Keyword Cores

Just my opinions. The crews I know best are Molly and Reva.

Everyone:

• Pick up eternal servitude. Fantastic budget option with models you can use with lots of crews.

Molly:

• Core box
  • 'The Lost'
    • Bonus purchases: Dead Rider, Eternal servitude, Call to Madness

May struggle against shooty crews without night terrors.

Reva:

• Core box
    • Bonus purchases: Dead Rider, Carrion emissary, Anna Lovelace (with Von Schtook), Eternal servitude, Draugr

Reva is super weird, in that you can play her lots of ways and really the only essential models are the ones in her core box.

Von Schtook:

• Core box
  • University of Transmortis (second edition, impossible to find).
  • Necropunks.
    • Bonus purchases: Carrion emissary

Von Schtook is a summoner and basically needs some of everything, but if you can pick up University of Transmortis it is very easy to fill out the basics of his crew.

McMourning

• Core box, 2nd edition
  • Stitched and Sewn
    • Bonus purchases: Rogue Necromancy.

Buying McMourning this way is a bit awkward for future purchases, but his 2nd edition core box includes a wide variety of models. If you throw in a Stitched and Sewn, you'll basically be set for a while with the crew.

Yan Lo

• Just buy all three of his boxes I think (although maybe you could skimp on one of them. Ironically Eternal Servitude might be the least necessary).

Just my opinions!

So think Ressers are one of the most versatile keywords across most masters, yet I think there are basically two groups. Those who play heavily in key word and those who dont. Specificially Seamus and Reve like to basically play versatile. Regarding Versatiles I think the most important purchases are Carrion Emissary, Mindless Zombies, Bone Piles, Dead Rider and Sloth in that order. Often you can buy crossroads seven with friends. I also agree that Eteneral Servitude is just an excellent purchase. 

For the Rest, I think Jack Daw has it the easiest, he just needs his core box and some hanged. 

Von Schtook - who is my main - is honestly unplayable without proxies right now. I sculpted all the students myself. Actually made him rather cheap. For him you need core box, the students and some necropunks. 

Molly kind of needs a lot, but listen to maniacal here, he probably knows her better. 

Yan Lo I have too little experience. 

Kirai can play Core Box plus Goryos. But as Summoner she is happy about everything. Most people get drowned with her way to late, I actually think they can rival Goryos as summons just because they are the only model where the build in trigger she gives is great. 

McMounring I have too little experience. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Learning Kirai at the moment for our local slow grow and I think the core takes are Ikiryo (obviously), Datsue Ba, at least 1 Onryo and 1-2 Seishin. Whisper on Kirai is a must take too imo. Then from there, simply flavour to taste (1 or 2 Drowned, Goryo, Shikome, 3rd Seishin etc etc)

• Like 1