Tutorial/Instruction Manual?

ezramantis

8 minutes ago, ezramantis said:

I did some searching and googling but was unable to come up with an "instruction manual" for this app. Did I miss it? Does it exist? Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe even pin it on his forum or link to it on the wyrd page.

There isn't really an instruction manual but on the whole the app is very straightforward to use.  Is there anything in particular you're struggling with?

I'm to understand that a game can be created and shared with an opponent online via forum accounts. I'm sure it could be figured out but as my opponent is literally on the other side of the world and we have limited and sporadic windows to play, I don't want to waste valuable play time mucking about with the app. Thought it would be nice to read/watch a walkthrough. I've run into problems sharing QR codes in person before and been left to manually input crews. So, yeah, don't want a repeat of that.

It's actually pretty easy to share a game with someone else. 

1. In the app, you would go to Games > + New > decide on your setup
  2. After that's done, hit Create Game > Network
  3. This will display the game info and you hit the 'generate match code' button and tell your buddy the match code and you should be all set to go.

While there is log in functionality in the app, it's not connected to the forum access.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:31 AM, ezramantis said:

Also, if I'm not signing into the forums, what am i signing into?

The app uses app-specific permissions, and doesn't grant the app access to any data for your other apps or accounts. You can either authenticate with Google if you have an account you'd like to use (it only gives the app access to your email address to log you in.

If you don't want to use your google account, you can register with your email address and a password of your choosing. Again, it doesn't use this for anything other than to store your crews and app preferences to the cloud, so that if you log in with another device or uninstall/reinstall, it'll retain all your stuff.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, ezramantis said:

Did as you said: 20 min later I'm still waiting for it to...load? I got a code/link by accessing to bame in the setup menu.

For the network game you created, it will only show a "Waiting..." message until you generate the little sharing code and send it to another player. When they go to join the game from the Games screen (by pressing the + icon and then "Join", and typing in the code you sent), it will update both of your devices and keep you together in the faction/leader/crew/scheme selection process.