Let's ramble about Mama Z

Math Mathonwy

• 1 month later...

McTavish.

McTavish has a gun but it doesn't make him worth his points. Still, if you can give him Focus it's a fine gun.

McTavish has a massive melee attack but his durability leaves something to be desired. He is somewhat surprisingly mobile, though, which helps.

Toss in the Mud is a good Action no doubt but using Henchman AP for it is always a bit of a bummer. Kinda wish it had a juicy Trigger or two. Still, certainly a thing.

Finally, Gator Snack and Swampscreen provide all sorts of utility but nothing earth shattering. All in all McTavish feels a bit "too fair", in a sense (unless you can pump him full of Focus somehow).

What do you think of the ol' alligator wrangler? Do you take him often and into what sorts of situations?

• Agree 1

Seems like McTavish doesn't generate much in the way of discussion :P

I dunno how much there is to really say about him as he is quite "what you see it what you get" type of model.

But let's move on - Gautraeux Bokor!

Now that's a quality model if I ever saw one. Maybe the most hired OOK model in the whole faction, I think.

Are there situations where you don't hire one for Zoraida? Do you ever take more than one?

The heal is naturally amazing and it's probably the most used Action for the model but do you do other things with them? Obey is of course powerful and a Zoraida crew will have prime targets for Obeys (duh!) but needing the Mask is naturally a bit of a bummer (though of course Glowy helps).

Worth noting that having prime targets for obeys often means having prime targets for heals as well.

How do you damage the Bokor? Voodoo Doll? Anyone else? Do you make much use of Shielded? Anything else?

26 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Are there situations where you don't hire one for Zoraida? Do you ever take more than one?

The only reason not to take a Bokor is playing against Tara. Zoraida doesn't like enemy beaters next to her.

I usually take only one Bokor. Two can be useful if you hire Juju and want to keep him alive, but it's not my way.

29 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

How do you damage the Bokor? Voodoo Doll? Anyone else? Do you make much use of Shielded? Anything else?

Voodoo doll is just perfect - up to 4 attacks gives Bokor all glowy he needs. Shielded should be use carefully, because shielded on Voodoo doll means 2 less damage to the model with Wanga Mojo Curse.

I'd like to add that Bokor can deal some damage to enemy beaters that come close to Zoraida and it's a big surprise to the opponent most of time. Stat 5 is not very high, but after a couple of Hexes with injured from Zoraida chances to hit become good. In one of my games I managed to finish McCabe and Sidir this way.

• Like 1