Syndicate.... Mr Worldwide...

Jesy Blue

How big is the Syndicate?  How many pies does it have it's fingers in?  What is it's scope?

With the announcement of the Outcast starter box as being all Syndicate keyword, there is a pretty fair chance they might have an operative in every faction.  The word itself indicates many controlling interests.

So, what kinds of model can you see the Syndicate placing in other factions?

(I'm sticking with my theory that the unannounced Nephilim Henchman for Nekima is a traitorous Syndicate Half-Blood)

33 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

unannounced Nephilim Henchman for Nekima

????? Care to elaborate?

The syndicate is actually just a bunch of basement dwelling trolls haunting the aether vox... pay no attention to them... (if you know what's good for you!)

I actually reckon they're a conglomorate of businesses seeking more power for themselves. Basing this of Winston (of Winston's Dirigibles)  and the surveyor models both having the syndicate keyword and looking very business-y in their suits.

7 hours ago, Da Git said:

????? Care to elaborate?

I have this SUPER CRAZY conspiracy theory about the Nephilim core box, as it has not even been announced yet.  In 2nd edition, the henchmen were Nekima and Barbaros; in 3rd, Barbaros has run away to Outcasts and Nekima is the master, leaving no Henchmen in the box, which is unprecedented in any crew box (Hayridden is boxes with the Black Blood Shaman)

So, as Nekima was an antagonistic henchman to Lilith last edition (she had an ability where if she killed Lilith during the game, she became the master), so I thought if there was a new traitorous henchmen to fill that role, may be it would be someone from outside. 

Hence my theory of a Explorer's Society Henchmen with a Nephilim keyword that Nekima mistakenly brings in who can hire but is just looking to backstab Nekima at any moment to strengthen the Society's hold in Malifaux.

Wild Speculations Over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

I have this SUPER CRAZY conspiracy theory about the Nephilim core box, as it has not even been announced yet.  In 2nd edition, the henchmen were Nekima and Barbaros; in 3rd, Barbaros has run away to Outcasts and Nekima is the master, leaving no Henchmen in the box, which is unprecedented in any crew box. 

Isn't it just very rare. Viks don't have a henchmen, although I think they might be the only one at the moment if arik is in the core vonschill box now. 

29 minutes ago, Adran said:

Isn't it just very rare. Viks don't have a henchmen, although I think they might be the only one at the moment if arik is in the core vonschill box now. 

Oh yeah... Taelor was in both previous boxes, and one Vik used to be a Henchmen, too.  End of an era, I guess.  And well, the set up with 2 masters is bizarre anyway, so it's understandable for Mercenary.

For Ressers, Dr McMourning seems like a good in. He would totally work with organised crimes to further his experiments (I assume).

Ideally he would have some link to Asylum instead (assuming that's a thing). Although he already contributes nurses.

Tormented is another possibility for crime links, as is Seamus (assuming there was like blackmail involved).

Molly and Kirai are not going to put up with anyone controlling them, but Kirai could be... Influenced... With the right angle.

NB: I don't know the story that well, just superficial impressions.

10 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One issue - aren't the nephilim real racist and dislike half-bloods? Even if one betrayed the syndicate, why would the nephilim accept them?

Lilith hated Half-Bloods.... Nekima will take any port in a storm.

How would one even join Tormented?  Set up a desk at the Hanging Tree, fill out an application and wait for Jack Daw to confirm your references?

• Haha 1

Just now, Jesy Blue said:

Lilith hated Half-Bloods.... Nekima will take any port in a storm.

How would one even join Tormented?  Set up a desk at the Hanging Tree, fill out an application and wait for Jack Daw to confirm your references?

I assume it'd be something like the Syndicate uncovering a weakness of Jack Daw before his death (something he cares about, perhaps a loved one), and they are holding it over his head to coerce some cooperation.

5 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Joining the tormented is easy you just need to use *REDACTED* from the explorers society along with the cool combination of the new *REDACTED* for *REDACTED* and then combine them with *REDACTED* and there is your solution.

Although if that doesn't torment you enough, then you could look back at 2nd edition, where it was very common to make other models Tormented by the use of the Guilty.

(and from a story point of view, I would expect you either try and find a tormented model you can "blackmail", or you get a loyal operative, and work on trying to make them into a tormented, looking at the guilty and the Dead outlaws and the drowned as ways to join Jack Daws forces. Can you tell I recently re-read Puzzle box from twisted fates, where a group manage to "infiltrate" the guild by getting one of their own turned into a witchling stalker...)

• Like 1