From Nightmares Wishlist

WolfDayDream

So I hear there is NDA alpha/beta testing for TTB's latest expansion (I wonder if ttb is doing well enough or they just gonna kill it after Nightmares..) but as someone who wasn't aware of it so didn't request to join (not like I have a group to test with) I wanted to express what I hope we can get mostly Pursuits as I'm not picky about readings. I'm really hopeful for either a Puppeteer with marionettes or a summoner. I hope the Pursuits in Neverborn are more malevolent   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WolfDayDream said:

I hope the Pursuits in Neverborn are more malevolent   

Bully wasn't malevolent enough?  : )

My main hopes are...

1) A Prestidigitation equivalent of Dabbler, Graverobber, and Magewright. 

2) Information on the Badlands and the Knotwoods on par with what we've gotten on the Northern Hills and the Bayou. 

3) Some more explanation on what different kinds of Neverborn actually ARE.  Like, I know what models are Woes but I still have no real clue what a woe actually IS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WolfDayDream said:

So I hear there is NDA alpha/beta testing for TTB's latest expansion (I wonder if ttb is doing well enough or they just gonna kill it after Nightmares..) but as someone who wasn't aware of it so didn't request to join (not like I have a group to test with) I wanted to express what I hope we can get mostly Pursuits as I'm not picky about readings. I'm really hopeful for either a Puppeteer with marionettes or a summoner. I hope the Pursuits in Neverborn are more malevolent   

Wyrd recently hired a new head designer for TTB. So I would assume its doing well enough that they have no current plans to kill it off. They also put out a general call for playtesters in all their systems at about the same time (It turns out it was last November, doesn't time fly). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Adran said:

Wyrd recently hired a new head designer for TTB. So I would assume its doing well enough that they have no current plans to kill it off. They also put out a general call for playtesters in all their systems at about the same time (It turns out it was last November, doesn't time fly). 

I see! I just worry about the popularity as I never hear anything about it on SM

21 hours ago, WolfDayDream said:

So I hear there is NDA alpha/beta testing for TTB's latest expansion

That is excellent news, thank you for sharing (=

21 hours ago, WolfDayDream said:

I'm really hopeful for either a Puppeteer with marionettes or a summoner. I hope the Pursuits in Neverborn are more malevolent   

16 hours ago, Vorzakk 2.0 said:

Bully wasn't malevolent enough?  : )

My main hopes are...

1) A Prestidigitation equivalent of Dabbler, Graverobber, and Magewright. 

2) Information on the Badlands and the Knotwoods on par with what we've gotten on the Northern Hills and the Bayou. 

3) Some more explanation on what different kinds of Neverborn actually ARE.  Like, I know what models are Woes but I still have no real clue what a woe actually IS.

I agree with all of this. Speaking of Bully and Woes, Bully is the only pursuit we have so far that has strong interactions with WP checks (the Feast Of Terror Talent), so something along the lines Pandora and her Woes would be appropriate (and fun).

The only other thing that I can think of is some Magia/a Pursuit that have strong interactions with sever/hazardous terrain, along the lines of Lilith. I know there's the Pioneer Pursuit but it's very, meh? I have some notes on potential buffs/alterations but i'd like to see first if we get anything in From Nightmares that buffs it by proxy, or overlaps to much with my ideas.

• 2 months later...

Personally I'm hoping for some more in depth looks at some of the Neverborn power players. We have scant information on how things are run in each Neverborn's respective coterie and how precisely each different Neverborn infiltrates human society. Plus learning more about what exactly Mattheson is but it's likely we need to wait for more metaplot for that.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw a preview page which included the short descriptions of seven pursuits and none of them sounded like a Prestidigitation equivalent to Dabbler, Graverobber, and Magewright.  I love this game but I'm going to be really disappointed if they didn't include one.  

On a positive note, what was included sounds awesome!

• Agree 1

On 1/8/2021 at 4:13 PM, Vorzakk 2.0 said:

I just saw a preview page which included the short descriptions of seven pursuits and none of them sounded like a Prestidigitation equivalent to Dabbler, Graverobber, and Magewright.  I love this game but I'm going to be really disappointed if they didn't include one.  

On a positive note, what was included sounds awesome!

This was the #1 request on my wish list as well. If it's not in this book, could we get it in an official supplement?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OssumPawesome said:

Honestly, that's what the Illusionist from Into the Steam should have been. I'll be disappointed too. It's definitely needed for the game. 

Illusionist, as envisioned with lots of Manifested Powers, feels more like an Advanced Pursuit. You need multiple Magic skills to pull it off. It's a hard pursuit to pull off RAW without a lot of Magic Skill Kits or picking the Oxford Method. It would certainly be easier to pull off if you had some Destiny Steps under your belt.