searching for top players

Plaag

hello everyone, i have seen battle reports and read some topics on forum, they performed well, but played bad, so im searching for top players of all factions of non-russian community; i challenge you, come and play with me) if you dare)

please write here or pm, better discord

my discord Plaag#9539

also if u want to play with russian community join discord chat

https://discord.gg/C2Fcqcb

• Like 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

3 hours ago, katadder said:

Not a top player but willing to give it a go at some point as always good to play good players. Its how we improve

i can play often in evenings 18-19 00 moscow timezone, or find some spare time in weekends, just write when u can

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S4lt said:

Also not a top player but a lot of respect for this post. 

Would be good to get a game sometime after Dmitriy kicks my ass on Sunday. 

can play often in evenings 18-19 00 moscow timezone, or find some spare time in weekends, just write when u can

• Like 1

I am kind of the top tier player in local. But my meta is a small (with only ~10 players) and isolated with the main meta of US/UK/etc. So I as well would like to play with top players to see how far my skill can take me.

I am free on Sat and Sun (GMT+9) all day long.

5 hours ago, Rufess said:

I am kind of the top tier player in local. But my meta is a small (with only ~10 players) and isolated with the main meta of US/UK/etc. So I as well would like to play with top players to see how far my skill can take me.

add me in discord, i think we can play saturday 8:30 my time and 14:30 your, wright?

On 8/21/2020 at 2:29 AM, Rufess said:

well played; kaeris vs sommer 3:3

• 4 weeks later...

I have taken Plaag up on his challenge!

In one corner, we have Plaag: one of the top players in the world cup by all accounts.

In the other corner we have me: a guy who plays in a meta of like 8 people most of the time.

The game has arisen because he believes my faction to be the worst faction in the game, and my master (Molly) to be a weak master. We shall put that to the test! Of course, my poor experience is hardly a match for his experience...

But Plaag has given me a massive advantage: I get to choose the setup.

So if I lose, I have no one to blame but myself (or my faction/master).

Here's the setup I chose:

• Board: Floodlands on vassal
  • Recover Evidence on Standard Deployment
    • Assassinate
    • Claim Jump
    • Hidden Martyrs
    • Leave Your Mark
    • Runic Binding

My list:

• Molly & Machine
  • Kirai + The Whisper
  • Dead Rider
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan

Plaag's list:

• Colette & Doves
  • Arcane Emissary w/ Soulstone cache
  • Mechanical Rider w/ Soulstone cache
  • Coryphee
  • Coryphee
  • Silent one w/ magical training

I have long claimed double masters are really powerful because of specific combos like Molly and Kirai, so might as well put all my theories to the test at once.

My reasoning:

I have a grand total of two games against arcanists that are not Kaeris/Rasputina. I thought he was going to take Colette, but was not certain. Whatever he picked, I'm going up against something I'm not familiar with.

So what I wanted to do was reduce uncertainty with everything else. If I'm going up against a crew that is going to repeatedly surprise me, I want it in a scheme pool where I can predict the flow of the game. So this combination of schemes and strategies gives me a pretty predictable game flow - I know where his models need to be to score points. I wanted to make it difficult on both sides to score points, making it easier to control what is going on a bit.

Molly is solid on corner deployment, as it gives me time to setup and control the game (which is also aided by my picking the scheme pool). However, I was worried he'd pick someone like Sandeep and force me to be the aggressor on corner deployment. So I picked Standard deployment so I can be the aggressor if need be, or I can play more defensively if he is aggressive.

And so we arrived at these lists, and I feel like I have a solid range of options for scoring and denial. Of course, I may be underestimating Colette's capabilities, but we'll see!

Finally, I picked Floodlands as I knew his big base models might struggle with it (other than his rider). Meanwhile I have lots of models that can ignore or cheat the terrain.

We'll play on the 27th. Should be good fun!

EDIT: Other factors is he said Ressers are bad due to a lack of Don't Mind Me, so I wanted a pool where that is useful but I could work around it. He was also sceptical of our irreducible damage, so I took the entire faction's irreducible damage xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I have taken Plaag up on his challenge!

In one corner, we have Plaag: one of the top players in the world cup by all accounts.

In the other corner we have me: a guy who plays in a meta of like 8 people most of the time.

The game has arisen because he believes my faction to be the worst faction in the game, and my master (Molly) to be a weak master. We shall put that to the test! Of course, my poor experience is hardly a match for his experience...

But Plaag has given me a massive advantage: I get to choose the setup.

So if I lose, I have no one to blame but myself (or my faction/master).

Here's the setup I chose:

• Board: Floodlands on vassal
  • Recover Evidence on Standard Deployment
    • Assassinate
    • Claim Jump
    • Hidden Martyrs
    • Leave Your Mark
    • Runic Binding

My list:

• Molly & Machine
  • Kirai + The Whisper
  • Dead Rider
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan

Plaag's list:

• Colette & Doves
  • Arcane Emissary w/ Soulstone cache
  • Mechanical Rider w/ Soulstone cache
  • Coryphee
  • Coryphee
  • Silent one w/ magical training

I have long claimed double masters are really powerful because of specific combos like Molly and Kirai, so might as well put all my theories to the test at once.

My reasoning:

I have a grand total of two games against arcanists that are not Kaeris/Rasputina. I thought he was going to take Colette, but was not certain. Whatever he picked, I'm going up against something I'm not familiar with.

So what I wanted to do was reduce uncertainty with everything else. If I'm going up against a crew that is going to repeatedly surprise me, I want it in a scheme pool where I can predict the flow of the game. So this combination of schemes and strategies gives me a pretty predictable game flow - I know where his models need to be to score points. I wanted to make it difficult on both sides to score points, making it easier to control what is going on a bit.

Molly is solid on corner deployment, as it gives me time to setup and control the game (which is also aided by my picking the scheme pool). However, I was worried he'd pick someone like Sandeep and force me to be the aggressor on corner deployment. So I picked Standard deployment so I can be the aggressor if need be, or I can play more defensively if he is aggressive.

And so we arrived at these lists, and I feel like I have a solid range of options for scoring and denial. Of course, I may be underestimating Colette's capabilities, but we'll see!

Finally, I picked Floodlands as I knew his big base models might struggle with it (other than his rider). Meanwhile I have lots of models that can ignore or cheat the terrain.

We'll play on the 27th. Should be good fun!

EDIT: Other factors is he said Ressers are bad due to a lack of Don't Mind Me, so I wanted a pool where that is useful but I could work around it. He was also sceptical of our irreducible damage, so I took the entire faction's irreducible damage xD

waiting for our game))

my meta includes 2 people: me and my friend, top resser of russia))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

My list:

• Molly & Machine
  • Kirai + The Whisper
  • Dead Rider
  • Archie
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan

I always think that if you're going to bring Kirai, you should bring Von Schtook as your main master, for the simple reason that thanks to VS, you'll be summoning models with Kirai with Fast instead of with Slow, which is a huge advantage. Also, between The Whisper on Kirai and some Studied Opponent, you will be fine with cards.

Let's see how it goes anyway :P

14 hours ago, ShinChan said:

I always think that if you're going to bring Kirai, you should bring Von Schtook as your main master, for the simple reason that thanks to VS, you'll be summoning models with Kirai with Fast instead of with Slow, which is a huge advantage. Also, between The Whisper on Kirai and some Studied Opponent, you will be fine with cards.

Let's see how it goes anyway :P

I've never played Von Schtook in my life, so wasn't sure I could master him that quickly xD