Welcome to the party pall: 100+ Poison Turn 1

CustardBomb

Hey all! I recently started an experiment which I shared over on FB and thought you all might appreciate here. 

As the title suggests, I was trying to get as much Poison on my own Brewmaster Crew turn one. I have taken Brewy to multiple events with great success and definitely do not recommend this in an actual competitive game. But as an experiment and challenge I thought it was a lot of fun! 

578087382_PoisonExperiment.thumb.jpg.de53a61b1af89373a37c5f2259e2bbd9.jpg

I am keen to see if anyone can come up with a way to improve this number or an alternate method! :)

Let me know what you all think! What other excessive stratagys or funny meme strats can you all come up with (Like the 21 Inch Threat Range 3 Attacks Focus 3 Whiskey Golem) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I do something similar, but I focus on giving the Gamin & Brewmaster most of the poison, and I activate the Gamin last, that way I get about an 11" push on the two of them turn 1; the Monks need a good chunk, but the rest of the crew does not need that much poison to play the rest of the game.

Good number crunching, though!

What makes this worse is Experimental can out self poison generate Tri-Chi.  Try your numbers there, see how it runs.

• Like 1

I mostly stack poison in Brewie and Fingers. 3 Poison in the Whiskey Golem, so I can charge him with Fingers and get an extra action.

My struggle is to keep enough poison in Fingers to draw 2 cards/turn in order to hit the high TNs that the crew has. I wish someone in the crew had a way to transfer poison between models :(

Does anyone use Riddles in the Dark from Brewie? I used it a couple of times, but I feel like he could have something more useful. Giving Distracted up to +2 when the card difference in hand is 3 or more between players is overly situational.

I play Brewmaster more utility, so when I'm using Moon Shinobi, I'll use Riddles In The Dark on them on the second turn to give them 2 "focus" before they go out and do their thing.

Except for Cooper & Tanuki, what high TNs are you struggling with? 

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I play Brewmaster more utility, so when I'm using Moon Shinobi, I'll use Riddles In The Dark on them on the second turn to give them 2 "focus" before they go out and do their thing.

Except for Cooper & Tanuki, what high TNs are you struggling with? 

Apprentice Wesley. Also the crew really rely a lot on triggers to work properly (and most of them are :crow ) which makes me "waste" high crows in hand in order to get the proper suit. This crew fights more for :crow between them that any of my Ressers lol 

My approach is more Brewie + Whiskey Golem as beaters while the others play support roles or get me points from scheme/strats. Moon Shinobis are okeish, I tried them a couple of times, but now I prefer to bring the monks, they always do more in my games.

Oh yeah, FRM are the way to go... except when facing Ressers & Neverborn, who have a lot of Hard To Wound.  That's when I find Drunken Kung Fu solves that problem best.

I guess I'm not having that problem with triggers.  I mostly try to get all the :crowturn 1 for Shower of Booze, then I start hoarding :ramfor the Monks the rest of the game.

Ah well, different strokes.

32 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Oh yeah, FRM are the way to go... except when facing Ressers & Neverborn, who have a lot of Hard To Wound.  That's when I find Drunken Kung Fu solves that problem best.

I guess I'm not having that problem with triggers.  I mostly try to get all the :crowturn 1 for Shower of Booze, then I start hoarding :ramfor the Monks the rest of the game.

Ah well, different strokes.

My turn 1 set up requires five 7s and at between 3 and 5 :crow cards to get the party started. Turn 1 maybe I can afford it, as longs as I'm not facing a shooty crew, someone with an insane range like Zoraida or an alpha strike crew like LJ or Von Schtook. The problem is to keep up with the game and not fuel out in turn 3.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, CustardBomb said:

Hi! I managed to track down the diagram for you! Not sure why it was removed!

FB_IMG_1609554588305.jpg

Actually the :mask required for the lure with "A Small Favor" is only a 4, due to the "Closing Time" ability, which gives you +2 to the stat if Fingers already has Poison +2.

Removing the Moon Shinobi and a FRM or WG (5 or 6ss pool as a result) for the Whiskey Golem, and this list could actually work. I have to tinker with it a bit, since I prefer to load Fingers with more booze for the card draw.

3 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Removing the Moon Shinobi and a FRM or WG (5 or 6ss pool as a result) for the Whiskey Golem, and this list could actually work. 

Yeah. I think you could get it to work with a little more mobility in the first turn, like having  FRM move up and charge each other. 

A few quick things - Its easier for the brewmaster to lure them, and can then also use his Trigger to give them an extra action. Fingers can also get a small favour tigger for the extra action, and cooper can summon Gamin. 

Its not huge compared to some crews, but since poison naturally reduces through the game, if you want that last turn Small favour on a model, it can have been easier to get the model highly poisoned early on so it still has enough. 

The only models in your own crew who want HUGE poison counts are Whiskey Gamin3 (For Speed) Drunken River Monks (For damage reduction and the occasional Ram) and Brewy since he can stone for the Ram and can reliably cheat thanks to his obscene stats agaist poisoned enemies to get a Ram. 

Everybody else commonly only wants poison 3 or so in order to be lurable. Remember that using yiur trust flask will let you maintain your poison level over the course of a turn. But never realy help you gain any unless your using it strait away

Should also note that it is possible that the 100 poison combo might be a fun thing, rather than a good thing.

Dr McMourning (with a crew that can have tangible benefits from 100 poison) can stack poison that high on a model, but it isn't actually a useful thing to do compared to almost anything else you could spend your time doing.

But it is a fun achievement, and fun to just figure out what you could do if you wanted to.

Another example is the Nightmare crew can reduce their deck to just a red joker and a black joker. In practice, it isn't worth doing, but it is funny that they can do it.

19 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Another example is the Nightmare crew can reduce their deck to just a red joker and a black joker. In practice, it isn't worth doing, but it is funny that they can do it.

What is wrong with flipping 100% Red Jokers? (until the opponent makes you discard a card)

55 minutes ago, Harlekin said:

What is wrong with flipping 100% Red Jokers? (until the opponent makes you discard a card)

Other than the rules don't really cover what to do when you don't have enough cards for a flip, nothing. (Its been sort of possible in every edition, but I think Sommer was normally the culprit, and he got there by drawing the whole deck into his hand, which won't work anymore). 

• Like 1