Skimmed the forums, but couldn’t find any mention of the new Starter packs - Specifically the Bayou one! Seems like we will get the Bayou Bash models. I love the models, and cannot wait to see them in action 😀

What do you guys think? Some of the models seem to fit some of the current keywords. A rooster for Tricksy, a Waldgeist for Swampfiend, Rabbit with a lot of booze for tri-chi, Hog for Pig & Sooey. 

D5D3B0B4-405B-4F7E-BD6E-1CB67AF5C555.png

Edited by GrumpyGrandpa

From what they said I think they are all versatile models, and will have 1 henchmen. That doesn't mean they won't also have keywords I assume. I also thought it was 4 models. 

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

From what they said I think they are all versatile models, and will have 1 henchmen. That doesn't mean they won't also have keywords I assume. I also thought it was 4 models. 

I think you’re right! No Gator on the artwork 

Damn, I really was looking forward to that gator rider model.

It does look all cavalry, though... which is kind of weird but a good theme I can get behind.

8 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Damn, I really was looking forward to that gator rider model.

From what I can see they have always said the gator rider wasn't bayou bash, it's just the internet seems to have never believed them. 

There is also a flying bird with a rider - perhaps a 5-6 player expansion to Bayou bash is in the works...

Any hopes for the box?

I was disappointed when Rooster Riders weren't Big Hat. They seemed perfect for the I'm Done with This Demise ability. 

My hope is that these are Big Hat and get it. Generally mobile stuff seems good too. Not that Bayou is slow, but it could always be faster.

• Like 1

They will all be Versatile... so potentially no keyword at all.

However, the Outcast box are supposedly all Syndicate keyword, and every Versatile model in Bayou has a keyword... theres a chance!

I do like the idea the OP had about them each being a different keyword.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I was disappointed when Rooster Riders weren't Big Hat. They seemed perfect for the I'm Done with This Demise ability. 

Doubt anything will get bighat cause that means they'd be summonable.

On 8/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, Scoffer said:

Som'er can't summon enforcers, so everything is possible...

You're right, he can't. I assumed it would be the standard Hench / enforcer / 2 minions, but if they played with that format could work... Hm

I don't play Big Hat but I have 2 Bayou Gremlins just in case of the Demise Done With This and I use 1 for Henchman Hardcore.

So I just woke up from a nap and had the greatest fever dream!

What if each of theese mounted models are parodies of the existing 4 Horseman models?!

• Like 3

I believe Wyrd would want to keep all start boxes align in same structure, i.e. 1 hench, 1 enforcer and 2 minions.

The rabbit and rooster rider are both carrying range weapon so my guess is they are the minion. The waldgeist and pig rider would be the hench and enforcer.

The second one. 

23 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

you mean... a hench with the Horseman keyword? or 7ss enforcers that try to replicate the Big Ones?

Neither really.

Whether they are henchmen, enforcer, or minion, they emulate the characteristics of the "big ones"; it's not like gremlins don't copy everyone else.

So like the chicken that uses rams, the rabbit that uses tomes, the waldegeist that uses masks and the pig that uses crows.... or something along those lines.  probably not to the same effect.

And I hope to god they don't get the Horseman Keyword or you're going to have a BAYOU CREW with all the riders!  It was bad enough when Leveticus could do it.

57 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

And I hope to god they don't get the Horseman Keyword or you're going to have a BAYOU CREW with all the riders!  It was bad enough when Leveticus could do it.

Something like that would be the end of the world as we know it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Adran said:

Something like that would be the end of the world as we know it...

But I feel fine (with it).

I do like the idea of them being inferior simulacra of the Horsemen, but it'd annoy me that there wouldn't be a runt Gremlin Yasanori (smaller than the other four) that is ignored by his four siblings.

Still not over Yas not being a Horseman, but not having that relationship (or lack tgereof) be parodied would be a dealbreaker for me. :)

30 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

But I feel fine (with it).

I do like the idea of them being inferior simulacra of the Horsemen, but it'd annoy me that there wouldn't be a runt Gremlin Yasanori (smaller than the other four) that is ignored by his four siblings.

Still not over Yas not being a Horseman, but not having that relationship (or lack tgereof) be parodied would be a dealbreaker for me. :)

You've got it all wrong, yasanori is the gremlins parody of the 5th horsemen, Kaos, (who the outcasts will get at some point) but left the group due to creative differences. 😁

( I've still not got over the beta test ever even considering that yas should be a horseman). 

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

I do like the idea of them being inferior simulacra of the Horsemen

Oh, good vocabulary word! 

... and for using that word correctly, you're kicked out of the Bayou.  Turn in your gun and your booze.

So, it got me thinking.  Will the next book be an Explorer's Society book, just like the other 7 books, or will it be like the Wave books of 2nd edition, just witj all ES fluff and cards that just also has some new stuff as well, like them starter boxes... and maybe some other models!