Tweaking

Mycellanious

Jumping into the discussion a bit late. I've only played Malifaux for about 1 year now, and have a very limited Meta that might skew how I view things.  

I can't speak for specific keywords when it comes to over powered, as I've only had enough games to get a good feel for Rasputina, Marcus and Kaeris. (I also own Ironsides, Colette and Ramos, but have only had 1-2 games with each) 

But as for a keyword I feel could need a boost, I agree that December needs it the most. Like most people say, the lack of card draw and the resource strain seems to cause more issues for Raspi than it does for her opponents. Another thing is the "Grim feast" as the only bonus action on a crew where a lot of models simply don't want to be anywhere near where corpses land, as they'd rather ping in shots from afar. 

Compared to most other keywords, I find the bonus actions lacking. 

Marcus has been one of my strongest masters for quite some time as we've been learning the ropes, and even though I've seen a lot of negative feedback against him I find him very adaptable, If not necessarily by the list chosen, but by the simple speed and mobility of the crew.  Changing tactics mid fight is quite easily done with leaps and high movement, whilst for example, a raspy list feels more "locked in" where your models have to stay in the zone they've committed to. 

Kaeris wins points in the same aspect as Marcus with high mobility. Decent damage output and access to advantage on flips. It might be to our Meta being a relatively new one, but mobility and movement shenanigans seem to hold the top tier master spots for most of our players. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Adran said:

Yes. I was assuming since you were tied to the location of Mei and sparks with Toni already it's not something that is going to be sprung unexpectedly, so the static pit trap is not such an issue. +2 damage and +2 injured from each action for 3 actions is something I'd happily give up 1 ss for. 

I would certainly consider hiring it to have the threat to do it, even if I don't expect to do so during most games. 

another reason not to drop pit trap by miner-your crew dont ignore them, so u your model can be put in it)

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Ogid said:

Sorry for off-topic, I'll answer one more due for allusions:

lol, so you are that plaag! Then more reason to not say it in such a way. People will listen more to good players, there is no need to be that blunt! I'm sure a lot of players are interested in your reasoning about those models and crews (hell, I were even before knowing you are that plaag). Also you were very polite with your oponent, at least in the game I saw (Titania one), I really recomend you to keep it up in the forum!

And of course I want to play! I've not played a game in a month, but as said in the last post we talked about this, I just can't right now.

u need to think abt your opponent that he is smarter than you and with more exp, playing very careful and try to do your best every time; and u need to respect opponent, but forum is not such a place as a battle, and people here sometimes says blablabla)) and im already tired of proving my point of view in russian chats, so sorry abt my straight words

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

u need to think abt your opponent that he is smarter than you and with more exp, playing very careful and try to do your best every time; and u need to respect opponent, but forum is not such a place as a battle, and people here sometimes says blablabla)) and im already tired of proving my point of view in russian chats, so sorry abt my straight words

I just think explaining your points better rather than just saying "so and so model is bad because I said so" would be of more benefit 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Plaag said:

No worries, I personally don't mind it that much; but checking the reaction to some of your post I can tell not everyone is in the same boat. Also sorry If I'm lecturing you too much, I'm just trying to help.

I like that way to treat oponents, in fact I'm exactly like that. However people outside of a game also deserve a simmilar respect and it's also in your best interest (some people might even reject your points for your manners; that's how our brain works!); it's true not everyone is going to be a top player and argue back and forth may be tiresome sometimes, but there are ways to get around it.

For example, just open one or more threads in this subforum, identify yourself as an experienced player because X and X and give your opinion about the top masters, best model combinations/crews and general misconceptions about good/bad model in the faction in competitive play and make clear you are interested in talking only about that. Again, some people may disagree with some of your points (and maybe also some of these can give good arguments!); but that's good imo, run from a place where everyone has the same opinion. Anyway, if you stablish the "rules" of the discusion making it a thread about competitive play, you may have fruitful discusion and most players will respect those rules and will apretiate the insight of an experienced player. However in a random thread that is going to be significantly harder.