Melee beaters problem in m3e

darksoul281

6 minutes ago, Saduhem said:

1 isn't an option either with, pardon me if I'm wrong, @Kharnage kicking buckets of tail with Nekima. I still wouldn't remotely put her in the category of masters that need toning down though. She's already suffered enough :}

Please don't nerf my girl any more! I'm still able to win with Nekima. And for everyone's information, I am playing a game against Plaag on the 19th if y'all care to hear about how that went. Do you want me to play Schtook or Nekima? 

I think Nekima is now more difficult for people to use correctly, myself included. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kharnage said:

Please don't nerf my girl any more! I'm still able to win with Nekima. And for everyone's information, I am playing a game against Plaag on the 19th if y'all care to hear about how that went. Do you want me to play Schtook or Nekima? 

I think Nekima is now more difficult for people to use correctly, myself included. 

Nekima please :}

That said, I do think that Von Schtook is better overall, so I wouldn't want to be partially responsible for a potential loss!

6 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

I vote Von Schtook just because he said Ressers are the worst faction, so have to put that to the test 😜

11 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

Been following the same and I've come to two conclusions:

1) Nekima is at the bottom tier of masters that are focused on high damage output in melee due to a lack of defense, and her style being too easy to counter and build around for most factions/crews.

2) Plaag is a troll that probably plays with a weak meta, and challenges any disagreement with "u mad, fite me".

i think u just dont understand how this game must be played and instead of prove your opinion in battle you prefer dislike my posts, u are funny)) 

• Haha 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Kharnage said:

waiting for our game) thnx for taking my challenge)

7 minutes ago, Plaag said:

i think u just dont understand how this game must be played and instead of prove your opinion in battle you prefer dislike my posts, u are funny)) 

You often state opinions and don't explain why you have those opinions. As such its not surprising people will disagree with them because you have offered no evidence. I know I've chatted with you privately about why you don't provide reasons for those opinions, and its certainly a choice to not provide them, but it means you have very little reason to expect people to agree with you. 

<MOD HAT>

People -can we avoid personal attacks all round. Disagree with opinions all you like but name calling and insulting peoples abilities (especially when you don't actually know them) is not on. This applies to everyone. On the whole I think there has been useful discussion here, but I'm fairly close to shutting the whole thing down due to lack of politeness, and potentially issuing official warnings. 

</MOD HAT>

Back on topic (sort of)

9 hours ago, Kharnage said:

And for everyone's information, I am playing a game against Plaag on the 19th if y'all care to hear about how that went. Do you want me to play Schtook or Nekima? 

Are you trying to prove a point in the game or is it just to play the game? Because if you're trying to prove a point, then the master that helps that point would be best. 

I look forward to hearing about the game either way. 

4 hours ago, Adran said:

Are you trying to prove a point in the game or is it just to play the game? Because if you're trying to prove a point, then the master that helps that point would be best. 

I look forward to hearing about the game either way. 

Frankly I feel like I'm more likely to win with Schtook, but either of my choices are masters that
A: I am good at 
B: Have been disparaged in this thread
My debate between the two is do I wanna represent my loyalty to God Empress Nekima, or defend my reputation as a strong player? Until I actually play someone, in my head they're always this strong, unstoppable player that I must absolutely try my hardest into, and Nekima is just not as strong as Schtook. Basically I'm deciding between kicking my self for either:
Being a resser sellout
Losing on Nekima when I might have won as Schtook
Nightmare scenario I lose as Schtook, but I genuinely believe that's not a real possibility. 
The victory would be sweetest if I won on Nekima though...
I'm thinking too much about this, is all I'm saying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Frankly I feel like I'm more likely to win with Schtook, but either of my choices are masters that
My debate between the two is do I wanna represent my loyalty to God Empress Nekima, or defend my reputation as a strong player? Until I actually play someone, in my head they're always this strong, unstoppable player that I must absolutely try my hardest into, and Nekima is just not as strong as Schtook. Basically I'm deciding between kicking my self for either:
Being a resser sellout
Nightmare scenario I lose as Schtook, but I genuinely believe that's not a real possibility. 

I've got a question (I always ask it when the "what-master-should-I-take?" discussion begins).

What are the strategy, deployment, schemes and table?

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Being a resser sellout

are we getting this clash of the titans recorded?

Aight, just so everyone's aware, it's Schtook vs Colette
Symbols of Authority, standard deployment
Breakthrough
Take Prisoner
Spread Them Out
Claim Jump
Runic Binding

Crews:
Schtook w/ Whisper
Assistant
Valedictorian w/ GST
Dead Rider w/ GST
Anna Lovelace
Student of Steel
6 stones

Colette
Doves x 3
Silent One
Soulstone Miner w/ Magical Training
Mecharachnid w/ Soulstone Cache
Mech Rider w/ Soulstone Cache
Coryphee Duet
2 stones

GET HYPED. OR don't, but like, thought you might want to know. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Kharnage said:

Aight, just so everyone's aware, it's Schtook vs Colette
Symbols of Authority, standard deployment
Breakthrough
Take Prisoner
Spread Them Out
Claim Jump
Runic Binding

Crews:
Schtook w/ Whisper
Assistant
Valedictorian w/ GST
Dead Rider w/ GST
Anna Lovelace
Student of Steel
6 stones

Colette
Doves x 3
Silent One
Soulstone Miner w/ Magical Training
Mecharachnid w/ Soulstone Cache
Mech Rider w/ Soulstone Cache
Coryphee Duet
2 stones

GET HYPED. OR don't, but like, thought you might want to know. 

Im super pumped for this even though I cant see it live. I'm hoping for a win for the Americans, but I gotta say I think that Colete list is gonna take it. That's absolutely nasty

9 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

Im super pumped for this even though I cant see it live. I'm hoping for a win for the Americans, but I gotta say I think that Colete list is gonna take it. That's absolutely nasty

Can you shed some light on what makes the Colette list nasty? Our arcanist players always play in keyword, so I'm not as familiar with these lists.

EDIT: Although it does seem like a fantastic Colette pool!

The list certainly seems interesting to me, which is part of why I want to play Plaag now. Would like to experience some power-gamed arcanists!

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

Can you shed some light on what makes the Colette list nasty? Our arcanist players always play in keyword, so I'm not as familiar with these lists.

The list certainly seems interesting to me, which is part of why I want to play Plaag now. Would like to experience some power-gamed arcanists!

So already he just hired some great models for the Scheme pool. The Mech Rider is fantastic at Breakthrough, Runic Binding, and Spread Them Out and Soul Stone Miner is fantastic at Claim Jump, Take Prisoner, and either Breakthrough or Spread Them Out (not both at once), so realistically with those two models alone he accomplish any of the schemes.

The Mecharachnid has Precise, so it ignores all the tech that Von Schook is bringing, literally all of it (I hire it specifically to kill the Valedictorian). Its weaknesses are usually its low wound count and its lack of speed, so its seceptable to ping damage or spike damage, but Soul Stone Cache greatly mitigates that weakness and Colette can mitigate the speed issue. In addition, in a Colette crew the Mecharachnid has plenty of leftover Scheme markers to eat for its Temporary Limb, while also serving as a denial piece if Schook tries any of the Scheme Markers schemes. Oh, and its a minion. So when Colette, it, the Miner, or the Rider use a SS they get a positive to duel (if they are nearby)

The Silent One is just a solid ranged healer. I'm not particularly fond of hiring them OOK, but here I expect it will allow him to spread out his key models while also helping them stay healthy, in an attempt to deny Schook Summons. 

The Mech Rider's ultimate ability is to reactivate any friendly model regardless of LOS or Range, including itself. Adding Soul Stone Cache gives the Rider the ability to use this ultimate ability on Turn 2, the only Rider in the game capable of doing that. This is great for itself to get extra scheme markers, or on the Mecharachnid to eviscerate one of Schook's models, however I'm fairly certain that Plaag is going to try to use that ability on the Duet on turns 2-5. Doing so correctly, I believe, would allow the duet 4 activations a Turn, maybe only three if I dont understand Replace rules correctly. 

For me the biggest concern here is the 2ss cache. With so many models on the crew demanding Soul Stones this game, I'm not sure the Miner will be enough to cover the demand. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

For example Molly is an absolute powerhouse in a meta with lots of Kaeris and Rasputina, but I can imagine she is quite weak in a meta full of Shenlongs. Similarly, Nekima is often quite a hard master for me to beat, as mature nephilim match up well against my ressers.

Curious why that is, because aside from Seamus and Reva, the Rezzer toolkit should be running over those, or at least tying them down to the point of unusability.