Help a noob with collett

PerkyAntihero

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

She is definitelly top tier, but not sure if I'd go all the way to the most powerful one.

A mistake I've seen some players doing that make her even better is attacking her with Df attacks for no reason; that's one of the worst things a player can do versus her. That's damage not going towards her crew, a free bury for her (she will use her df trigger and a stone, so she will reduce from 3 to 5 damage) and later she will use Showstopper and appear where she may disrupt more the other crew/score; it's way better make her bury herself with Twist Ending; she most likely will have to stonne for that and the other player has a chance to stop it winning the duel.

Unless the attack has really crippling effects like Stunned+Slow or you can deny her trigger (like Thunders with Masked Agent, :blast, shockwaves or for example Misaki able to stun her without attacking her), you should just leave her alone or just engage her without attacking.

maybe u just dont know how to play with her; she is the most powerful master in 3e

• Haha 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Colette is very complicated to kill. On the other hand, the rest of his team is weak. And the Colette team is not good for strats and combines violent.
On V3 I had a hard time understanding how to play against but finally by dint of playing we quickly understand that you have to ignore it as much as possible and focus on the rest of your team.
As said above, there are ways to counter it with figs that ignore defensive triggers or by doing indirect damage or doing attacks that target willpower but I agree with you that it is not. simple ...
On the GG0 it was very (maybe too) strong. On the GG1 it remains strong but can no longer remove the acquired strategy points!

On 8/11/2020 at 1:48 PM, korgal said:

Colette is very complicated to kill. On the other hand, the rest of his team is weak. And the Colette team is not good for strats and combines violent.
On V3 I had a hard time understanding how to play against but finally by dint of playing we quickly understand that you have to ignore it as much as possible and focus on the rest of your team.
As said above, there are ways to counter it with figs that ignore defensive triggers or by doing indirect damage or doing attacks that target willpower but I agree with you that it is not. simple ...
On the GG0 it was very (maybe too) strong. On the GG1 it remains strong but can no longer remove the acquired strategy points!

u just don't know how to play with her-she is the strongest master on every strategy in gg1

I play with a friend who introduces me to Malifaux every weekend and he plays 90% of our games with Colette.
I found her too strong in GG0, I agree and it was rare that I win. Since GG1, things have rebalanced and our games are more balanced.
I know the Colette team very well because I have been playing against for 2 or 3 years.
Which master do you play? We can help you, but we must not remain negative.

2 hours ago, korgal said:

I play with a friend who introduces me to Malifaux every weekend and he plays 90% of our games with Colette.
I found her too strong in GG0, I agree and it was rare that I win. Since GG1, things have rebalanced and our games are more balanced.
I know the Colette team very well because I have been playing against for 2 or 3 years.
Which master do you play? We can help you, but we must not remain negative.

i play colette very much, so i can win on every strategy ang schemes against every master

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

i play colette very much, so i can win on every strategy ang schemes against every master

I don't doubt you might be a good player, but couldn't this be a case of big fish in a small pond?

Colette is doing very well in tournaments and is top tier, not denying that; but so are doing a lot of other other masters from other factions, and even from arcanist; Sandeep is another powerhouse for example.

3 hours ago, Ogid said:

I don't doubt you might be a good player, but couldn't this be a case of big fish in a small pond?

Colette is doing very well in tournaments and is top tier, not denying that; but so are doing a lot of other other masters from other factions, and even from arcanist; Sandeep is another powerhouse for example.

sandeep is much more weaker then colette

3 hours ago, Dark Reaper said:

Guy is currently wiping the floor with the opposition in the Vassal World Cup. Give him some credit 😂

Haha, I've seen one of his games (the one vs Titania). Yep he is a good player, very good decision making, good list and nice guy.

I didn't mean to discredit anyone (sorry if it sounded like that!). I'm genuinely curious about a Colette player making those comments about her, so I was checking how much experience he has outside of his local meta to see how much I can believe in that comment.

But anyway, I'd like to read his strategies and crews for the less friendly pools and crews able to counter her well if he one tricks her successfuly in every pool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ogid said:

Haha, I've seen one of his games (the one vs Titania). Yep he is a good player, very good decision making, good list and nice guy.

I didn't mean to discredit anyone (sorry if it sounded like that!). I'm genuinely curious about a Colette player making those comments about her, so I was checking how much experience he has outside of his local meta to see how much I can believe in that comment.

But anyway, I'd like to read his strategies and crews for the less friendly pools and crews able to counter her well if he one tricks her successfuly in every pool.

we can just play in vassal, so u will see)) there is no chances against my colette) no matter how many games u played or sow))

3 hours ago, Plaag said:

we can just play in vassal, so u will see)) there is no chances against my colette) no matter how many games u played or sow))

I’d love to pick up the glove, but it’s not the best moment unfortunately...

I’ve got very little times for games nowadays… right now I get lucky if I can get 1 each 2 months (plus I've not played during all this corona lockdown madness), and I rather expend that time with my mates because that’s a way to keep the contact with them a bit.

When (If lol) I get more free time, I do want to get into Vassal and play versus players from other regions, and then I’ll definitely ask you for a game. As I said I’m curious to see all those strategies for bad pools in play and I do enjoy games with players that make me sweat :)

But anyway, even if I’ve always been a strong player in my meta in skirmish games; my meta is still relatively new to Malifaux, I’m rusty and I’ve not played in any major tournament yet… Besting me wouldn’t prove your point. When a player one tricks her winning a major tournament, I’ll start paying atention to that best master theory. That could be you! ;)

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

I’d love to pick up the glove, but it’s not the best moment unfortunately...

I’ve got very little times for games nowadays… right now I get lucky if I can get 1 each 2 months (plus I've not played during all this corona lockdown madness), and I rather expend that time with my mates because that’s a way to keep the contact with them a bit.

When (If lol) I get more free time, I do want to get into Vassal and play versus players from other regions, and then I’ll definitely ask you for a game. As I said I’m curious to see all those strategies for bad pools in play and I do enjoy games with players that make me sweat :)

But anyway, even if I’ve always been a strong player in my meta in skirmish games; my meta is still relatively new to Malifaux, I’m rusty and I’ve not played in any major tournament yet… Besting me wouldn’t prove your point. When a player one tricks her winning a major tournament, I’ll start paying atention to that best master theory. That could be you! ;)

just write if u have some time, will play with pleasure) 

• Like 1