McCabe's Rough Riders

Regelridderen

45 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Looks like there's new 'rough riders' to substitute Rollins' (McCabe's) old mounted guild guard. What do you think, will they be a decent addition to the Wastrels?

McCabe, Luna, 2 Rough Riders, Yasanori, 2 Koimanu, Wonderweasel.

A twist on the old English hunting party (fox wonderweasel included).

Sure, it'll probably play like crap, but it'd be funny.

• Haha 2

You know, i have mixed fealings about them...

Sculptes are... Dunno, so-so? Nothing interesting or fun.

Mechanicaly they are quite nice unless they gotta fight against heavy wp crew. They bring some crazy mobility to already quite fast crew, so our gunner platform in form of Sidir or Samurai will not have to spend actions to move themself, just pure dakka-dakka. They might do some nice shooting by themself.

And from power gaming perspective i yell for any form of movement passive attack ability to create really nightmarish trampling crew...

Wastrel Fast And Furious (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Lucas McCabe Relic Hunter
Totem(s):
  Luna
Hires:
  Sidir Alchibal
  Minako Rei
  Rough Rider
  Rough Rider 2
  Wanyudo
  Huckster

Sidir Has three rides with me and Huckster has teleportation, do all modela has mv6 and two has mv7.
Additional option to hire also Tanuki and play with cache 1 for event more positive flips.

Minako and/od Wanyudo might be exchanged for Samurai and/or Desper.

Oh, those looks legit... just for Ride with me in a 7SS models they are worth paying attention to; but they also have self sustain (+ survivalist) and a ranged attack (not high damage, but :+flipis what makes a difference; it's consistent and is able to get through Manipulative/Serene Coutenance and the like), also a 14'' gun in a model with Ride with Me is a lot of range and may let them play safe/getting good firelanes without losing shots.

In severe terrain (that they may also create), they are decently tanky for a 7SS against guns/spells; they look glassy if something get in their face tho.

@FrostHunter 2 small details about that list; after GG1 summoning Katashiros from scrap requires a 12:tome or higher, I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore without a model to create shadow markers.

Also from the versatile/OOK pool I'd probably pick a minion instead of an enforcer; Wanyudo cannot get Artifacts, which is a waste in that crew... with so many Ride with me in that list a strong Sz2 minion might be a good addition instead of him: as you suggest a Samurai is a good pick, but also a Crime boss or a Kabuki might be good choices with their range 2'', good mele damage track and so many reposition tricks (which includes McCabbe pushing models by default with his attack)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ogid said:

2 small details about that list; after GG1 summoning Katashiros from scrap requires a 12:tome or higher, I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore without a model to create shadow markers.

Also from the versatile/OOK pool I'd probably pick a minion instead of an enforcer; Wanyudo cannot get Artifacts, which is a waste in that crew... with so many Ride with me in that list a strong Sz2 minion might be a good addition instead of him: as you suggest a Samurai is a good pick, but also a Crime boss or a Kabuki might be good choices with their range 2'', good mele damage track and so many reposition tricks (which includes McCabbe pushing models by default with his attack)

Yeah, i know both facts, but i'm still tempted by having ability to summon very nice model and in first turn, with Luna and Huckster's False Claim with triggered Inflated Worth the crew will draw few extra cards so it may help to dig for those three cards that enables summoning of katashiro. Faded Mirror may also help. And with Rough Riders and spam of ride with me i wouldn't be afraid to start clumped altogether.

Second case is also provided by temptation of trampling my opponent and cause as many as possible movement duels, but yup you are absolutely right about crime boss or kabuki warrior (i have forgotten to mention about second one, about the first one i never thought about them).

About Rough Rider shooting, with inbuild positive flips the chances of getting high enough ram might be nice (depending on luck), so minimal 3 are very nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrostHunter said:

Yeah, i know both facts, but i'm still tempted by having ability to summon very nice model and in first turn, with Luna and Huckster's False Claim with triggered Inflated Worth the crew will draw few extra cards so it may help to dig for those three cards that enables summoning of katashiro. Faded Mirror may also help. And with Rough Riders and spam of ride with me i wouldn't be afraid to start clumped altogether.

Sounds like you got all figured out! It's worth a shot then :)

Another idea similar to that would be changing Minako and the Wanyudo for Asami; She is Sz2, so you may ride her forward and then use all that card cicle to summon a Jorogumo the first turn in the middle of the table (and then McCabe may gift it a with a Timeworn Blade). In case you can't get a 13, an obsidian Oni with a Phantasmal Mask for an 11 sounds like a fun roadblock.

1 hour ago, FrostHunter said:

Second case is also provided by temptation of trampling my opponent and cause as many as possible movement duels, but yup you are absolutely right about crime boss or kabuki warrior (i have forgotten to mention about second one, about the first one i never thought about them).

The Samurai is the safest one by far, that's probably the best option; but the other 2 might be good in the right game. Mele range 2 versus range 1 used well is a pain for the other crew (especially when McCabe's push or ride with me can put a range 1 model again into 2'' range). And a fast model with min damage 3 and that blade artifact carted forward is a dangerous alpha strike. But both are easier to kill than a Samurai.

The Kabuki hits even harder than the Crime Boss if he doesn't charge (something doable with so many models to reposition him or McCabe pushing enemies) and Combat Finesse is very good if you don't expect ranged attacks, specially in a crew with card draw that can save a decent card to cheat when the other player can't. Also his bonus action is situational, so he can really use one of the artifact's ones (also Blade Storm fits him!)

But it's not only the damage but the utility: Lure can be used to put a model in range of Sidir/McCabe (or to clump enemy models for McCabe to trample/Rear up or for Sidir's :blast). The Distracted aura is quite good: McCabe doesn't have that many Wp actions, but it may be used to discard an artifact from the Kabuki to use "careful, it's cursed"; making almost impossible for all models near of him to succeed in that duel, or to make also quite hard to fail an Analyze Weakness with Sidir versus a model near of him.

• Agree 3