2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - August

Caedrus

On 8/28/2020 at 4:09 AM, Caedrus said:

Caedrus, checking in!

Folks, my apologies, I've been a bit non-communicative the last couple of weeks. There's a lot of busy going on in my world right now!

So much so, in fact, that I have painted just one Malifaux mini this month. However, I spent, if I'm honest, waaaay too much time on a single minion. Still, I wanted to mess about with this mini for ages, and I had a plan in mind, and it actually worked out! Here he is, 8SS of Drachen Trooper!

image.thumb.png.e036fdf3388de7b4afe3d49b8d397cd8.png

In case you were interested, the flames are greenstuff (formed over a bent paperclip for the jet of flame), and the thicker fuel hose is made from green stuff, run through the GSW tube-maker-thingy.

I had lots of fun with OSL, obviously, and messed about with some NMM as well.

Critiques and comments are, of course, very welcome!

I'll be updating the spreadsheet very soon (I've let that slide a little - sorry 😞).

I'm loving everyone's work!

Stay well, stay safe!

Caedrus.

Man, thats a great job!

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:09 AM, Caedrus said:

Caedrus, checking in!

Folks, my apologies, I've been a bit non-communicative the last couple of weeks. There's a lot of busy going on in my world right now!

So much so, in fact, that I have painted just one Malifaux mini this month. However, I spent, if I'm honest, waaaay too much time on a single minion. Still, I wanted to mess about with this mini for ages, and I had a plan in mind, and it actually worked out! Here he is, 8SS of Drachen Trooper!

image.thumb.png.e036fdf3388de7b4afe3d49b8d397cd8.png

In case you were interested, the flames are greenstuff (formed over a bent paperclip for the jet of flame), and the thicker fuel hose is made from green stuff, run through the GSW tube-maker-thingy.

I had lots of fun with OSL, obviously, and messed about with some NMM as well.

Critiques and comments are, of course, very welcome!

I'll be updating the spreadsheet very soon (I've let that slide a little - sorry 😞).

I'm loving everyone's work!

Stay well, stay safe!

Caedrus.

This is super cool!

i don t think there s such thing as too much time in a mini if the motivation is there 😁

• Like 1

@Caedrus
Pledge for this month done. That's 15 SS for the 2 Viktorias from the M2E.

ViktoriasM2E_Finished3.thumb.jpg.99921bdf3df178b5d1e21353d0af9f67.jpgViktoriasM2E_Finished4.thumb.jpg.cf46d61654888b7293fae70625b56f39.jpg

On top of that i also managed to finish my Alison Dade, 8 SS, to buy back one of the two mulligans i've used.

1286239684_AllisonDade_FinishedBased.thumb.jpg.35588b2885e91220597ed9b0ce3d438d.jpg

Maybe, with a little luck I will be able to finish my Elijah Borgman (found a special order with him), to buy back my second mulligan, but I doubt it.

• Like 6

After a long while mainly busy with Corona (not me but family) and other family troubles, I am finally back to the hobby. I hope that things run smoothly, again. 

Anyways, here are my contributions for August: 

Bernadette-Basse-done.jpg
Bernadette Basse - as Explorers are coming soon(tm) I had to get some miniatures and started with Cornelius' Crew.
2 Soulstones

And no painting session without Rezzers (until I am done with it):

Asura-done.jpg
Asura - because there is no such thing as too many Zombies.
8 Soulstones

Sorry for skipping June and July and I really hope to be back on a regular basis.

PS: fof bigger pics just click on the previews

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Engorn said:

U_U I didn't made it... I was doing well until last week when I had two serious problems (sometimes life sucks) and I couldn't paint as I supposed to be able to... Only missed three of the effigies, but...

IMG_20200901_093634.thumb.jpg.0b71bfd0b8bfcf436012b0c9e1ebe85e.jpg

IMG_20200901_093242.thumb.jpg.c6e59f7059c06270a9daf634ca758208.jpg

@Caedrus I didn't realize that I didn't put the value in soulstones.

• Colette: 15ss
  • Cassandra: 8ss
  • Angelica: 7ss
  • 2x Coryphee: 12ss
  • 2x Mannequin: 8ss
  • 3x Showgirl: 15ss
  • Arcane Effigy: 4ss
  • Brutal Effigy: 4ss
  • Carrion Effigy: 4ss
  • Mysterious Effigy: 4ss

That's a total of 81 soulstones.

Carlos Vasquez and the Mechanical Doves were already painted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...