Karkinoi Appreciation

Saduhem

Just wanted to share the Karkinoi I just finished painting. Hopefully, if I neglect all sleep (Or give up my job) I'll have all my TOS models ready to go soon. 

My Malifaux meta is now officially resurrected, with fresh new blood joining in too. Hoping that getting some well painted TOS on the table might spark some Earthside addiction :}

If anything else, I'd like to bring some renewed attention to how incredible the models for TOS are...

Karkinoi Front.jpg

Karkinoi Top.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Rathnard said:

Great work! Did you use an airbrush? I don't have one of my own (i had to paint mine with a normal brush, like some kind of peasant ;) ), but the Gibbering Hordes seem particularly well suited to airbrushing.

I use an airbrush for all the things that an airbrush can do! As you say, Gibbering Hordes have plenty of large areas and, thankfully, no clothes. I still have to use a traditional brush for details, gem-like effects, stripes (or speckles for these guys), eyes, make-up (I put some on all female models) or for surfaces that would require too much masking (Thus defeating the time-saving purpose of the airbrush).

For My cult of the burning man models, I try to get the skin tone done mostly through airbrushing, and sometimes leather, but then I have to pick between doing lots of masking or lots of traditional brush painting.

If TOS has a "Fault" is that its models are way too beautiful and detailed compared to other wargames. I can paint half a skaven army in the time it takes me to paint a single unit of ECB Black Ops.

There are half a dozen TOS backers in my Malifaux meta but, when I ask why we don't get stuff on the table, the answer is invariably "It's too much to paint".

That Said, Kumon and Court of two seem pretty airbrush friendly, so I'm pretty happy about that!