Cooper
Runaways x3
Malisaurus Rex
Artemis
Ullr
Hopeful Prospect
Crypsis Corps

This gives you 17 stones to work with

I think I'll probably swap the Rex for Model 9. They're probably both pretty good at the job you want them to do, but I imagine my opponent using Malisaurus against me to break LOS to Cooper. 

• Agree 1

Predatory Instinct: Once per Activation. After targeting an enemy model with an Attack Action, this model may suffer a - to that Action to receive a + to its damage flip (or vice versa).

Can you use this to get a + to an attack that doesn't have a damage flip? Or do both the + and - need to apply in order for it to go off?

10 minutes ago, NoisyAssassin said:

Can you use this to get a + to an attack that doesn't have a damage flip? Or do both the + and - need to apply in order for it to go off?

Yes! For example, the Rex can use Predatory Instinct for a + to Lashing Tendrils though there is no damage flip on it. (The Devs confirmed this in the GenCon Apex game)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

Thinking about these for the Apex keyword, to go with Cooper's base:

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ma019-1.html

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ma019-2.html

Those could work well! Especially since all the models are 30mm with one 50mm.

I ordered similar sets for my Wastrel crew (three 50mm bases) and so I am having to get a bit creative with the bases xD

EDIT: although I think you have fourteen 30mm bases in the crew, so have to decide if you're ordering two sets or shaving 4 bases somewhere. I'm going to be chopping up the spare 40mm bases to make some custom ones of my own.

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

Is it worth it to turn a Hopeful Prospect into an additional Runaway after one of the original die/Escape?

99% of the time? No, definitely not.

But in theory could there be a situation where it is worth it to get a kill with the Prospect followed by Runaway bonus Action so Cooper kills the Runaway, netting you a SS and scheme marker? Yea it's possible, probably on Turn 5 with very few models left on the board. Maybe your opponent is going to score Assassinate next activation and you really need the Stone, or maybe you really need that Scheme Marker, etc

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting addition to an Apex crew might be a Rough Rider if you don't have much concealing terrain around. The ability to kick up dust puts out a terrain marker with concealing (unlike the trap marker from the Vatagi). If you have a Crypsis Corps positioned near Lord Copper they are now both protected by concealing without suffering it themselves (assuming you're off to the side of the dust marker). Certainly matchup dependent, but could be nice in some situations. 

I also just noticed that Lord Copper isn't living. Interesting. 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:23 PM, Whut said:

Cooper's Core Crew IMO is

Cooper
Runaways x3
Malisaurus Rex
Artemis
Ullr
Hopeful Prospect
Crypsis Corps

This gives you 17 stones to work with

Why do you consider Artemis as part of the core? It looks like an anti-scheming model for me, which is situational.

My core crew is:

Leader:
  Lord Cooper
Totem(s):
  Runaway
  Runaway 2
  Runaway 3
Hires:
  Model 9
  Ullr
  Hopeful Prospect
  Intrepid Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

25ss for hiring and Pool. In my last game i changed effigy for Tannenbaum (thats around 19SS for hiring + 5SS pool) and you get better hand for you and worst hand for your rival.

21 hours ago, Trample said:

I also just noticed that Lord Copper isn't living. Interesting.

3 hours ago, Fluffaluffacus said:

Huh....thats...hmm...I can't imagine that was meant to be so.

If you read his story in the book, you'll know it is definitely on purpose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

If you read his story in the book, you'll know it is definitely on purpose. 

Also in the game that third floor wars streamed, where I believe Matt & Kyle where commenting, they said it was on purpose.
They wanted a master that was pure construct, and played around several stuff until settling for the "rebuilt" man that is Cooper now.

Also, cue in Obi-wan Kenobi :
QKU8tR.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2021 at 3:23 AM, Sagrit said:

Why do you consider Artemis as part of the core? It looks like an anti-scheming model for me, which is situational.

I would probably put Artemis in with the Rex pretty regularly to move him up the board quickly with her roar. Outside of Rex her main use for me would probably be in ley lines and her unimpeded 18" move! 

How often your Hopeful Prospect turns into Apex Minion? I played just 3 games with Apex but so far the most useful things he did was condition removal and card cycle. Hes Good Show! aura is good for sure, but it still limits my positioning. Blissful Ignorance might be a trap, so usualy i'm forced to activate Prospect early to discard some low cards.

So whats your experience with this model in Apex keyword?

4 hours ago, Sagrit said:

How often your Hopeful Prospect turns into Apex Minion? I played just 3 games with Apex but so far the most useful things he did was condition removal and card cycle. Hes Good Show! aura is good for sure, but it still limits my positioning. Blissful Ignorance might be a trap, so usualy i'm forced to activate Prospect early to discard some low cards.

So whats your experience with this model in Apex keyword?

I've played 2 games with Prospect & Cooper. First game Whisky Golem killed on T2. Next game vs Colette he killed Soulstone Miner (1 or 2 wound left) to become an Harpooner.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 4:23 AM, Sagrit said:

Nimble, Walk 6, Unimpeded is already a quick model, and he provides a jump platform for Ullr for the flanks - Cooper (stuck in the center/back shooting) or Rex (fighting) isn't enough. The pair of them can accomplish things like Authority, Take Prisoner, Spread them Out, etc or gang up on squishier scheme runners.

Secondly, Intimidating Roar is good for keeping enemies away from your gunline, pushing them into Crypsis Corps overwatch lines, and pushing your expensive models into better positions early on in the game so they can use their AP on attacks (Mostly Cooper and Rex)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1