Tricksy, Foundry, Soldier, Spy

Jesy Blue

After listening to the latest Harl'e'faux podcast, I've been wondering about the effectiveness of Foundry models in the Tricksy keyword. 

Anyone have any experience with all the Scrap to Pit/Pit to Scrap Ride The Rails shenanigans and copious amounts of 14" range guns they would like to share?

• Like 2

Hi, I'm Chris from aforementioned podcast. I actually tried a full foundry list last week (mah, lass, brin, sparks, porkchop, 3 X survivors, SS miner) last Wednesday. So much potential in this, I had one survivor focus shoot a skeeter in cover then another one teleport over and punch it to finish it off. The survivors were great at pulling my models in and out of position. Porkchop is a beast in combat and sparks putting bombs in bellys really puts your opponent off attacking certain models. Managed a 4-3 win over zipp by just killing stuff before it activated and scheming later. Definitely a lot of potential in this list/these models, I'm gonna try em again this week and I'll feed back any other shenanigans I come across. Any help from the bayou mind would also be appreciated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

I've used a lot of Foundry stuff with Mah before the nerfs - Survivors benefited immensely from the Focus as their gun is super sad when it does weak damage but very nice when it does something else. The range is also crazy! The Mah nerf arguably hit them the hardest, though.

Rail Walking, at least in my experience, isn't nowhere near what it is with Mei Feng due to the lack of Metal Gamins but it is still useful for more "surgical" teleports around as opposed to the Mei Feng crew zooming every which way. Having several Foundry models however makes Rail Walking certainly more potent. Also note that Bayou Smugglers can haul the Scrap Markers around and since they can also haul Pit Traps, they aren't actually half bad with Mah. They even have a Push Trigger on their attack to make use of those Pit Traps.

Finally, Survivors are crazy survivable (go figure!). Armor, HtK, and Scamper combine into an extremely durable 5SS model. If you can get some healing into your crew, that is naturally absolutely golden for them. Unfortunately Gremlins aren't very good at healing anymore, so Bokor is probably the only even semi-realistic option.

• Like 1

I've played them a couple if times, snd if you manage to keeo Sparks alive, you can pull some really nice tricks. 

For Healing, nothing better than a Spit Hog.

Also remember that with Reversed Pull-arity you can move Pit traps through the enemy models. 

The main problem of the list is that you don't generate enough Scrap to benefit that much from them and you don't have enough Pit Traps, since the only one that generates them is Mah. 

I like this list:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Mah Tucket
Totem(s):
  The Little Lass
Hires:
  Big Brain Brin
  Mechanized Porkchop
  Sparks LeBlanc
  Test Subject
  Survivor
  Survivor 2
  Bushwhacker

Ran this list again tonight into zipp (lost 7-5 but a close game):

MechaMah (Bayou)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Mah Tucket
    Twelve Cups of Coffee
Totem(s):
  The Little Lass
Hires:
  Big Brain Brin
  Sparks LeBlanc
  Mechanized Porkchop
  Soulstone Miner
  Survivor
  Survivor 2
  Survivor 3
References:
  Bombs In Yer Belly

Key highlights:

Load porkchop with bombs and run him at something you want to die, Johan managed to RJ damage and do 7 to kill him but the resulting baldy and explosion did 7 DMG back.

This left a nice trail of scrap markers up the board for ride the rails.

Brin and sparks held the centre of the board, sparks made it dangerous to go anywhere near and brin just did what brin does. 

There's a lot of cool tricks to be done, as mentioned above. I think I'll try ShinChan's list next time as a nice mixture. This is definitely a fun way to play mah though.

3 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Can you explain this interaction?

Yeah, just realised there was a random spelling mistake in there. So Johan hit mech for 7 damage (severe of 6 +1 from RJ). The resulting blast stepped down to mod damage which is 4, I placed this back on Johan. Mech then died triggering demise: explosive 3, which caused a further 3 damage back on Johan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris P Bacon said:

Yeah, just realised there was a random spelling mistake in there. So Johan hit mech for 7 damage (severe of 6 +1 from RJ). The resulting blast stepped down to mod damage which is 4, I placed this back on Johan. Mech then died triggering demise: explosive 3, which caused a further 3 damage back on Johan.

Gotcha.

For some reason, I thought the blasts worked like a defensive trigger, and therefore wouldn't apply if the recipient was dead.

Doesn't appear to be the case, so woot!

51 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Gotcha.

For some reason, I thought the blasts worked like a defensive trigger, and therefore wouldn't apply if the recipient was dead.

Doesn't appear to be the case, so woot!

No.  Blasts go off at the same time as the damage, so you put the blast marker down before you actually damage anything. (Although obviously after you have flipped for damage)

• Like 1