Outcasts Starter Box

touchdown

Both the Freikorps and Mercenary Keywords have a lot of Discard effects and not necessarily much in the way of Draw, so I can see Yannic being a big boon to both. Discard a card for a Scheme Marker effects like Parker's Draw Their Attention also get a boost, since they turn from a transaction (Pay X for Y) to gift (Draw a card, status quo otherwise remains largely unchanged) provided a marker is already in position. 

There are a lot of interesting possibilities more generally with this lot, it's going to be fun teasing them out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, touchdown said:

A Freikorps Engineer can tools for the job, then first action drop a scheme marker, bonus strengthen armor (discarding the marker) to draw 2 cards, and then still take a shot or charge something. If you discarded a tome for Tools, it could be a focused attack too.

Wowza. Outcast card draw just got so much stronger xD

She is pretty squishy, though, so imagine it can be answered.  Good power for your first few turns though.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, touchdown said:

Think there's viable Yannic leader lists?

I still need some fine tuning, but Yannic, Emissary, Surveyors, and all the impassable terrain!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, malyzubor said:

Don't know if I would be able to fit Yannic into Daw, but their synergy (undying, injustice and ingenuity) seems to be quite interesting. But I doubt anyone would attack daw if Yannic is around. 🙂

Would Undying work?

It says you may discard a card, so that definitely works with Yannick. However the next line says "If you do so,..." That makes it seem like it wouldn't work for changing the damage because you didn't discard a card, you did something else. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Would Undying work?

It says you may discard a card, so that definitely works with Yannick. However the next line says "If you do so,..." That makes it seem like it wouldn't work for changing the damage because you didn't discard a card, you did something else. 

And how does Execute work? If you use Ingenuity do you draw a card and then die? Or still don't die?

12 minutes ago, touchdown said:

And how does Execute work? If you use Ingenuity do you draw a card and then die? Or still don't die?

You die. You did not discard a card nor a SS. It doesn't also work with costs like Juggernaut IMHO because the cost was not paid.

6 minutes ago, touchdown said:

I would read it as you die, since there are two parts:

1. you may do a thing. 

2. If you did the thing, do x.

Yannic lets you remove a scheme maker and draw a card instead of discarding. But it doesn't say: "That model still counts as discarding for game effects."

Maybe that's not RAI, so it might be good to ask for a FAQ clarification.

I think it would work for costs. Because they're:

1. Pay the cost.

2. Do the thing.

Not 

1. You may pay the cost.

2. If the cost was payed, do the thing.

Ie, there's no portion of part 2 that checks to see what you did in part 1. 

I could be wrong, but it certainly seems like Yannic's Aura was intended to work with For the Corps and Juggernaut.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I think it would work for costs. Because they're:

1. Pay the cost.

2. Do the thing.

Not 

1. You may pay the cost.

2. If the cost was payed, do the thing.

Ie, there's no portion of part 2 that checks to see what you did in part 1. 

I could be wrong, but it certainly seems like Yannic's Aura was intended to work with For the Corps and Juggernaut.

Agreed.  Otherwise, Dashel's totem wouldn't draw you a card off of Executioner's doing Trail of Gore, because it is also taking the place of a cost while not being that cost.

• Agree 2

The faq question on costs says that your attempt to pay the cost is what matters. It's talking about damage but I can't see why it wouldn't apply here. So I think it ought to work as counting as the card discard. If anything relates to the discarded card, then that won't apply ( such as tools for the job and aethric healing).

• Thanks 1

Yeah, so I just looked over the catalan riflemen again, and this exact trick works for them as well, except that they're good without it too. They can for the corps and draw a card and remove then drop a scheme marker, then shoot twice. Better gun, ignores shooting defenses, better triggers and easier access to them, all for 1ss more. I wanted to make desperate mercs useful but if they weren't dead already, catalans killed them

9 hours ago, Adran said:

The faq question on costs says that your attempt to pay the cost is what matters. It's talking about damage but I can't see why it wouldn't apply here. So I think it ought to work as counting as the card discard. If anything relates to the discarded card, then that won't apply ( such as tools for the job and aethric healing).

Doesn't Necrotic Decay work the other way round? Where the second part references the actual results of the first? Like if you try to suffer 2 damage, but armor/shielded stops 1, you only get the one damage boost, not two?

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Doesn't Necrotic Decay work the other way round? Where the second part references the actual results of the first? Like if you try to suffer 2 damage, but armor/shielded stops 1, you only get the one damage boost, not two?

I don't have the FAQ to hand, but from memory that is because the trigger refers to the amount suffered later on