being able to use it to land hits is difficult).

2" engagement range is also a pain to deal with. It's not like Dreamer where I can just use a daydream to reposition. Having the 2/1 engagement discrepancy can cost me a few actions.

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Can you shed some light on what makes the Colette list nasty? Our arcanist players always play in keyword, so I'm not as familiar with these lists.

EDIT: Although it does seem like a fantastic Colette pool!

The list certainly seems interesting to me, which is part of why I want to play Plaag now. Would like to experience some power-gamed arcanists!

i also play with 2 silent ones on symbols, but i thought abt necropunks or unders, so i pick 1 mecharachnid

ressers have no marker removal

9 hours ago, Mycellanious said:

So already he just hired some great models for the Scheme pool. The Mech Rider is fantastic at Breakthrough, Runic Binding, and Spread Them Out and Soul Stone Miner is fantastic at Claim Jump, Take Prisoner, and either Breakthrough or Spread Them Out (not both at once), so realistically with those two models alone he accomplish any of the schemes.

The Mecharachnid has Precise, so it ignores all the tech that Von Schook is bringing, literally all of it (I hire it specifically to kill the Valedictorian). Its weaknesses are usually its low wound count and its lack of speed, so its seceptable to ping damage or spike damage, but Soul Stone Cache greatly mitigates that weakness and Colette can mitigate the speed issue. In addition, in a Colette crew the Mecharachnid has plenty of leftover Scheme markers to eat for its Temporary Limb, while also serving as a denial piece if Schook tries any of the Scheme Markers schemes. Oh, and its a minion. So when Colette, it, the Miner, or the Rider use a SS they get a positive to duel (if they are nearby)

The Silent One is just a solid ranged healer. I'm not particularly fond of hiring them OOK, but here I expect it will allow him to spread out his key models while also helping them stay healthy, in an attempt to deny Schook Summons. 

The Mech Rider's ultimate ability is to reactivate any friendly model regardless of LOS or Range, including itself. Adding Soul Stone Cache gives the Rider the ability to use this ultimate ability on Turn 2, the only Rider in the game capable of doing that. This is great for itself to get extra scheme markers, or on the Mecharachnid to eviscerate one of Schook's models, however I'm fairly certain that Plaag is going to try to use that ability on the Duet on turns 2-5. Doing so correctly, I believe, would allow the duet 4 activations a Turn, maybe only three if I dont understand Replace rules correctly. 

For me the biggest concern here is the 2ss cache. With so many models on the crew demanding Soul Stones this game, I'm not sure the Miner will be enough to cover the demand. 

due to the rules of replacement, duet can do only 3 activations with reactivation; silent ones can say that all my symbols are blocked with ice pillars; ss ill get from killing models in aura of 2 ss cache(trying to do so)

• Thanks 1

I've almost entirely stopped playing Molly in GG1. She's what I use to demo sometimes because you can play her without murdering a new player's models and show that killing isn't the only way to score points.

Actually playing a lot more Outcasts instead of Ressers recently.

Stuff needs to stay alive to score (mostly) in GG1 and Elite crews tend to perform better that what Forgotten can offer. 

The Archie nerf just kinda put the nail in the coffin for me. For now at least.

Maybe I'll get her back on the table with GG2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saduhem said:

I've almost entirely stopped playing Molly in GG1. She's what I use to demo sometimes because your can play her without murdering a new player's models and show that killing isn't the only way to score points.

Actually playing a lot more Outcasts instead of Ressers recently.

Stuff needs to stay alive to score (mostly) in GG1 and Elite crews tend to perform better that what Forgotten can offer. 

The Archie nerf just kinda put the nail in the coffin for me. For now at least.

Maybe I'll get her back on the table with GG2. 

Yeah, I played her elite through GG0, but the Archie nerf has me thinking you might be right. Still, going to give it a go! Unless I were to bring Reva xD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Come on! You just set a new record for how fast you betrayed her this time...

giphy.gif

Best of luck to both of you! :)

Honestly I might have done better in this matchup to pick her :P But it's okay, I'll take her next time, I just had to break out Schtook into someone who was 'at their height of power', so Colette in Symbols, to see if he truly is undefeatable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Honestly I might have done better in this matchup to pick her :P But it's okay, I'll take her next time, I just had to break out Schtook into someone who was 'at their height of power', so Colette in Symbols, to see if he truly is undefeatable.

Haha, no worries; I was just messing around.

But that'd be great, I'd really like to see her in a high level match as the leader for research purposes :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, Plaag said:

due to the rules of replacement, duet can do only 3 activations with reactivation; silent ones can say that all my symbols are blocked with ice pillars; ss ill get from killing models in aura of 2 ss cache(trying to do so)

I know this is super late, but I am wondering how the duet can get 3 Activations....? My understanding is that replaced models are treated to be activate if the original model activated. So even if the duet splits at the second activation from riders ult, both solutes coryphees are treated as activated right? Where can you do the third activation? 

2 minutes ago, Sanik said:

I know this is super late, but I am wondering how the duet can get 3 Activations....? My understanding is that replaced models are treated to be activate if the original model activated. So even if the duet splits at the second activation from riders ult, both solutes coryphees are treated as activated right? Where can you do the third activation? 

2 activations as normal ( following the replace rules for the duet allows it to effectively activate twice) and then a third activation from the mech rider. 

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

2 activations as normal ( following the replace rules for the duet allows it to effectively activate twice) and then a third activation from the mech rider. 

Um... so this is the part I don’t get. How can the duet can 2 activation? The replacement rules said that if the original activated, the new model is treated as activated..?? So if you split, both corphees are activated?