Best way to straighten up the Alpha Crawler?

Saduhem

Water shocking my alpha crawlers has proven ineffective over time as they eventually just bent until their face hit the ground again.

Being the guy that tries to showcase models to get more players in Malifaux/TOS, I'm wondering what the best solution has been so far.

Let's make it clear that this isn't a complaint about quality. I take this as an unforeseen side effect of a material that I actually love and, after surviving 2 Goryos and 4 night terrors, I buy every product knowing that some heavy duty Hobbying may be involved.

I'm thinking of shocking once more, then drilling a rod through the legs while the structure is still in its intended shape.

Ideally, once I find the "perfect" solution, I can offer to do it for anyone in our local store that buys an Alpha Crawler.

Any suggestions?

Wait yours is actually bending over? Mine just had to be pinned to his base, but doesn't bend at the legs or anything. Of course, mine doesn't get to stand on the table near as often as I'd like. 

Yeah I guess stick a rod up there in the legs. Hopefully it won't bend over any higher up. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joebill said:

Wait yours is actually bending over? Mine just had to be pinned to his base, but doesn't bend at the legs or anything. Of course, mine doesn't get to stand on the table near as often as I'd like. 

Yeah I guess stick a rod up there in the legs. Hopefully it won't bend over any higher up. 

Happy to hear that not everyone has this problem!

Even when pinned to the base the head is approximately at the same height of the knees (It would be further down but the left arm is preventing a complete faceplant), so it kinda looks like the Alpha Crawler is looking for something under his bed :} 

13 hours ago, necroon said:

I used some cheap fish aquarium stuff as base accents for mine. They also are conveniently placed to provide support as the model is quite top heavy. Maybe something like this could help?

Alpha Crawler.png

Great Idea for the basing! I also considered using clever surfaces on a base to adjust the overall position to a more erect one. That said, I'd still like to take advantage of the full height of the model. I will definitely do something like this in addition to whatever unbending procedure I end up adopting, thanks for the suggestion!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saduhem said:

Great Idea fire basing! I also considered using clever surfaces on a base to adjust the overall position to a more erect one. That said, I'd still like to take advantage of the full height of the model. I will definitely do something like this in addition to whatever unbending procedure I end up adopting, thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you for the kind words! Always happy to be of service.