2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - September

Caedrus

On 8/31/2020 at 2:16 PM, Gloomy said:

This sounds like it might be a nightmare keeping track of everything for the book keeper, but thats where the strictness come in.

We already discussed in the past about this pledge and we agreed it must be a way to stimulate painters to get their minis and scenics finished, as best as they like, ASAP.

Now, to make life easier for the pledge manager/keeper, what about leaving the pledgers the task of certificate their monthly succes or failure? In other world anyone, as a pledger, will present his/her pledge target within the first 5 days of a month and he/she will present the pictures prooving the succes when done or will post about the failure of his/her monthly pledge.

BTW, thank you @Gloomy for your decision to take it all over your shoulders.

• Like 1

Here's my working desk for this month: 

September-2020.jpg

Jack, Montressor and one Guilty are already done. 
I got the crew box from secondary market and paint job on those three already was good; just had to do some cleaning up and made new bases for the whole crew. So, I consider the whole work up to now about 10 Stones. 

I am not too fond of the "eerie glow" thing but it is okay for a first try. 

Next in line will be Lady Ligeia. Should be a nice model to paint... Hope to be able to show some updates later this week.

• Like 7

On 9/5/2020 at 12:18 AM, Diddick said:

even if you're not hosting you'll be still around, right?

On 9/7/2020 at 6:11 AM, Purple Mist said:

I have to thank you for your dedication to pledge managing in this year of so long and difficult times. I think it's a must to remark your creative and very original contributions as the Month Challenge that encouraged exhange of knowledge and expirience between all of us.

Caedrus, checking in!

Greetings, fellow painters. I hope that, wherever you are in the world, that you are safe, well and happy. In fact, here in Australia, it's RUOK ("Are you OK?") Day, where we encourage everyone to ask those around you if they are OK, in terms of their mental health. So, in that spirit, I hope all my fellow painters are OK!

My apologies, folks, it's been a crazy time for me of late. In fact, one of the reasons for this (if you'll forgive a personal anecdote) is that Caedrus is now Dr. Caedrus! Woo!

However, onto far more important things - painting!

This month, I had it in my mind to complete Arik Schöettmer. However, this guy is clearly turning into a multi-month challenge, as I'm doing quite a bit of sculpting modifications. Here's a preview!

image.thumb.png.0e4d48a551d70c11e6ec5169d8fd3eac.png

So, I decided to change my plan to something from here:

image.thumb.png.8ab7e0cd4947a8ac19cd036dc9d0706e.png

With Hans being my preference. However, life had other plans. I built Hans, I pinned his legs, I inserted him into a cork, and then the tiny grey figure flew out of the cork, onto the perfectly-matching grey floor of my garage, never to be seen again. Oh well, better order one from Wyrd and have a little weep as I look at the postage to Australia.

So, this month is looking like some (slightly modified) Engineers and a leftover Freikorpsman as my pledge.

Wish me luck!

Onto the topic of hosting the Challenge in 2020. I'm deliberately not going to comment (at least not yet) about different ideas for 2021, because I don't want to influence anyone who might want to give an opinion. I have an opinion, just not yet to be disclosed.

@Diddick: I'm not going anywhere 😁. I still have way too much to learn, and I'm having way too much fun here.

@Purple Mist: Your comment made my day ☺️. It's very much my pleasure to take part in this wonderful community.

@Gloomy: My sincere thanks for offering to run the Challenge. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Take care of yourselves, everyone, and keep putting pigment to plastic!

Caedrus.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Caedrus said:

Caedrus, checking in!

Greetings, fellow painters. I hope that, wherever you are in the world, that you are safe, well and happy. In fact, here in Australia, it's RUOK ("Are you OK?") Day, where we encourage everyone to ask those around you if they are OK, in terms of their mental health. So, in that spirit, I hope all my fellow painters are OK!

My apologies, folks, it's been a crazy time for me of late. In fact, one of the reasons for this (if you'll forgive a personal anecdote) is that Caedrus is now Dr. Caedrus! Woo!

However, onto far more important things - painting!

This month, I had it in my mind to complete Arik Schöettmer. However, this guy is clearly turning into a multi-month challenge, as I'm doing quite a bit of sculpting modifications. Here's a preview!

image.thumb.png.0e4d48a551d70c11e6ec5169d8fd3eac.png

So, I decided to change my plan to something from here:

image.thumb.png.8ab7e0cd4947a8ac19cd036dc9d0706e.png

With Hans being my preference. However, life had other plans. I built Hans, I pinned his legs, I inserted him into a cork, and then the tiny grey figure flew out of the cork, onto the perfectly-matching grey floor of my garage, never to be seen again. Oh well, better order one from Wyrd and have a little weep as I look at the postage to Australia.

So, this month is looking like some (slightly modified) Engineers and a leftover Freikorpsman as my pledge.

Wish me luck!

Onto the topic of hosting the Challenge in 2020. I'm deliberately not going to comment (at least not yet) about different ideas for 2021, because I don't want to influence anyone who might want to give an opinion. I have an opinion, just not yet to be disclosed.

@Diddick: I'm not going anywhere 😁. I still have way too much to learn, and I'm having way too much fun here.

@Purple Mist: Your comment made my day ☺️. It's very much my pleasure to take part in this wonderful community.

@Gloomy: My sincere thanks for offering to run the Challenge. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Take care of yourselves, everyone, and keep putting pigment to plastic!

Caedrus.

Nice conversion of Arik, he looks like some kind of Deathstroke. Keep it up man!

Ho boy.. I dropped the ball on this...

Turns out setting up and running a Kickstarter kinda... dominates one's existence...

I believe i've missed enough to be ut of this, but I'm hoping I can come back in October!

However, everyone's painting is still AMAZING! So I'm super happy to see everyone still knocking it out of the park! Keep rocking folks!

• Like 3

On 9/20/2020 at 1:31 AM, Harlekin said:

Aaand some more: 
September-2020-Hanged.jpg

Two Hanged and - finally - the innocent Chihuahua. (Another 2x8+1=17 Stones)
Wanted to finish those for the tournament, today - which worked. But the pool wasn't calling for a Tormented crew.

Like the work on skintones and shades. Best painted tormented crew I’ve seen.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, astapable said:

Like the work on skintones and shades. Best painted tormented crew I’ve seen.

Thanks a lot. I usually try to have the skin tones on the minions different to be able to call them "Green", "Blue", "Red" during the game. 

Same to you by the way: your minis look phantastic and your output/speed is very impressing. I wish I was such a fast painter while!

• Thanks 1

I also planned to paint m2e Nellie core box (primed), m2e jurist (primed) and Hoffman with his totem (assembled and waiting for bases ideas), but it seems that my schedule has changed a lot. So here’s the current progress on Nellie, Phiona and m2e jurist. I’ll try to finish this model by the end of September, but real life make some adjustments. So its possible to continue painting of those models next month.

P.S. Sorry for low quality photos. Made the on a hurry.

• Like 5

@astapable lovely skin on those reporters.

And good to see all of you getting minis painted.

__

I finally started working on this month's Wyrd piece. Built Paul Crockett for Thursday's small painting jam:

pic5673021.jpg

I've proxied him a few times and I reckon he's pretty neat in a Marcus crew. Definitely on the top of my "I want to field this" pile. Aiming for another 1-night paintjob. Skin and fur, should be fun.

Just barely over a week to go, hopefully everyone else is also getting on top of their painting goals this month:Burning:

• Like 3

I dared to start another model for September:
September-2020-Von-Schtook-WIP.jpg

There will be another tournament at the end of October and I plan to lead the Professor into battle. My schedule gets tighter but 10 models could be doable in almost two months if I manage to keep the routine... Thank you all for the motivational buff here by sharing your work and the likes!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Harlekin said:

I dared to start another model for September:
September-2020-Von-Schtook-WIP.jpg

There will be another tournament at the end of October and I plan to lead the Professor into battle. My schedule gets tighter but 10 models could be doable in almost two months if I manage to keep the routine... Thank you all for the motivational buff here by sharing your work and the likes!

Again really nice highlights and colors.

• Thanks 1