Second edition art

RiceP.

So, I don't know if it was answered somewhere already or not (i searched forum a little and didn't found anything), but why portraits from second edition are not an option in m3e app? I mean, there is art from m2e almost on everything, but for the models that got new sculpt its a big nope. I can choose all kinds of portraits, vintage, nightmare but when i want to field my ronins i have to guess/remember who is who because new art is completely different. Did wyrd gave any explanation to that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They did release m3e physical cards with m2e art, so they had it.  I assume it's partially a data issue, and partially a 'what is currently in release' issue.  As nightmares / vintages / etc are still 'sold' via sales / etc.

I won't even get into the maintenance headache of 6+ different versions of the same card when they do erratas.  Least with current the only cards that would have to be swapped are the current m3e box and a few limiteds.

That said, it does look funny for people like raspy who still have a ton of card options in the app, ha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:07 PM, RiceP. said:

It's even wierder with some models, like Graves and Tannen. App uses new art, with an option of selecting their alternative sculpts, but their  "default" models were never changed and you can still buy them.

I have a whole honeypot conspiracy theory going about cards / sculpts / etc, but nows not the time or place.

10 minutes ago, touchdown said:

The Viks are weird one too. In the app there's 6 versions. None of them match the 1e or 2e sculpts as far as I can tell and the 3rd and 4th art seems to be a mirror image of a not-yet-released sculpt

Well, that's, again, quite funny. Their 3rd and 4th images are art for the alternative models, i can almost see a pattern in all of this.

3701-alternate-viktorias-large.thumb.jpg.778a861d101477c2ba17049a489e2fba.jpg

jI’m pretty sure the app’s showing:

• M3E Viktorias (1 and 2)
  • M2E Viktorias (2 and 3)
  • The Easter Vicktorias (5 and 6)

I forget whether the PDFs/Print on Demand have the M1E artwork as an option.  
— 

Edit:  As far as the app goes, there start being space issues if they try to include every possible card.  But it’s not my circus to argue about whether they could have done the cards in a less space consuming format.

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

jI’m pretty sure the app’s showing:

• M3E Viktorias (1 and 2)
  • M2E Viktorias (2 and 3)
  • The Easter Vicktorias (5 and 6)

Nope, its M3E Viks, easter and alt. M1E art, pretty wierd selection, right? I mean, first two are logical, but art for alt m1e models? Come on, how many players even has those, let alone actually using them at tabletop.

10 minutes ago, muraki said:

Well they did cards for all the m1e alt stuff as part of the initial roll out, so makes sense.  Same reason you can see the pandora with the open box + swirling spirits or the sonnia where she's shooting fire. 

What doesn't make sense to me is that they've had put out cards with art for older models, but  not for the newer ones.

I'm just glad there's an amazing free app with cards + game creation + etc.  Beats the pants off of 2nd edition where I had to pay and was still using crewfaux for match generation.

Went back into the m2e app a few times this week to see how models 'used to be' and man, it doesn't hold a candle to the ease / speed of the current m3e app.  A few missing cards is more than worth it in my mind :)

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, RiceP. said:

Nope, its M3E Viks, easter and alt. M1E art, pretty wierd selection, right? I mean, first two are logical, but art for alt m1e models? Come on, how many players even has those, let alone actually using them at tabletop.

I must admit that since I own a large amount of the metal range I gave up expecting the models on the table looking like the cards in M2e, so I don't really care anymore if the card art is representative of my model. ( I think I own 4 different Rasputina sculpts, 6 different Viks sculpts, 4 different Kaeris sculpts and 6 different Colette sculpts, just as an example, not to mention 9 different Ice gamin and 3 different Ice golems.  And that's not all the available ones for them.

9 hours ago, RiceP. said:

Nobody saying that app is bad, it's amazing, actually, it's the reason i can play malifaux without printing out a ton of paper now , what i'm trying to  bring up here is a more of a QoL department. 

Unless the doubling/tripling of the art was in a separate optional upload, I think that the space on my phone is currently such that if I had to add them the phone wouldn't be able to run the app any more. If I could lower the file size by reducing the art options at the moment I would, because that would improve my quality of life.

I'm probably a small minority, those that use mainly old sculpts and have an old phone, but I just wanted to point out that its not always the case that more =better.