Solo Sandeep possible?

farmoar

Hello Arcanists players!

I am looking to add Sandeep to my repertoire, but wanted some tips/advice/warnings from those of you who play him more. I already have 3 other factions, so I am not looking to add Arcanists, but I really like the gamin aesthetic, as well as the Banasuva/Kandara sculpts.

Keeping in mind that I am only going to have Sandeep only, are there any versatile or out-of-keyword models that you find yourself often taking? Are there any Academics or Elementals that never see the table? I can probably add a couple of non-keyword models, but won't have space for a lot.

Thank you in advance!

Academics are great, one of my favorite keywords and certainly viable in gg1! 

Pritty much every model has some play although some of them are more niche than others (kudra and svg are both good models but don't have same vercitility others have so tend to get left out) 

The only model I don't like is essence of power, its not that's isn't not useful but it just causes you to want to bunch up more which doesn't really suit scoring much as well as making you more susaptable to aoe attacks 

Your main issue will be public enemies. He has some issues in recover but can do it but being a summoner and his summons being relatively squishy (along with his support crew) they give up points fairly easy

Sandeep is great on his own. Good, flexible master.

I tend to not take the academic minions (Guards and Mages) most of the time and concentrate more on the Elemental part of his kit (and Kudra). Of those minions, Guards are better than Mages, in my view.

Of the elementals, I tend to use most, except for Metal Gamin and Golem. One could argue for one Metal Gamin for flexibility, but that is about it. Wind Gamin make the crew work and are exellent scheme runners, Poison Gamin are for later summoning and slowing down the enemy, I usually start with one Golem and summon the other, so there I need both Golems and the respective Gamin.

I usually don't take Versatile or OOK with Sandeep, as he has good models and exellent synergy in his keyword(s). Rider, Effigy and Emissary are good models, though.

• 2 weeks later...

In theory, yes, you may solo Sandeep; he has a huge model pool that may cover from combat to scheme pools, add a few good versatiles and you should be covered. His keyword is quite solid, I think all his models see play.

In practice he shares models with other 3 Arcanist masters, and in fact you need to collect also the full Kaeris keyword (but Carlos, which is another model worth looking at in a fire theme btw) to get his fire gamin and golem. For a little more you might have other playable masters, models with great synergy with your gamins and good potential double masters... start collecting Sandeep and you'll end with half of the faction, don't say later I didn't warn you XD.

There are very good OOK/Versatile models in the faction, but if you try to cover that you'll end with most of them... most Versatiles are legit and there are also a lot of good OOK in other boxes like Support staff (everything there), Altered Beasts (also everything there), Ten Peaks (Silents)...

Fly, you fool!

8 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

The trick is to buy half the faction and then realize you only have to spend a bit more to have everything Sandeep wants.

And then for a bit more you can complete 3 keywords! And then Colette and Hoffman looks awesome and will work well with some of the versatiles OOK options you already have...

Ask our ARC player... he started to collect Sandeep and my dude is about to complete the full faction 😂😂

3 hours ago, Ogid said:

And then for a bit more you can complete 3 keywords! And then Colette and Hoffman looks awesome and will work well with some of the versatiles OOK options you already have...

Ask our ARC player... he started to collect Sandeep and my dude is about to complete the full faction 😂😂

The problem comes when you extend out Hoffman and Mei Feng. 

I started with wanting to collect Guild, and one Master in each other faction (Seamus, Ramos, Zoraida and Levi). But Seamus wanted some Nico stuff, and Terror Tots were just awesome and...

Then we got the cross faction masters, and 10T, and I saw an entire Bayou crew on Ebay (sans Wong and Zipp), and I was in too deep.

My name is Morgan, and I'm a Malifauxholic.

• Haha 1

Lol, this thread derailed into full support group 😂

But yeah, this happens, that's why I started planning which faction(s) I wanted to play; I know that if I start collecting random masters, I'll get way too many models when I start getting extra options for those crews... nothing bad with that if you have enough room tho XD.