New Stuff from Gencon

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Are these cards being added to the app at some point?

It'd be nice to be able to reference them in app instead of having to dig up the images each time.

Or is that an official launch thing next year?

Isn't it protocol for them to update the app on release of the physical stats, be it the box sets or the faction book?

Also, have these been confirmed as final stats? I believe the Marcus and Raspy ones were not supposed to be taken as final, and a few of the ExSo stuff was 'subject to change'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Follow up question, Mr Caroland. 

When is that?

Cause I wants it.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:49 PM, MattM said:

Given the current global situation, some of our releases have been changed or pushed back. If you’re curious about where something might be, read on.

The Explorer’s Society is still out adventuring; we expect them to return in November, so keep your eyes peeled for more information about them closer to that time.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

Just to wrap up:

3F4964D2-0BDF-4F58-AEEB-43BFF371F936.jpeg

FC339DE4-FA1A-47D0-884A-2EF429ADBEC3.jpeg

As a total random aside - is there a reason sometimes the trigger order deviates from the normal order. I think almost all cards follow :ToS-Ram::ToS-Tome::ToS-Mask::ToS-Crow:, but then on some cards it doesn't match that ordering. It stands out especially here as it has built in rams, but for some reason doesn't put rams first like is normal.

I assume it's a templating/printing the card thing, where they want the text for one trigger to fit better?

5 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

What breed of dog?

I like dogs.

They have the feel of bloodhounds... I believe they also mentioned it in the bat rep, but I could be mistaken (not hugely interested in Apex, so was only half listening and only got about halfway through!

Yeah, Wyrd has called them both Bloodhounds. This is a low quality pic, but here's the only clear image of Ullr I've seen so far:

11C691BF-C226-4FDD-8256-3C49AA47ECD9.jpe

I'm cool with them too. Luna and Penelope are among my favorite Totems for hitting that "intelligent, loyal partners" sweet spot, which Ullr and Artemis look to be doing as Enforcers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Porkenstein said:

Can someone please point me to the English Ivan story regarding he and Mei Feng?

I think it came out in storm of Shadows, which was the 5th(?) First edition book. That means it'll have been read on the podcast at some point, but I have no idea at what point. If I'm right about the book, it was the last one before the switch to 2nd edition.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Porkenstein said:

Can someone please point me to the English Ivan story regarding he and Mei Feng?

You can also check out the story in Shifting Loyalties (called Shifting Loyalties), and one of the Ten Thunders vignettes in Ripples of Fate :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Finally had the chance to go dig my old 1e books out, and re-reading "The Mountains Straight Reply" was like reuniting with an old friend. Ivan and his merry band of weirdos, which I had forgotten included DeWalt even this early, made for one of my favorite 1e stories. There's obviously a lot more material to talk about Apex with right now, but it's Ivan and the DUA/Umbra keywords I'm more excited in seeing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HomelessOne said:

Finally had the chance to go dig my old 1e books out, and re-reading "The Mountains Straight Reply" was like reuniting with an old friend. Ivan and his merry band of weirdos, which I had forgotten included DeWalt even this early, made for one of my favorite 1e stories. There's obviously a lot more material to talk about Apex with right now, but it's Ivan and the DUA/Umbra keywords I'm more excited in seeing.

Twisting Fates had some great stuff, didn't it?  Damien Ravencroft's infiltration of the Witch Hunters, Ivan's escapade, the Molly story...all great.  The Neverborn one was pretty creepy, too.

16 minutes ago, clockworkspide said:

Twisting Fates had some great stuff, didn't it?  Damien Ravencroft's infiltration of the Witch Hunters[...]

Hey, the Spelleaters are double keyword [SOMETHING]/Witch Hunters... who's this Damien Ravencroft fellow?

8 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Hey, the Spelleaters are double keyword [SOMETHING]/Witch Hunters... who's this Damien Ravencroft fellow?

I wouldn't want to spoil the twist (even though I initially did <_<);  the story should be on Breachside Broadcast if The Mountains' Straight Reply is.  The story's called "Puzzle Box".

But if you're not a podcast person and/or don't care about spoilers...wait, is there a spoiler code on here?

9 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Found it... Breachside Broadcast episode 28.

Good story!  Fascinating character!

... but I don't think it would connect with what we know of the Spelleaters so far.

No.  I think the smart money there is Dr. Meredith Stanley, just because there's a reference to "hosts" in the research notes shown alongside her artwork, and also in the Guild paperwork shown alongside the Spelleater card.

Although I suppose it's not technically impossible that he's her henchman, but I think it's unlikely.

• Like 1