Fiddley bits!

8wGremlin

Hey Wyrd, I love your sculpts and models, they are fantastic. 

But please, please can we have a them cast in one piece, or at least have a second thread of models that are pre-made.  (like you did for the Other-side) 

I love the game, the lore, and I want to PLAY more,  I'm not a good painter, just ok, but with the assembly they are getting too hard for my ageing hands...

Can you help?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, 8wGremlin said:

Hey Wyrd, I love your sculpts and models, they are fantastic. 

But please, please can we have a them cast in one piece, or at least have a second thread of models that are pre-made.  (like you did for the Other-side) 

I love the game, the lore, and I want to PLAY more,  I'm not a good painter, just ok, but with the assembly they are getting too hard for my ageing hands...

Can you help?

Not likely to happen. For a significant portion of the customer base, if not a majority, the assembly and painting is part of the fun. 

I'm in your boat, not able to assemble (or paint) in a manner that wouldn't leave the model looking like a garish katamari damacy.

A solution is to ask among your local group, or at your local game store, and see if anyone is willing to do it for cheap/free. You might be surprised at how accommodating your local players are.

Could we just avoid the itty bitty bitty crazy small bits? Just put together the Order Initiates. Great models, but Rhino had another 'Yan Lo's Beard's and bird lady had nothing good to work to the base - to toes and a thin bird foot that is a separate piece!

If you're going to create thin little feet, at least model on a small pin of plastic so I can drill it into the base. 

• Agree 1

We have to be careful what we ask for. The more a miniature extends along all three axes, the more pieces have to be separated into smaller bits. This is even more pronounced if the sculpt "branches" off, like maybe something being on someone's extended arm.

As much as I've been traumatized by Goryos and Night Terrors, I don't want to end up having everything standing like big Jake or The Forgotten Marshall, arms splayed to their sides and legs wide.

3 hours ago, solkan said:

For what it’s worth, there may be various tools (I’ve seen some stuff that looks like a cotton swab but with sticky stuff on the end, marketed for jewelry crafting; or non-marking clay) to hold pieces more easily.  

I have a tool with wax for picking up litte gems for finger nails. And there are tools like a paper wrapped pen only it's wax. These are amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:42 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

You may be able to hire someone in your playgroup to do the assemblies is another option!

Our group is small, We're in New Zealand, and they have the same difficulty. 

On 9/4/2020 at 6:15 AM, ClanAzule said:

I have to agree and also share that I have found the legendary difficulty of assembling the models has actually been a large impediment to getting folks to try the game

Yeah, others are just using some other companied mini's as they 1. already have them, 2. were ready assembled, or 3. are getting 3d printed minis done now. 

Just now, 8wGremlin said:

Our group is small, We're in New Zealand, and they have the same difficulty. 

Oh, me too!

I'm in Christchurch and running a tournament in November. Let me know if you want more details and I'll PM you :).

We also have people in Chch who could probably help assemble, but that probably isn't helpful (unless you mail back and forth).

Another option is purchasing second hand - a lot of the FB groups sell assembled models.

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh, me too!

I'm in Christchurch and running a tournament in November. Let me know if you want more details and I'll PM you :).

We also have people in Chch who could probably help assemble, but that probably isn't helpful (unless you mail back and forth).

Another option is purchasing second hand - a lot of the FB groups sell assembled models.

Awesome, I'm in Welly! 
Now that we are Level 1 I can travel... well except Auckland... but lets not talk about them! 

Please PM me I'd love to know more. 

• 1 month later...