Leveticus Counters?

susannymn

Hello, quick question: I haven't played the game in some time (a couple months *before* quarantine began) so I'm out of date and practice, but looking to get back in. There's a local Boogeyman that I could use some help planning as I dust off my Arcanists: What's our best play into Leveticus, specifically in Public Enemies? Looking at the example crew below, what's the best way to either survive him our outkill him on the killiest scenario? I'm just drawing a blank here and need some help. Thanks!

Leveticus Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Leveticus
    -Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Hollow Waif
  Hollow Waif 2
Hires:
  Ashes and Dust
  Rusty Alyce
  Hodgepodge Emissary
  Pride
  Necropunk

Not likely to get many agreeing with me, but I like Raspy against him. Lots of options for not targeting df/wp, great healing, snowstorms aura is good to have to take the teeth off rusty. A miner to get soul stones to give Levi - on his damage flips!

More importantly my goal with Raspy is to just slow Levi down and block as much shooting and moving lanes as possible. I’ve honestly spent two turns throwing out upwards of 9 pillars just to slow the Levi train. Get slow on Rusty as much as you can. Just slow and pillar, aim to only score a point or two on strat, and hope for good schemes. And deny as much as you can with heals galore!

Ive also stopped ashes and dust by surrounding the core with pillars. Dust storm would take too long to reform at that point. Move move to the core, next turn break a pillar and move. December has some nice access to pushes, then new pillar again! Basically do everything you can to piss off the Levi player and win by a tiny margin. Don’t be aggressive, no Arcanist really wins that trade of being too aggressive against that crew.

Haven’t tried yet, but Marcus giving out stealth to 50mm based beasts and hiding for a turn or two would be good. While fast stuff flies around scheming, maybe take out a waif or two. Then when he gets close have Cojo charge and toss Levi away. That stealth and healing are strong against Levi. Will test it out when I get a chance!