Melee beaters problem in m3e

darksoul281

10 minutes ago, Sanik said:

Um... so this is the part I don’t get. How can the duet can 2 activation? The replacement rules said that if the original activated, the new model is treated as activated..?? So if you split, both corphees are activated? 

When you split, you don't count as activated (you count as activated at the end of your activation, see FAQ). 

So when you split, one continues and is activated. The other is unactivated.

EDIT: it is the same reason a model that disengages with manipulative still gives a minus flip. It doesn't count as activated yet.

On 1/31/2021 at 2:30 PM, Sanik said:

Um... so this is the part I don’t get. How can the duet can 2 activation? The replacement rules said that if the original activated, the new model is treated as activated..?? So if you split, both corphees are activated? 

Screenshot_20210202-043439_Drive.thumb.jpg.8f15543ceb50247df9789c38ee483956.jpg

Duet replaces during its activation, two coryphee, one ends the activation and is considered activated, other one is unactivated.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:21 AM, Saduhem said:

1 isn't an option either with, pardon me if I'm wrong, @Kharnage kicking buckets of tail with Nekima. I still wouldn't remotely put her in the category of masters that need toning down though. She's already suffered enough :}

Yeah, Malifaux is a game of mobility, so writing off the ‘flying master’ as bottom-tier might not be thought all through. 

On 2/2/2021 at 10:57 AM, Regelridderen said:

Yeah, Malifaux is a game of mobility, so writing off the ‘flying master’ as bottom-tier might not be thought all through. 

It's a game of mobility + survivability.  It doesn't matter how mobile she is if she dies to any kind of reasonable offense (see: Silurids).

Just now, Nagi21 said:

It's a game of mobility + survivability.  It doesn't matter how mobile she is if she dies to any kind of reasonable offense (see: Silurids).

Wait, are you saying Silurids are bad? I thought most people agreed they're awesome.

How much terrain do you play with? That can make these types of models a lot worse if you don't have enough terrain.

10 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wait, are you saying Silurids are bad? I thought most people agreed they're awesome.

How much terrain do you play with? That can make these types of models a lot worse if you don't have enough terrain.

Oh I'm not saying Silurids are bad, I'm just using them as an example of something that is just mobile and can't stay vs a dedicated attack.  Not bad when the model is a 5 stone runner... very bad when the model is a 7-10 stone minion or master.

A lot of terrain.  The problem isn't usually getting there, the problem is that 3e models are much more survivable vs alpha strike so you take way more as Nephilim than you give once you go in.  Good for attrition crews, bad for Nephilim.

18 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

Oh I'm not saying Silurids are bad, I'm just using them as an example of something that is just mobile and can't stay vs a dedicated attack.  Not bad when the model is a 5 stone runner... very bad when the model is a 7-10 stone minion or master.

Mobility and positioning are part of a model's defensive kit. Very fast models threat further and can cause your opponent to over extend to get the alpha. A Mature threats 4"+50mm+6"+2" regardless of terrain and intervening models, aside from landing zones for the places. That's 2 min 3 swings from further out than everything excluding Run and Gun models, and of those only Kaeris has Flight, Lone Marshal has unimpeded, but doesn't ignore models, impassable, or climbable.

Saying Silurids fold to a dedicated attack is pretty inaccurate. You'd pretty much need a severe 6 to kill it or it lives through most activations. Most scenarios where they get attacked twice means you played into it because they have Stealth and BFJ, and when paired with Leap it usually means your opponent has to dedicate alot of AP to killing them. They're not quite Necropunks, but if Necropunks are SS tier, then Silurids are S.

• Agree 2