Dove trick

eddy

Question

7 answers to this question

Best guess at the moment is her trigger doesn't work, because its a when resolving trigger, so it alters the action as it is resolving, and because the target is dead before you get to the duel, so you end the action before you get to the part where the trigger would apply.

I can't see something in the rules that expressly say that a dead model can't take part in the duel, or that the removal of the target from the duel means you don't carry out the action, but likewise I can't find anything to tell me how to resolve those.

I think in this cease trigger does not care about target being dead as it does not require b2b or effect target. Imo it does not stop Colette from burrying  as there is no rule that says that action ends after killing model.,but i gladly hear arguments for other way. 

5 minutes ago, eddy said:

I think in this cease trigger does not care about target being dead as it does not require b2b or effect target. Imo it does not stop Colette from burrying  as there is no rule that says that action ends after killing model.,but i gladly hear arguments for other way. 

Can you tell me how to conduct a duel between 2 models when there is only 1 model? I can't tell you how to do that in the rules.

I could see an argument for this resolution:

you declare sword trick targeting the dove

you kill the dove for the SS

you spend the SS for for a mask

the attack fails because there's no longer a valid target. You don't flip any cards

you bury because the trigger is after resolving so it doesn't need to succeed

Argument for trigger working: Both relenting duel and enchance duel takes place in step A (page 10) (or relenting is even before step A)so active player can choose order.  After declaring relenting Dove skips steps A-D and his final total is set.  Then step A happens for Colette and dove dies. Then she flip card  i step B moves through step C and D. At step E Colette declares trigger. During step F we alredy know Dove total from declaring relent. Her total excedes dove total (which was determined when he was alive) so acction is succesful. Dmg does not matter but trigger does not care about orginal target so Colette buries. 

This scenario is mostly based on page 10 digital rulebook