Is Pine Box the bane of Bayou?

Regelridderen

The Wp check to consistently escape has made burying useless, unfortunately. I wasn’t even inconvenienced when my Zipp got stuffed in a box to remove his auras from the area. Not unless you all are draining opponents’ hands more often than I have any confidence in doing as Guild, and assuming it isn’t a scheme pool where bayou two-card has been invited.

4 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

The Wp check to consistently escape has made burying useless, unfortunately. I wasn’t even inconvenienced when my Zipp got stuffed in a box to remove his auras from the area. Not unless you all are draining opponents’ hands more often than I have any confidence in doing as Guild, and assuming it isn’t a scheme pool where bayou two-card has been invited.

I think if the escape was TN 14-15 or they would have some way of terrain mitigation or at least 1" they would be usable

The 0" hurts them as much as it hurts investigators and reid 😕

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, trikk said:

Don't lie. Papa Box was a thing :D!

Duncan ruined that for us in like 2016 or so.   The offensive uses of pine box were basically always bad due to durability problems (which have gotten worse) and they got rid of all the interesting tactical uses.)

(Insert rant about papa loco also losing all the interesting things about him)

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I love how they looked at pine box, and how it wasn't being used at all competitivel last edition, and were like "what if this was much worse and more prevalent".

It is one of the few ways a model can be forced to miss an activation this edition. So whilst it is worse when directly compared to its old rules, it's relative power level is towards the top end of 'control'. 

That said I really disliked the most common use of it was to bury your friends, so I am glad that went after 2 editions of taxi. 

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I've seen may help with the Pine Box is comboing everything to bury (DMR, Jury, Death Marshal, Emissary and even Agent 46 to go with Stat 6 vs Size). Still, it feels totally underpowered not only -as stated above- because of the relative ease of just getting out of the box but also because the action doesn't even do that much when compared to other, safer, more reliable attack actions that directly destroy your opponent. 

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...