Waldo's Weekly - Light Up the Night

MattM

Lucius, Sandeep, Marcus, Yan lo, Sonnia, Ulix all have some mulit keyword thing going on to some extent, so quite how its going to work we'll just have to see.

But yes, we expect the Explorers society to end with 8 masters all with new keywords. Waldo has spoiled a few names and keywords already, and Wyrd have announced a few more (at GAMA I think).

Its not the first time we've seen Umbra

21 hours ago, MattM said:

That’s all for this week, Wyrdos. Stay tuned, as we’ll soon be revealing more exciting things that usually start happening around this time of the year.

Is noone going to start speculating on this? Miss models + nightmare sets should be coming soon! Any thoughts/hopes?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, muraki said:

Is noone going to start speculating on this? Miss models + nightmare sets should be coming soon! Any thoughts/hopes?

Guild and Neverborn, if I remember it right, have no Nightmare box yet so a Nightmare Lucius crew would excite both Faction.

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

Guild and Neverborn, if I remember it right, have no Nightmare box yet so a Nightmare Lucius crew would excite both Faction.

Guild did have a nightmare box. It was even a reward for winning a global campaign. Poor Guild, they really got shafted this edition. 😛

20 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

It wasn't Nightmare, just that single model.  And Neverborn have also had that with Miss Ery.  Both Factions could do with a proper Nightmare box!

Nitpicking, but Dead Justice was a full set; Justice, Judge & 3 Marshals.

Agree, that they could both have nightmare sets though... Maybe some reporters that aren't led by the biggest Jerky McJerkface either sides of the breach??? :P

On 7/3/2020 at 8:07 AM, theamazingmrg said:

It wasn't Nightmare, just that single model.  And Neverborn have also had that with Miss Ery.  Both Factions could do with a proper Nightmare box!

That year there was 2 limited release boxes, Dead Justice, and the dreamer Crew (which I will grant was just a better Chompy in the end).  (I think if you wanted to be picky,. the Gencon Specials that year were Dead Justice and Nightmare Dreamer, and the following year they carried on using the nightmare name for that special release).

There was also Nightmare Teddy the following year (Which is not Miss Ery, that's a different teddy entirely).

I think the "Nightmare" list was  - Dead Justice (G/R), Nightmare Chompy (N), Nightmare Teddy (N), Hanging Trees(R), Nightmare Tara(O/R), Nightmare Whiskey Golem (B), dark carnival(A), Wild ones (G/TT), The crazy Cat lady (O), Unicorns and Pixie dust (B) and Brine and Brimstones (R).

Its possibly time for something Arcanist, (although I've just remembered the Carnival so they have had one)

I would be quite interested in a more train based rail crew for Mei feng (Although I largely wanted the rail golem to be a train, and hes not even a rail golem any more, but it is the 75th Birthday of Thomas the tank engine this year...), or A winnie the pooh Marcus Crew. Hoffman could be a good crew (Keep the guild crowd happy after they lost Wild ones) but I'm not quite sure what you would do with it.

My guess is that they are enjoying the alternative named Master Box, and so the nightmare crew is going to follow that route.

I'd be happy with any master who has kept the same box with minimal changes since M2e.  Guild / Neverborn would be nice, but I wouldn't say no to anything provided it looks cool... which I'm sure it will ha.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:17 AM, Adran said:

I would be quite interested in a more train based rail crew for Mei feng (Although I largely wanted the rail golem to be a train, and hes not even a rail golem any more, but it is the 75th Birthday of Thomas the tank engine this year...), or A winnie the pooh Marcus Crew. Hoffman could be a good crew (Keep the guild crowd happy after they lost Wild ones) but I'm not quite sure what you would do with it.

Since I always liked Miss Fire's aesthetic, it'd be fun to have a mei feng crew where they're bike messengers/couriers.  Kinda a steampunk postal service vibe, ha.

• Agree 1

Given a (hopefully) high probability of Neverborn, the announcement last year around Halloween that the shamble men for the Halloween game would get M3E playable models, and that they would fit nicely with Carver's aesthetic, I'm going to bet/hope for a Pandora nightmare crew (she also hasn't gotten a new sculpt this edition, while Dreamer, the other master with one of Carver's keywords, has).

For a Miss model, I'd therefore think something Guild...maybe the Steward? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boomstick said:

Given a (hopefully) high probability of Neverborn, the announcement last year around Halloween that the shamble men for the Halloween game would get M3E playable models, and that they would fit nicely with Carver's aesthetic, I'm going to bet/hope for a Pandora nightmare crew (she also hasn't gotten a new sculpt this edition, while Dreamer, the other master with one of Carver's keywords, has).

For a Miss model, I'd therefore think something Guild...maybe the Steward? 

I'd love a Harvestman model!

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

So, how much unreleased Explorer's Society stuff has been teased now? I saw that other guy with the Syndicate keyword. Seems to reference TOS? But I'm looking the look of this guy (Gibson), and interested in the potential of the Umbra keyword. What else is out there? 

Before gen con there was just cards for Gibson, Winston, a surveyor and most of a spell eater. I've now seen Vernon and wells, the effigy and emissary, several Apex models, and Ivan, who is the umbra master. But I've not seen all the gen con things, so am going on what's been added to the forum. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Adran said:

Before gen con there was just cards for Gibson, Winston, a surveyor and most of a spell eater. I've now seen Vernon and wells, the effigy and emissary, several Apex models, and Ivan, who is the umbra master. But I've not seen all the gen con things, so am going on what's been added to the forum. 

Cheers for that. I've had a look at all those cards now, and yeah - the Umbra stuff appeals. The Spelleater looks like a PITA for an opponent (stealing suits during opposed duels? Urgh!), and it's a Witch Hunter - at least - so that'll go with the Sonnia crew I've never actually used, but keep meaning to 😉

Looks like the Explorer's Society might be the shiny