Ressers community pool: Number 1!

12 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@Shakyor, I assume you mean corrupted ley lines and not harness?

Interesting list! I don't own most of those models and have quite a different playstyle, but will try to share some thoughts.

I haven't considered overloading on summoning (I usually play Molly in a much more aggressive fashion, locking down the board as early as possible, but could work!)

For Obeys, one of the best things you can do is just spread out your crew. Archie can take a flank, and could have another beater take the other flank. Then you don't need to worry about obeys ruining your day.

If you want to have the cards, you can have the cards. It's not uncommon for Molly to see 12-14 cards total if she wants to (but careful not to go overboard).

Some basic card drawing tips:

• Sometimes you can just waste cards to get your hand size down, like cheating on initiative.
  • If they match you and get their card hand size down, make sure to punish them with irreducible damage from Molly.
  • You can use necrotic machine to 'strange behaviour' a few cards into their hand, then discard into Molly to make Molly activate right away and draw a bunch of cards before they can empty their hand.
  • Lost Knowledge is a very easy source of card draw. One combo in particular is:
    • Crooligan drops a scheme marker next to Molly
    • Molly activates, reactivates crooligan, eats scheme marker for two cards, and moves.

Molly + Gravedigger + Toshiro is a pretty brutal backline, you may find you don't actually need much more than that unless the whole enemy crew is smacking you around. Consider a Rogue Necromancy though (Projective vomit + molly's slows can lock down a surprising number of models).

Also be mindful of how you're going to move your lodestone - you can't place with it, so Archie and the Crooligan are quite awkward with it. Although I suppose you can pass it like a football, I've never tried that method, but summoned ashigaru should help.

Yeah I totally get that. 

But keep in mind, as MrPieChiee correctly said, both Toshiro and the Forgotten Marshal need 10s of Crows to summon a good really good Minion. Which is still pretty tough. 

That being said I think the empithany finally came to me to make the crew work enough in theory that I want to see it on the table. 

Instead of Sloth, taking the Nurse OOK. Both heal pretty well, BUT the Nurse has three significant properties that make her perfect for this in my mind:

1. Most importantly she can recoup important summoning cards with tools for the job, which is just amazing! 

2. With Bed Side Manner she can prevent Lady J from focus killing models

3. She profits from Toshiro and actually has a pretty decent attack where she can stun Lady J so she can heal up with defense counter attacks against cheap minions!

• Like 1

Okay Lists are in, in the end I was unhappy with Asura and changed her plus the whisper on the forgotten for an Carrion Emissary, for more killing power and more reliable zombie generation. 

So my final List:
Molly + Necrotic

Toshiro

Forgotten Marshal

Archie

Carrion Emissary

Nurse 

Crooligan

3SS

His List: 
Lady Justice with Lead Coat + Scales

Pale Rider

The Jury

2 * Domador

2 * Excorcist

We are gonna play tommorow. So how would you guys play this? What Schemes do you think he is gonna pick? What Schemes should I pick?

One thing is sure to me, with so much shooting, first summon will be Night Terror and Carrion Emissary is gonna create some cover :D

@Shakyor fun!

I'd take Hidden Martyrs (Archie + Crooligan) for two reasons:

1. Archie is probably going to die anyway.
  2. He might go for a turtling strategy, in which case this scheme is two points potentially (although both Lady J and rider represent a real threat to the crooligan).
  3. This means the crooligan doesn't have to leave the deployment zone to score (and it isn't clear that it could score breakthrough for example).

Then Leave Your Mark seems like a nice second way to score without going to his side of the board (though may have to summon an extra crooligan to score it twice).

Don't forget Molly can remove scheme markers anywhere on the board with her crows trigger, and crooligans can with fading or bonus action. A turn where a crooligan eats two scheme markers can be devastating.

One tip for Molly: most opponents underestimate her damage, but she can do 6-9 irreducible damage against the unprepared. If rider or lady J come near her with low cards in hand, nuke the hell out of them. You may have to skip summoning to save high cards for Molly.

For this reason assassinate will be tough for him, and he doesn't have a good setup for hidden martyrs or take prisoner. Breakthrough seems too aggressive for a shooty crew, but I think it is secretly the best option. I bet he takes assassinate/Leave your mark, but be prepared for any combination of those two and breakthrough.

For scoring lodestone... He will likely obey his own models.  Don't forget: night terrors give ALL models concealing - he gets a minus to obey his own model if near a night terror.

Also use Ashigaru to lock down models with lodestones or that may carry lodestones (and don't forget you can choose not to attack if you don't want trigger damage back on you). Just gum up his models.

Now with a point plan that doesn't require all your models, use your spare capacity as a crew to just kill off his crew. Pale rider or lady J if they let Molly kill her, but otherwise just kill their other models (if they're forced to scheme with pale rider and lady j, they can't spend time killing you).

Remember Archie can two-shot their exorcists from full health and the domadores if they have one damage from elsewhere. He should try to single activation a few models before he dies.

EDIT: oh, maybe he takes take prisoner if he obeys your models. But that should be easy to stop if you're forcing the last activation and have a crooligan or night terror on standby to mess up the positioning (or even Archie in a pinch).

Edit2: if you take hidden martyrs and he uses take prisoner on Archie, just have Archie go ballistic on his Lady J. He can't afford to have Archie live forever while beating on her, so will eventually kill her. If he isn't dead by turn 5, consider sending in the crooligan to see if that can bait a death.

• Like 1

If I am the Lady J player I am removing the Marshal on round 1 and Toshiro on round 2, so, as the Molly player I would make sure the machine is ready to get in on her and poison her up so she can't do much. The machine can really shut her down. Your priority should be those Domodors (and Lady J). They can mess you up if they live. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trample said:

If I am the Lady J player I am removing the Marshal on round 1 and Toshiro on round 2, so, as the Molly player I would make sure the machine is ready to get in on her and poison her up so she can't do much. The machine can really shut her down. Your priority should be those Domodors (and Lady J). They can mess you up if they live. 

Hmm okay I am interested to see how this plays out. I have to say, I dont quite see it. I build about as an defensive List as I could think off. How would you go about removing Forgotten Marshal and Toshiro with all my healing/Nurses Bedside Manner/Ashigarus Take the Hit/Probably Nightterror giving concealment. I mean it is not like I will play them frontrow.

5 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@Shakyor fun!

I'd take Hidden Martyrs (Archie + Crooligan) for two reasons:

1. Archie is probably going to die anyway.
  2. He might go for a turtling strategy, in which case this scheme is two points potentially (although both Lady J and rider represent a real threat to the crooligan).
  3. This means the crooligan doesn't have to leave the deployment zone to score (and it isn't clear that it could score breakthrough for example).

Then Leave Your Mark seems like a nice second way to score without going to his side of the board (though may have to summon an extra crooligan to score it twice).

Don't forget Molly can remove scheme markers anywhere on the board with her crows trigger, and crooligans can with fading or bonus action. A turn where a crooligan eats two scheme markers can be devastating.

One tip for Molly: most opponents underestimate her damage, but she can do 6-9 irreducible damage against the unprepared. If rider or lady J come near her with low cards in hand, nuke the hell out of them. You may have to skip summoning to save high cards for Molly.

For this reason assassinate will be tough for him, and he doesn't have a good setup for hidden martyrs or take prisoner. Breakthrough seems too aggressive for a shooty crew, but I think it is secretly the best option. I bet he takes assassinate/Leave your mark, but be prepared for any combination of those two and breakthrough.

For scoring lodestone... He will likely obey his own models.  Don't forget: night terrors give ALL models concealing - he gets a minus to obey his own model if near a night terror.

Also use Ashigaru to lock down models with lodestones or that may carry lodestones (and don't forget you can choose not to attack if you don't want trigger damage back on you). Just gum up his models.

Now with a point plan that doesn't require all your models, use your spare capacity as a crew to just kill off his crew. Pale rider or lady J if they let Molly kill her, but otherwise just kill their other models (if they're forced to scheme with pale rider and lady j, they can't spend time killing you).

Remember Archie can two-shot their exorcists from full health and the domadores if they have one damage from elsewhere. He should try to single activation a few models before he dies.

EDIT: oh, maybe he takes take prisoner if he obeys your models. But that should be easy to stop if you're forcing the last activation and have a crooligan or night terror on standby to mess up the positioning (or even Archie in a pinch).

Edit2: if you take hidden martyrs and he uses take prisoner on Archie, just have Archie go ballistic on his Lady J. He can't afford to have Archie live forever while beating on her, so will eventually kill her. If he isn't dead by turn 5, consider sending in the crooligan to see if that can bait a death.

Thank you, so much good stuff in there. 

I have similiar thoughts, although I think I will play this game really really defensive, as I dont see him scoring if I do. 

If he moves up, going for his weaker model to make scoring inefficient is a good call! I also think Rabble Risers the Forgotten Marshal summons can one be launched at the excorcists and domoderes and possible kill them straight up. Lets see. Ill keep you posted how the game goes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shakyor said:

Hmm okay I am interested to see how this plays out. I have to say, I dont quite see it. I build about as an defensive List as I could think off. How would you go about removing Forgotten Marshal and Toshiro with all my healing/Nurses Bedside Manner/Ashigarus Take the Hit/Probably Nightterror giving concealment. I mean it is not like I will play them frontrow.

She has a lot of reach round 1. Pale Rider can move he almost 7" with ride with me, putting her only 13" from your deployment zone. From there she can walk-leap (12") or walk-walk-leap (17") and attack with the 2" greatsword. So she can attack someone on the front end of your deployment zone with up to 3 attacks on round 1 (stone for leap trigger) with + to the damage flip on these attacks. The Marshal has HTK and HTW, so she would need 3 attacks to kill him with a moderate or crit strike on one of the first two. With his defense 4 she can likely do that. Lady J can hit pretty hard and I would definitely send her in early, but that's just me.  If you are able to summon an ashigaru on the first turn it might help dictate where she goes. She might try to take out the Nurse (she can 1-shot the nurse). 

My point is to watch out for her range and output. Neurotoxins can ruin her day, so the best thing you have to shut her down is the totem! I've done it before in this matchup and it really ruins the guild player's day! 

2 minutes ago, Trample said:

She has a lot of reach round 1. Pale Rider can move he almost 7" with ride with me, putting her only 13" from your deployment zone. From there she can walk-leap (12") or walk-walk-leap (17") and attack with the 2" greatsword. So she can attack someone on the front end of your deployment zone with up to 3 attacks on round 1 (stone for leap trigger) with + to the damage flip on these attacks. The Marshal has HTK and HTW, so she would need 3 attacks to kill him with a moderate or crit strike on one of the first two. With his defense 4 she can likely do that. Lady J can hit pretty hard and I would definitely send her in early, but that's just me.  If you are able to summon an ashigaru on the first turn it might help dictate where she goes. She might try to take out the Nurse (she can 1-shot the nurse). 

My point is to watch out for her range and output. Neurotoxins can ruin her day, so the best thing you have to shut her down is the totem! I've done it before in this matchup and it really ruins the guild player's day! 

All good advice, I don't know Lady J at all!

One thing I'll emphasise is if Lady J goes that aggressive and fails to kill Molly, don't forget that Molly should do 6-9 irreducible damage to her a round. She should be dead pretty quick!

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One thing I'll emphasise is if Lady J goes that aggressive and fails to kill Molly, don't forget that Molly should do 6-9 irreducible damage to her a round. She should be dead pretty quick!

Lady J does die pretty quickly in a lot of games. She does have WP 7, so Molly has a bit of an uphill battle there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trample said:

Wow super cool, thank you for that perspective. 

In my Mind, as long as I get one summon before that, this is a losing play for the guild player (if I cleverly used distances and ranges as you said!!!). But I am super interested to see how it will play out. 

Battle report:

My list:  Reva - 2ss

• Reva w/KI + Candles          
  • Dead Rider
  • Wanyudo
  • Draugr w/GST
  • Shieldbearer w/GST
  • Restless Spirit
  • Vincent

Kaeris- 8ss?

• Kaeris + Flame
  • Firestarter
  • Elijah
  • Fire Golem
  • Firebranded x 2 both with Magical Training
  • Fire Gamin

Outcome and schemes I took: We called it at the end of turn 3 at 4-2, though I was 99% sure I coulda got all 8 vp that game! My schemes were Hidden Martyrs( Wanyudo+ Shield) and LYM.

Summary of how it went: Right from the start, I was aggressive and made sure I got as much use out of Dead Rider and Draugr as they kept Kaeris, Elijah, Totem, Firestarter and Gamin tied up, and they both died turn 3. Reva was Reva and murdered a Firebranded turn 1 and RJ the Fire Golem. Needless to say, this game went down hill immediately for my opponent and felt honestly one sided, even though he had killed alot of my stuff. All in all, it felt like there was no where to hide from all the attack points I set up, and I loved it :P

Things I would do differently: Honestly, short of changing my activation order a bit and set up my deployment a bit differently, I think that game went as intended for me and was a great first Reva game :3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

Battle report:

• Reva w/KI + Candles          
  • Dead Rider
  • Wanyudo
  • Draugr w/GST
  • Shieldbearer w/GST
  • Restless Spirit
  • Vincent

Kaeris- 8ss?

• Kaeris + Flame
  • Firestarter
  • Elijah
  • Fire Golem
  • Fire Gamin

Outcome and schemes I took: We called it at the end of turn 3 at 4-2, though I was 99% sure I coulda got all 8 vp that game! My schemes were Hidden Martyrs( Wanyudo+ Shield) and LYM.

Summary of how it went: Right from the start, I was aggressive and made sure I got as much use out of Dead Rider and Draugr as they kept Kaeris, Elijah, Totem, Firestarter and Gamin tied up, and they both died turn 3. Reva was Reva and murdered a Firebranded turn 1 and RJ the Fire Golem. Needless to say, this game went down hill immediately for my opponent and felt honestly one sided, even though he had killed alot of my stuff. All in all, it felt like there was no where to hide from all the attack points I set up, and I loved it :P

Things I would do differently: Honestly, short of changing my activation order a bit and set up my deployment a bit differently, I think that game went as intended for me and was a great first Reva game :3

Uff that Kaeris list was terrible to play vs Reva. 

• Kaeris + Eternal Flame
  • Elijah
  • Fire Golem
  • Firebranded + Magical Training
  • Arcane Effigy
  • Iggy
  • Envy
  • 6ss

Something like that, and specially with you having only 2ss to protect Reva and Vincent and everything could have gone downside quite easily. The Draugr is a great addition, to steal that burning from the Golem and hit him with it. After that is mostly activation control. Also Fitzsimmons or even the Captain would have been decent picks against Reva. I'm glad that you manage, since Kaeris is not usually a good match-up, since most of your models will be burning, with injured +1 at least, which puts Kaeris in a nice 3/4/6 damage track. Enough to kill most of your models in a single activation.

On 6/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, Shakyor said:

Okay Lists are in, in the end I was unhappy with Asura and changed her plus the whisper on the forgotten for an Carrion Emissary, for more killing power and more reliable zombie generation. 

So my final List:
Molly + Necrotic

Toshiro

Forgotten Marshal

Archie

Carrion Emissary

Nurse 

Crooligan

3SS

His List: 
Lady Justice with Lead Coat + Scales

Pale Rider

The Jury

2 * Domador

2 * Excorcist

We are gonna play tommorow. So how would you guys play this? What Schemes do you think he is gonna pick? What Schemes should I pick?

One thing is sure to me, with so much shooting, first summon will be Night Terror and Carrion Emissary is gonna create some cover :D

Good thing for you, he's not bringing the Judge, that's a huge mistake on his side. Also, he's bringing a small soulstone cache, so Lady Justice won't get attacks extra from the leap or she won't be alive for long, so she should be your priority in turn 2. Also, the range is going to be quite short for his shooting (8" the Decay from the Domadores and 10" the Crossbow of the Exorcists), but watch out for those Command Corpse, that he's going to try to make your own models hit each other from 12" away, specially watch out that Nurse hitting your own models to give them stunned.

Not having The Whisper and only 3ss, Toshiro and the Forgotten Marshall are going to be fighting for the high crows. Care with Archie, he's bad vs Marshall, since they have a lot of Ruthless models and the Exorcists ignore HtW, so kill them once they get close. Once there is a corpse in the table, summon an Ashigaru as soon as possible, so the Exorcists won't use it to heal (and also when LJ kills someone, the victim doesn't drop any markers). If I were your opponent, I would use most of the fate tokens from the Rider to put a bunch of Injured in the model I want to kill that turn with LJ or to give Staggered to the Emissary, so he can't come close enough to put the blasts easily, since the triggers for Revel in Conflict are not good for his list.

14 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

Battle report:

• Reva w/KI + Candles          
  • Dead Rider
  • Wanyudo
  • Draugr w/GST
  • Shieldbearer w/GST
  • Restless Spirit
  • Vincent

Kaeris- 8ss?

• Kaeris + Flame
  • Firestarter
  • Elijah
  • Fire Golem
  • Fire Gamin

Super cool! Glad you i did so well. 

Sounds like you played it really well. The only thing I wonder - how did Vincent do? Againt Kaeris he seems like a weak link to me. 

6 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Uff that Kaeris list was terrible to play vs Reva. 

• Kaeris + Eternal Flame
  • Elijah
  • Fire Golem
  • Firebranded + Magical Training
  • Arcane Effigy
  • Iggy
  • Envy
  • 6ss

Something like that, and specially with you having only 2ss to protect Reva and Vincent and everything could have gone downside quite easily. The Draugr is a great addition, to steal that burning from the Golem and hit him with it. After that is mostly activation control. Also Fitzsimmons or even the Captain would have been decent picks against Reva. I'm glad that you manage, since Kaeris is not usually a good match-up, since most of your models will be burning, with injured +1 at least, which puts Kaeris in a nice 3/4/6 damage track. Enough to kill most of your models in a single activation.

Interesting that you say that. I have never ever lost with Reva against Kaeris and honestly the matchup feels one sided to me from the Reva perspective. I just can use his burning more efficiently than he can in most of my games. Also Revas Bonus Action suddenly is super duper great. 

Although I agree that this is too little Soulstones and Vincent seems like an odd choice against Kaeris. 

5 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Good thing for you, he's not bringing the Judge, that's a huge mistake on his side. Also, he's bringing a small soulstone cache, so Lady Justice won't get attacks extra from the leap or she won't be alive for long, so she should be your priority in turn 2. Also, the range is going to be quite short for his shooting (8" the Decay from the Domadores and 10" the Crossbow of the Exorcists), but watch out for those Command Corpse, that he's going to try to make your own models hit each other from 12" away, specially watch out that Nurse hitting your own models to give them stunned.

Not having The Whisper and only 3ss, Toshiro and the Forgotten Marshall are going to be fighting for the high crows. Care with Archie, he's bad vs Marshall, since they have a lot of Ruthless models and the Exorcists ignore HtW, so kill them once they get close. Once there is a corpse in the table, summon an Ashigaru as soon as possible, so the Exorcists won't use it to heal (and also when LJ kills someone, the victim doesn't drop any markers). If I were your opponent, I would use most of the fate tokens from the Rider to put a bunch of Injured in the model I want to kill that turn with LJ or to give Staggered to the Emissary, so he can't come close enough to put the blasts easily, since the triggers for Revel in Conflict are not good for his list.

Yeah I also told him that the Judge would have been great. His reponse was that he is too immobile and not tanky enough for his cost. Which I kind off agree with, as Lady J really has few movement tricks. The Pale Rider can move both him and her. 

My list - I think - underwent quite a bit of tinkering and it is not quite obvious how it plays. So corpse Markers come from the emissary, and Molly finds the cards for toshiro and forgotten Marshal, whereas I try to time everything so the Nurse can use tools for the job to cycle the summon cards if I need too. I also disagree about Archie being bad versus Marshal. Nothing except for Lady J can take him if I play him as a flanker - and she cant be everywhere. I also need to play him as a flanker, since I can have him around to be obeyed. 

Your Comment about the pale Rider is spot on - he felt really awkawrd and could really do much. Also the shooting was not nearly as bad as I anticipated for the reasons you stated. The Range is kind of mediocre, they are quite vulnerable when they go into shooting position and it is very action intensive for them to get into position.

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@Shakyor did you already play then? You won I take it?

Yeah - was about to write a report. So I won really really hard. It was kind of nice, but I also felt kind of bad. 

Anyway, what was so nice that I felt that all the prep we did payed really off. So my idea of having a tanky pulk of models worked great. The Nurse and the Ashigarus distrubiting hits accros my models really was impossible for him to deal with. He also had a really hard time bringing his models into position against me. 

After Lady J did eventually jump in, she killed nothing. Was disabled by poison and necrotic machine and killed withon one round. Mollys 3 irreducible damage really is amazing, especially with the injured from the emissary and the ashigaru. I could use the terrain quite well  and gave him bad obey targets, which also worked really well. 

His Pale Rider was a huge dissapointment I have to say, expected much more form that guy. Archie handled a domodore and an excorcist by himself quite well. The ashigaru and rabble risers were a great thread to his squishier models. (Rabble Risers with Toshiro can quite easily one shot excorcists!). Another Highlight Play of which I was quite proud was seeing the 13 of masks in my hand and keeping it. I activated the Night Terror Last and Charges his model standing by an strategy marker, using the 13 of masks to pull him off it which really messed up his tempo big time. 

Also Archie easily won his flank against an excorcist and domodore. 

So by turn 3 he hadnt scored a single point and had almost no models left. I already had 4 points - so yeha. One of the most one sided games I have had. 

Big learnins: 

- Night Terros awesome. 

- Nurse MVP, her tools for the job can enable multiple summoners. Her Bed Side Manner keeps models alive, she has lots of super efficient actions and combos really well with Ashigarus (Toshiro actually), making her tanky and make it super awkawrd for the opponent to focus down models. 

- Archie still great.

- Ressers can defend really well against Alpha Strike Crews. Makes me wonder if anyone tried this strategy when Shenlong was so dominant against Ressers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Yeah - was about to write a report. So I won really really hard. It was kind of nice, but I also felt kind of bad. 

Anyway, what was so nice that I felt that all the prep we did payed really off. So my idea of having a tanky pulk of models worked great. The Nurse and the Ashigarus distrubiting hits accros my models really was impossible for him to deal with. He also had a really hard time bringing his models into position against me. 

After Lady J did eventually jump in, she killed nothing. Was disabled by poison and necrotic machine and killed withon one round. Mollys 3 irreducible damage really is amazing, especially with the injured from the emissary and the ashigaru. I could use the terrain quite well  and gave him bad obey targets, which also worked really well. 

His Pale Rider was a huge dissapointment I have to say, expected much more form that guy. Archie handled a domodore and an excorcist by himself quite well. The ashigaru and rabble risers were a great thread to his squishier models. (Rabble Risers with Toshiro can quite easily one shot excorcists!). Another Highlight Play of which I was quite proud was seeing the 13 of masks in my hand and keeping it. I activated the Night Terror Last and Charges his model standing by an strategy marker, using the 13 of masks to pull him off it which really messed up his tempo big time. 

Also Archie easily won his flank against an excorcist and domodore. 

So by turn 3 he hadnt scored a single point and had almost no models left. I already had 4 points - so yeha. One of the most one sided games I have had. 

Big learnins: 

- Night Terros awesome. 

- Nurse MVP, her tools for the job can enable multiple summoners. Her Bed Side Manner keeps models alive, she has lots of super efficient actions and combos really well with Ashigarus (Toshiro actually), making her tanky and make it super awkawrd for the opponent to focus down models. 

- Archie still great.

- Ressers can defend really well against Alpha Strike Crews. Makes me wonder if anyone tried this strategy when Shenlong was so dominant against Ressers.

Yeah, when I saw his list I thought "that looks pretty basic, but maybe I don't know his crew."

We do really well against alpha strikes, but Shenlong turned negatives to positives 😜 That said I still wanted to try Ashigaru against him, that'd have really mucked him up. Toshiro is enormously underrated for this reason, in my view.

Sad to learn night terrors are so good. I have to buy them someday xD

No card issues at all, then? How much did you summon? Two models a turn?

41 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, when I saw his list I thought "that looks pretty basic, but maybe I don't know his crew."

We do really well against alpha strikes, but Shenlong turned negatives to positives 😜 That said I still wanted to try Ashigaru against him, that'd have really mucked him up. Toshiro is enormously underrated for this reason, in my view.

Sad to learn night terrors are so good. I have to buy them someday xD

No card issues at all, then? How much did you summon? Two models a turn?

Yeah - if you remeber our Grave Golem Discussion. This is basically why I think the grave golem is fine, but love toshiro. I too think he is criminally underplayed an there is no resser master I would not play him in. With the possible exception of Jack Daw. But I could see him there as well. 

Yeah - if it makes you feel better - I proxied the night terror with nicodems vulture. 

And yes I had plenty of card issues. Molly/Nurse Combo did impress me though. But in general I believe that if a crew does not feel like its struggling with ressources, it is likely undertuned. Crew did definitely feel like taking a WW1 tank to bumper cars though. I absolutely crashed, but the whole thing was shaking, the engine made horrible noises and I was worried about the whole thing breaking down and exploding in my face :D 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Also Riders in general can be extremely disappointing. They are mobile enough to get themselves into trouble, and die fast enough that this is a problem.

But in my experience, they're devastating when played well.

Curious if pale rider is actually bad.

Well Dead Rider is super super strong and great (I especially love his displacement - much more than this bonus action). That being said, I can see the pale rider being good. But this matchup seemed not for him. His bonus action was not really that relevant to his crew and I did not care about his stagger at all. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Well Dead Rider is super super strong and great (I especially love his displacement - much more than this bonus action). That being said, I can see the pale rider being good. But this matchup seemed not for him. His bonus action was not really that relevant to his crew and I did not care about his stagger at all. 

Did he at least try to back-to-back the 2 irreducible damage pulse with it? Could have wrecked your Ashigaru bubble turns 3/4 (or 2/3 if he is clever with card usage).

1 hour ago, Shakyor said:

Yeah - was about to write a report. So I won really really hard. 

Which schemes did you end up taking?

I feel like your list was excellent because it had a clear strategic victory condition while having enough flexibility with the summons to pivot reasonably well. 

Do you feel like your opponent played into your plan? If you were the Guild player with these lists/situation how would you have tried to play against your crew?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stumpyfjord said:

Which schemes did you end up taking?

I feel like your list was excellent because it had a clear strategic victory condition while having enough flexibility with the summons to pivot reasonably well. 

Do you feel like your opponent played into your plan? If you were the Guild player with these lists/situation how would you have tried to play against your crew?

Lay your Mark and Breakthrough. 

Thanks man! 

Considering the opponents side of things is always great, I like it. My opponent and me had this exact conversation after the game. So I think you already hit the nail on the head, he totally played into my very telegraphed game plan. He should have realized that my list has no way of being proactive, but that it is totally overtuned on being reactive. 

Instead of running against my defensive composite armor, he should have send lady j on the other side of the field to kill archie and claim a flank by herself. I have pretty much no way of stopping this. I agree with @Maniacal_cackle that probably, secretly, breakthrough was his best choice. After claiming a flank lady j could have scored breakthrough pretty much by herself and killed anyone to try and stop her. 

After this the rest of his crew only needs to worry about getting strategy and using the obeys to disrupt me. Using Obeys to make me pass the loadstone stupidly is especially evil. After that he should have probably taken hidden matyrs and force me to let him score at least one point. 

Could have made a very hard game for me. 

(In general I often feel the best way to play against summoning heavy crews is to try and avoid the fight.)