Jump to content

Lucas McCabe (Wastrel Keyword) Discussion


HomelessOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/19/2021 at 10:27 PM, Whut said:

Oh, so for example what I do with Basse is end turn one in position to do some serious damage, then I soulstone turn 2 (if necessary), cheat initiative, then use Flush With Cash to draw another 4.

So I've now had 12 cards to get my hand full of severes (minus one severe for initiative), and can blow something up before the opponent can react.

OH MY GOD
Why did I never think about this? ❤️ I can't wait to try this in my next Basse game.
But getting back in topic, Im considering to get into McCabe, as new add for my Explorer's roster. 

Considering that I will soon get the Fool's Gold box for Cornelius (those Rough riders are magnificent models), what other box do you think is necessary for McCabe to run efficiently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Giovanni Canzanella said:

OH MY GOD
Why did I never think about this? ❤️ I can't wait to try this in my next Basse game.
But getting back in topic, Im considering to get into McCabe, as new add for my Explorer's roster. 

Considering that I will soon get the Fool's Gold box for Cornelius (those Rough riders are magnificent models), what other box do you think is necessary for McCabe to run efficiently?

I've only played ~10 games with ES McCabe before the nerf, and...

I'd say you want most of the keyword models (Hucksters, Desper, Rough Riders).

From there, I think Beebe and Calypso shows a lot of promise, but only had him in 1-2 games. but B&C is guaranteed scrap generation if your Hucksters fail (although that's a bit less likely now).

McCabe also has a lot less killing power, so I think you probably just want the usual ES superfriends as backups (Archivist, Emissary, B&C, Mikhail, Grave Goo, whatever).

But honestly I played most of my games pure keyword and it was super fun and pretty solid. Unless you're going for tournament, I'd start with the keyword and see what you feel like you want more of.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I played most of my games pure keyword and it was super fun and pretty solid

Yup, that's how I love my games as well, to be honest :) 
So basically I need: McCabe corebox, One born every minute, Fool's Gold and...maybe Wanderlust? I've read Jessie's card but she doesn't seem so good on paper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Giovanni Canzanella said:

Yup, that's how I love my games as well, to be honest :) 
So basically I need: McCabe corebox, One born every minute, Fool's Gold and...maybe Wanderlust? I've read Jessie's card but she doesn't seem so good on paper.

Most people are super down on Jessie, and then I see an occasional (Ten Thunders) player rave about her. I think ES has all those tools elsewhere (such as the upgrade for marker removal).

So I think she's fine to skip unless you really want her.

Cherri Bomb/Sidir is great for a damage dealer in keyword, and probably one of the best upgrade targets in the faction.

Speaking of upgrade targets, some people like to slap those on Daeva, so that's possibly a consideration.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

So I think she's fine to skip unless you really want her.

 

Mmhh, good question. Do I want her? Considering that I play lots of Anya lately and consistently Frontier keywords, maybe I should just grab the box and see in what condition she's worth paying her cost. Do you have any experience with her?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Giovanni Canzanella said:

Mmhh, good question. Do I want her? Considering that I play lots of Anya lately and consistently Frontier keywords, maybe I should just grab the box and see in what condition she's worth paying her cost. Do you have any experience with her?

Haven't tried her myself, no. I do like the models in the box, but they all have some issues/seem so niche, so never got that interested in the box over the other options xD

I'd much rather buy the Beebe & Calypso box for the scrap (and the cool factor).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daeva is a very decent OOK minion for McCabe in ES. Made to Kill and Clingy really shine with all the Ride with Me and pushing effects from the keyword. Mimic is a good add in the first and maybe second turn to help dropping Scrap.

Surveyor is also a good candidate. Life Leech from the Mask is better on him because of the armor, and he can use Price of Progress to ensure the Focused Cleansing for self healing. The hazard aura, again, works well with all the pushing inside the keyword.

Botanist is another model that is named a lot when talking about ES McCabe. You just need to ensure with your opponent or TO before game on the difference between removing a marker and discarding a marker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information