Let's Do The Time Warp Again: Honeypot Edition

Jesy Blue

In second edition, Jacob Lynch used to be duel faction Neverborn/Ten Thunders. 

Let's say that didn't change.  Everything else in M3E went as it did, but Jacob Lynch & The Hungering Darkness kept both affiliations still.

How would Honeypot play in M3E as Neverborn?

The only things that spring to mind are Zoraida and Dreamer. Also known as models that stack well with rigged deck and more anti cheating stuff. (with Zoraida also encouraging cheating because she can make them draw a whole new hand...) But they spring to mind with a big bell screaming that this could be broken!!!

Otherwise I'm not sure what Honeypot would gain from Neverborn.

Hm.  I think Savage would be pretty interesting along with Honeypot for old ways.  I also think Pandora would be interesting into a honeypot crew as they put out a decent amount of 'gross bubble' vibe with distracted / etc.  Having some misery models amping it up with some other conditions would be interesting.  Zoraida would also be interesting as I sometimes bring the shadow emissary for the hand discard and zoraida's is way better as it lets me redraw a hand not just cycle.  More obeys would also be nice as huggys obey can make some fun 'wait what' moments (he's also not a bad target for an obey with his tentacles).

IDK... I see him better in TT than he would be in NVB. NVB is terrible defending his models and that's bad news for a crew that rely in squishy models like Tannen and that needs to keep them alive to control enemies and give them tokens; they would give up things like Samurais, Tanukis, Sun Quiang, H2K, Take the hit, Stealth, Distraction aura...

Also Rig the deck with Lucid Dreams sounds awesome on paper, but not so much trying to build a list. 1 or 2 minions in a Lynch list aren't going to make a big difference and in a heavy lucid dream list with only 1-2 slots for a good model, I rather someone that can make good use of that hot deck instead of more cards shenanigans.

I like the idea of Zoraida tho, Lynch's totem is a legal target for obey and it's very good and there would be 2 very good obeys in that list. But it's also a gamble (and not a rigged one, like the ones Lynch likes): Lynch uses Rig the deck to make sure his hand is better and keep his models alive, Zoraida's mulligan will give 2 random hands to both players; more cheating is more damage/brillance stacking, but it can also get an important model killed if the other player gets a good hand.

There isn't that much synergy with Pandora, she plays around conditions and Lynch around tokens; there are a few good auras like Betrayal that Pandora may use and The Carver would be good debuffing enemies and getting obeyed by the Hungering Darkness; but other than that those 2 doesn't seems that good together.

BBS or Vasi could be good with him, Rig the Deck can get them the card they need for growing/summoning; savages with Old ways could also make a double good use of high cards...

If some of his models would be NVB, a model with Rig the Deck +2/+3 would be nice in any crew to have the chance to get good cards... NVB could really use a model like Gwyneth to get card draw on top of the Rig the Deck or a model with a Cover aura that doesn't need to get activated first like Huggy's one (which would also go well with Nephs for obvious reasons)

I think NVB would get more from him than that he would get from the faction.