New Stuff from Gencon

My guess is that Dr. Meredith Stanley is the master of the Asylum keyword. I guess Spelleater will be asylum aswell. 

Dr. Grimwell did similar notes that came with the spelleater teaser. 

If I'm right Stanley will get her nurses as they are already in the game.

So I finally found the Breachside Broadcast episode with English Ivan & DeWalt:

... and the Steam Powered Scoundrels said the Wyrd Matt's mentioned someone named Eva, and she's in this story too.

There might be a lot of Explorer's Society clues in this episode.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

You may find it interesting that much more recently, Winston Finnigan got a somewhat prominent cameo in The Bold & The Desperate from the 3e Neverborn faction book.

It's kind of interesting as the description of Finnigan in that story is very different from the art on the new card... I wonder if this is his son??

Lots of interesting speculation in the latest Steam Powered Scoundrels episode too!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, Jesy Blue said:

Found it... Breachside Broadcast episode 28.

Good story!  Fascinating character!

... but I don't think it would connect with what we know of the Spelleaters so far.

i personally would say it connects very well with ravencroft being atleast the henchmen, if not master... hear me out, oh and spoilers for puzzle box

meridith was not first mentioned in her "reveal" but rather on a newspaper, where the recommendations to avoid a mysterious blackout sickness were as follows

"keep dry, travel as much as possible, and read often"

we also know some important information about spelleaters from the requisitions form: how they are made, a sub-standard use of the yellow crypt, not a virus but this "blackout virus" could be what allows them to "capture" people and later turn them into spelleaters and that they are some kind of hivemind or can communicate through [redacted]

going back to meridith's advice however doesn't entirely make sense for biological warfare, "keep dry" would likely have little to no effect on drugs used but if you instead used something like the yellow crypt itself which relies on burning people it could be rather important but to our knowledge there's only 2 people that know and can replicate the crypt

"travel as much as possible" is, however not a big surprise, higher chance of catching blackout but "read often" is also important, we have something pretty close to clear that reading/knowledge is pretty important to spell eaters being the picture from hush (if that is a spelleater, it doesn't appear as warped) but spelleaters being some kind of a hivemind and likely intelligent could be rather useful especially if the "head" of the hivemind would be someone like ravencroft, the whole gain as much knowledge as you can to "create a true democracy of the learned" was sorta his whole shtick wasn't it, if you can have god knows how many links to so many minds then what exactly could you *not* learn

but lastly "how could you become the head of a hivemind" im thinking that he potentially used the crypt, or knowledge he gained from how the crypt works on himself, he has already made "backups" of his memory, protection from the worst of the effects, and seems to be perfectly willing to nearly kill himself to learn more (even got himself burned for that purpose) and at the end stated "or you will laugh at what i become" (not word for word, probobly)

either way, hopefully i explained that whole theory, though there's probably more i could of added, really think hes gonna be the master, he has a motive and a means to accomplish it

• Like 1

It's an interesting concept... but I don't see how that translates into gaining 6 eyes and spider legs.  At least, not directly.

I'm willing to be wrong, though.

PS:  you could use some capital letters.

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

It's an interesting concept... but I don't see how that translates into gaining 6 eyes and spider legs.  At least, not directly.

Was too tired, it was like 4am for me

Just tried to edit it to make it significantly easier on the eyes but it was too long since I posted the  original. So a solid 10 minutes of revising couldn't be edited in... Then internet cut out so the draft is just gone

As for the spider legs its Probobly mostly asthetic. it doesn't follow with poisoning patents either when we know how they're made.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I could have, and should have but I was getting too tired

As for the spider legs its Probobly mostly asthetic. it doesn't follow with poisoning patents either

• 1 year later...