Jump to content
MattM

Waldo's Weekly - Gen Con 2020 Events

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Even Waldo is excited; he’s behaved himself all morning in anticipation for the announcements. 

Waldo is so excited that he's behaving? Sounds highly suspicious to me :)

Joke aside I'm curious to see how the online event is going to turn out. It must not have been easy to change from what is usually done.
Good luck to you all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattM said:

Every $100 you spend also gets you a free a free Miss Guided, who can stand in as an alt Fuhatsu. That means $200+ gets you 2, $300+ gets you 3, and so on. 

That should make a lot of people very happy. 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living across the pond I've never been to gencon so really looking forward to this!!

As a technophobe I have a question which may sound ridiculous but I'm going to ask it anyway. If real life gets in  the way and I miss the live streaming will it be recorded on YouTube so I can watch it later? and if so will links be posted on the forum?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully going forward, wyrd will be able to do some online stuff for all their convention seminars (hopefully that'swithin the rules) I  mean, it gets leaked anyway... Itd be nice fore those overseas considering most companies have a worldwide community.

Even if the convention goers get it first (as they probably should, seeings as they're paying for it) but the upload it later for those unable to attend.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great move by Wyrd IMO, naturally a bunch of people will be down about ES not being at GenCon but it is really nice to see Wyrd opening up a little more to content creators and getting Apex out for people to see will be great for keeping that ES momentum going.

Kudos to you folks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Drowsheep said:

Quick question--more about the sale, than the events--is Kitty going to be available to special order through gencon, or just in the Lynch box?

She will be available as a special order in the next 1 or 2 "special order updates".

Here is the link, which explains how the special orders work. https://www.wyrd-games.net/special-orders

So you can either buy the whole Lynch crew box, or wait for it to be special order-able. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drowsheep said:

Quick question--more about the sale, than the events--is Kitty going to be available to special order through gencon, or just in the Lynch box?

You know you want that sexy new Jacob Lynch box. As you can see from the box art, you don't want to miss Jude Law running the Honeypot casino.... do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saduhem said:

You know you want that sexy new Jacob Lynch box. As you can see from the box art, you don't want to miss Jude Law running the Honeypot casino.... do you?

all my malifaux got stolen towards the end of 2e and some of my friends helped me re-buy most of what I had (Still working on it tbh, I had a lot).  And one of my buddies painted a wicked awesome looking Lynch crew that he gave me.  Some of the most splendid looking models I own.  So I'm not going to be playing Lynch with any other models than the ones he painted for me!  XD

 

I'll probably commission him to paint Kitty up when I do get her!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drowsheep said:

all my malifaux got stolen towards the end of 2e and some of my friends helped me re-buy most of what I had (Still working on it tbh, I had a lot).  And one of my buddies painted a wicked awesome looking Lynch crew that he gave me.  Some of the most splendid looking models I own.  So I'm not going to be playing Lynch with any other models than the ones he painted for me!  XD

 

I'll probably commission him to paint Kitty up when I do get her!

Please forgive my ignorance regarding the situation. Years ago I had to move from MN to MS with virtually no notice. Circumstances had it so that I could bring almost nothing along. I saved about 20 miniatures but lost the rest of my Malifaux, all my Warmahordes (Don't miss it), boardgames, compressor, and pretty much anything hobby related. It was a multi-thousand loss.  Turns out that sudden move resulted in a massive gain in my professional life, so I got it all back and more (Minus the painting time I guess), but I absolutely understand the pain.

 

Wish you the same luck I had in obtaining more than you lost!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because it's not specifically mentioned... GenCon would IRL have tickets and pricing, so, I'm assuming at this point tickets might be needed for these events, is that the case? If so, what prices are we looking at? 

I'm in the UK and really happy I get the chance to be virtually at these events! 

The obligatory sale purchases will be happening too... Damn those import taxes! However, there's a group now to do a big one between us here, yay! 

Only a few days now, excellent! 

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Saduhem said:

Please forgive my ignorance regarding the situation. Years ago I had to move from MN to MS with virtually no notice. Circumstances had it so that I could bring almost nothing along. I saved about 20 miniatures but lost the rest of my Malifaux, all my Warmahordes (Don't miss it), boardgames, compressor, and pretty much anything hobby related. It was a multi-thousand loss.  Turns out that sudden move resulted in a massive gain in my professional life, so I got it all back and more (Minus the painting time I guess), but I absolutely understand the pain.

 

Wish you the same luck I had in obtaining more than you lost!

No worries!  I'm just glad I've got good friends--and I love the paint job he did for me!

That is rough--but I'm almost back to where I was now!  Just a few TT models away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, MattM said:

Thursday July 30

Gen Con Kick-Off! (3:00-3:45PM*, on YouTube)

Malifaux Q&A with Third Floor Wars (4:00-6:00PM*, on YouTube)

Friday July 31

Malifaux Live Play with Third Floor Wars (4:00-8:00PM*, on YouTube)

Saturday August 1

Through the Breach Live Play with Dead Aussie Gamer (4:00-8:00PM*, on Twitch)

The other GenCon Online events are listed on their site for sign up (https://www.gencon.com/event_finder). I can't find any of these events listed. Will you be just placing links here somewhere on how to attend or will you adding them to the Gen Con site for registering? 

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pallas4 said:

Hum

in https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2020/7/20/gen-con-2020-sale-details

it says, the sales willb egin the 29. in France, we are the 29 in France and nothing on the store. So what time will the Gencon sales start?

Thanks

They never give an exact time to avoid overload on the servers at that time. Just bear in mind that there are parts of the USA that are still stuck in the past and think it's the 28th at the moment, and even those that have reached the 29th are probably asleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems there's another bug. I've put for $235 (Jakob Lynch core, Von Schill core, Malifaux 1988 and Ancestral Icons) of product in the basket and after updating it says only 1 Miss Guided :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information