Announcing The Other Coast Podcast!

7 hours ago, Cats Laughing said:

Both of those ideas do seem pretty large and more like 'next edition' items.  Though they could be introduced via new models and maybe later errata'd onto older models if needed/appropriate.

I think either could be accomplished with an upgrade that OOK models got, and it could be as simple as "at the start of this model's activation, this model must either a) discard a card, b) suffer 2 damage, or c) end its activation."

Or in the alternative, it could maybe not hurt you at all, but let your opponent draw a card or something.  There's lots of levers available to pull.  Some are subtle, some obvious.  Some drastic, some minor.  Some negative to you, some positive for your opponent.

But ultimately you are probably right.  Any structural changes to the hiring process are probably not coming until M4E, if ever.

Thanks for the listen!  Please let us know if there's any topics you'd like to hear our uninformed opinions on in the future!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Snackelwolf said:

Rad podcast guys!  We're in Fresno and Sacramento area, and are just diving into The Other Side. Naturally, that was a good episode to start with. Enjoyed it.

I'll share more thoughts when the 2 player starter arrives, and will check out other episodes when time permits.

Thanks.

Thanks for the listens!  We're hoping to do more The Other Side content in the future.

Where abouts in Sacramento do people play Malifaux?  My grandparents lived in Citrus Heights, so I'm vaguely familiar with the area.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:04 PM, The Other Coast said:

Thanks for the listens!  We're hoping to do more The Other Side content in the future.

Where abouts in Sacramento do people play Malifaux?  My grandparents lived in Citrus Heights, so I'm vaguely familiar with the area.

This may be odd to you, but we don't play Malifaux. I did back in 2nd and 1st edition years ago with my son and others, but haven't in ages.  We are fully interested in The Other Side, as we prefer army scale / squad combat and, truth be told, have plenty of Skirmish games already to enjoy.

I live in Fresno, my ToS opponent is in Lodi. There will be more into the game soon, if I have my way with it.

So here's to hoping the ToS gets a proper re-launch, and those 2 player starters get into the right alpha gamers hands to spread awareness.

Drop me a line if you guys are ever heading my way up Highway 99.  There are a lot of good game stores in Central California where we could snap some Fate Decks

for a bit.

• Thanks 1