Ressers community pool: Number 1!

This thread is for all ressers: master and newbie alike! In this thread we'll all come together to discuss a scheme pool. Ideally some of us will even get to play it!

Pool 1: Standard Corrupted Leylines

• Corrupted Leylines - Standard Deployment
    • 1 Breakthrough
    • 2 Take Prisoner
    • 4 Assassinate
    • 6 Hidden Martyrs
    • 10 Leave your Mark

How to participate:

Just post! You can post theorycraft about what master or list you'd take into this pool, or you can post a list you want to take into this pool seeking advice, or a battle report of actually playing the pool.

If you're not confident posting, I'll slap some templates here that you can steal to make a reply. These are just suggestions, though!

Theorycraft:

I think <X, Y, or Z> would be good because <reason>.

List seeking advice:

I am thinking of taking this list or master:

I will be up against <faction or master opponent declared> (if known).

I own: <list models or crews>.

I think this list will work because <reason>, or I want to try this list because <reason>.

Battle report:

My list:

Opponents master (or list if you have their whole list)

Outcome and schemes I took:

Summary of how it went:

Things I would do differently:

Masters that stand out to me in this pool (which incidentally are the four masters I plan to own 😜 )

Yan Lo

I haven't played Yan Lo yet, but seems like he could go for a 'take the centre' approach to score at least three points off of leylines. That leaves Leave Your Mark, Assassinate, and Take Prisoner (with Yin) with solid scoring options.

By the same token, Yan would be denying the mid and could play a game dedicated to never crossing the centre line (except maybe for that last point). A strong turtling strategy could pay off here.

McMourning

Same as Yan Lo, really. I haven't played much McMourning but could pull off a solid turtle. Could set up an epic turtle + mid strategy here. Take prisoner is trickier, but can always OOK Yin.

Reva

Between Wanyudo, Lampads, and Reva, should be possible to set up pretty aggressively for the lodestones. Shieldbearers are a dream come true for knocking enemy lodestone carriers out of position. So this crew could go very hard on the strategy.

The schemes seem a bit trickier, but Breakthrough is an easy one pointer. Assassinate is definitely a possibility in some matchups. Leave your mark is possible with 'turret' vincent st. clair providing cover fire for the centre. Yin for prisoner, etc.

Molly

I may be biased, but feel like Molly can handle basically any scheme pool (though not necessarily any master). Here she could take the centre pretty hard - both grave golem and Philip and the Nanny are appealing options there.

Assassinate is a lot easier when you can take Archie, Manos, Dead Rider and have cards to spare.

Breakthrough is a cake walk for Molly, as is Leave your Mark. Scheme markers in general are her jam.

Hidden martyrs I've always wanted to try with Archie and a crooligan, so definitely a consideration as well.

@Wyamphri will hopefully play this pool with Reva, so I might try to tackle it with Molly.

• Like 1

Von Schtook all the way here. 

With leylines, I love the Student of Viscera with Killer Instinct. He has a base move of 5 with unimpeded, but he also has rush for +2" movement on the charge. He has ambush for an additional 3" of movement every turn with his free action. He also has constriction which, based on the wording, works both offensively and defensively, so he can get out of engagement pretty easily. Although edge-case, he also has a trigger on his tactical action that pushes enemies. The Killer Instinct upgrade also gives him Deadly Pursuit, so he can move 4" during the end phase to get back in contact with the strategy marker if he needs to do so. All of those things are awesome for ley lines. 

The professor's crew has a lot of pushes (Von Schtook and Undergraduate) and the ability to increase movement (Assistant and Emissary), so the Student can be a move 6 or 7. The Student of Viscera can start turn one by taking a strategy marker on their side of the board and work backwards from there. 

Turn one the Valedictorian (who will be fast from the Professor) can dive bomb the enemy carrier and bring an Undergraduate in as cavalry and put them on their back foot from the beginning. I also like the Emissary in the crew to throw out coffin markers to gum up the works and mindless zombies to engage the enemy carrier. 

This crew can do any of the schemes. With standard I would probably have a necropunk do breakthrough and pick your favorite from the rest. His crew should be able to do any of them although you probably have the most control over Take Prisoner. 

Unless your opponent rolls you up in this one, you should be able to score a lot of points here (6+). I suppose a scheme marker-eating crew could prevent breakthrough, but the Professor can drop them pretty darn easily too. 

• Like 1

@Trample great insights into a crew I really want to pickup when the Valedictorian is finally available!

I hadn't quite clicked how many pushes the crew has, but you're right, it makes it super promising for Leylines!

One worry I'd have is valedictorian will typically kill her target (freeing up the lodestone to move to another model). Would it be worth a second student of viscera to just shut down whoever is carrying the lodestone?

Okay so maybe I am biased, but I also agree that Von Schtook would be excellent in this strategy, and I can see 2 ways to go for. One is the passive zone control gameplay i love promoting with him. Basically go passive, the lodestones force the opponent to come way to close to you, than hit them hard. Toshiro could be great here as well for controlling the center. 

Dependent on enemy master, especially if he picks a weaker scheme-y crew though I could here so going full break their back. Go:

Valedictorian

Carrion Emissary

2*Student of Viscera one with appriopriate Upgrade 

1 Source of Blas Ritual as Core (most likely through going GST for the Viscera Upgrade). 

This allows you to basically send a Valedictorian (fast) and 2 Students of Viscera (1 fast) all with 2 Focus into the enemy crew turn 1. This is just a brutal killing scapel which hits my opponents really unprepared when I use it. People talk about how great the Val is, but the Visceras are basically a little weaker versions of him. They are so so good. Also they work super well together since the Visceras have built in Injury triggers, which really helps with ensuring the Val getting that T1 Summon when going in after the two Students.

You might not get much points from strategy, but it will be super hard for them to get the ball going quite literally. You win efficiently through schemes by killing models and placing scheme markers in that huge deployment zone. All of the schemes are good for this List, depending on what the opponent brings. The last 12 SS you spend depending on what gameplan you wanna pursue - i see most likely though:

1-2 * Combination of Undergraduates/Necro Punks depending on how many SS you feel you need. 

1 Gravedigger if you need Rutheless or Whisper on the Viscera. For example against Zoraida I would actually pick a Grave Digger and put 2 Whispers on both my Visceras so he cant really obey them. 

The interesting question in my mind is who gets the loadstone. You could give it to your backfield but this might make them to late for supporting your alpha strikers. Maybe actually give it to a Student of Viscera and start getting points of his Load stones early. 

I totally agree with Maniacal on Yan Lo (Izamu cant be obeyed away from Loadstones, Yin is great for Take Prisoner, Qi Yiang has dont mind me for passing the ball) and Molly is basically perfect for taking the scheme victory. What list would you feature here Maniacal? I would also like to add Seamus though, he is one of my goto guys for corrupted ley lines. He is just so mobile and could put so much hurt on those who need hurting before they score points. 

What I usually find missing in these kind of posts is the crucial part of considering your opponent. So I am gonna play this strategy monday, opponent has declared Guild. So what would you play if your opponent has Guild? What do you expect?

Right I am thinking Lucius or Nellie on his part? But having played to much Guild yet actually. Against both I think my Von Schtook Strategy could be great, but I am a little afraid if he goes for a turtle strategy as maniacal suggested and I end up facing Hofmann , Dashel or Lady Justice because Undead. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

What I usually find missing in these kind of posts is the crucial part of considering your opponent. So I am gonna play this strategy monday, opponent has declared Guild. So what would you play if your opponent has Guild? What do you expect?

Right I am thinking Lucius or Nellie on his part? But having played to much Guild yet actually. Against both I think my Von Schtook Strategy could be great, but I am a little afraid if he goes for a turtle strategy as maniacal suggested and I end up facing Hofmann , Dashel or Lady Justice because Undead. 

That's one of the reasons I'm hoping we can all play the same scheme pool. It'll introduce a whole lot of specific considerations.

I don't know too much about guild, but I'd expect a fair bit of shooting or funky manipulation (like Lucius obeys or Nellie shenanigans). High willpower seems like a good route? Please report back if you do play, would love to hear what you end up deciding! Or if you know what your opponent is declaring, we can read up on that crew (we usually declare masters in advance of playing at my club).

If worried about obeys, consider a Night Terror OOK if you own them. It will give concealment to your lodestone carrier, and can act as a good protector.

21 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Molly is basically perfect for taking the scheme victory. What list would you feature here Maniacal?

I'd either go for activation control + snagging leylines, or go hard on turtling.

Activation control + snagging leylines:

• Molly + machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Philip and the nanny (possibly with GST).
  • Archie or Manos
  • Crooligan
  • Rabble Riser
  • 5+ stones.

That'd be my core, I think. Rabble riser supercharges Philip and the Nanny with plenty of focus (should be easy to stack 4 focus on P&N turn one), which is very strong defensive tech. P&N carries the lodestone (with one trigger can move 19" in a turn, and deadly pursuit helps reset any pushes off the lodestone). I usually take three or less stones, but would need a few more for P&N's triggers. Dead Rider is a solid backup lodestone carrier.

Turtling:

• Molly + machine
  • Toshiro
  • Grave golem
  • Gravedigger
  • Philip and the Nanny
  • Yin
  • Crooligan

Maybe? I've never played a Molly game without Archie, but this would have all the strongest elements of turtling (grave golem + toshiro), and the grave digger simultaneously enables them both (not that you really need a grave digger for grave golem). P&N gives a solid option for lodestone carrying, and the crooligan gives some good scheming and activation control and extra reach if P&N can't quite get in position. Yin gives you take prisoner (bonus points if it is on a lodestone carrier). Assassinate is basically impossible against Molly with Toshiro, so no worries about the opponent scoring that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, unti said:

Hey, Love the idea of this

Maniacal: you said you will be playing this next week, do you know what faction you will be facing? 

I always try to let this info influence my master decision...

Not even sure which player I'll be facing! Likely Outcast/Ressers/Neverborn. Will base my list partially on opponent, but also don't own *that* many models.

Will post an update with the actual game if it happens!

2 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

Alright, talking to my regular opponent, I think hes playing Kaeris lol so knowing that I'm playing Reva, what schemes would be the most feasible? I was thinking Hidden martyrs, since my stuff is likely to die, and LYM, as it should be easy to accomplish.

Neat! I've been wondering about the Reva vs. Kaeris matchup!

Assassinate may be doable, but that armor+1 on Kaeris hurts. Take Prisoner should be quite doable if you want to snag Yin or similar. Breakthrough should be doable, Kaeris isn't that great at defending a standard deployment zone I think - she'd rather be aggressive than defending. Hidden martyrs - takes some mind games, but if you think you can set it up go for it! Keen to hear how it went. Leave your mark seems compatible with Reva, especially if you take grave golem to really dominate the centre.

So perhaps any two schemes other than assassinate (and avoid take prisoner if you haven't got good models for it).

Just my two cents, haven't played the matchup but we had a Kaeris player for a while.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that Archie and Bone Piles are good in this matchup for burning immunity!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If worried about obeys, consider a Night Terror OOK if you own them. It will give concealment to your lodestone carrier, and can act as a good protector.

Ok this is why I love this thread already honestly, I dont know why , but I never considered this! I always wished I am playing Yan Lo against Zoraida und Collodi for the conceal now the OOK Night Terrors will come in this matchup!

Activation control + snagging leylines:

• Molly + machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Philip and the nanny (possibly with GST).
  • Archie or Manos
  • Crooligan
  • Rabble Riser
  • 5+ stones.

Okay so I really like this, but I am not actually that experienced with Molly and want to take this oppertunity to learn if you dont mind. So Lets say you take Manos, your crooligan can only jump to Molly and P&N right? Is that enough? 

Also is it not often better to try and go for the Forgotten Marshal for one point extra over directly going for a Rabble Riser? Or have you made bad experiences doing that? Molly seems to have the Card Pool to support his summoning. That being said, I dont think I have ever seen the Rabble Riser picked in beginning lists. I always thought he was much better than his reputation though.

Turtling:

• Molly + machine
  • Toshiro
  • Grave golem
  • Gravedigger
  • Philip and the Nanny
  • Yin
  • Crooligan

Maybe? I've never played a Molly game without Archie, but this would have all the strongest elements of turtling (grave golem + toshiro), and the grave digger simultaneously enables them both (not that you really need a grave digger for grave golem). P&N gives a solid option for lodestone carrying, and the crooligan gives some good scheming and activation control and extra reach if P&N can't quite get in position. Yin gives you take prisoner (bonus points if it is on a lodestone carrier). Assassinate is basically impossible against Molly with Toshiro, so no worries about the opponent scoring that.

So I really dont like this list. There is several problems I am having, but maybe you can show me what I dont see. First P&N seem really out of place, I dont think he is the best model to begin with, but to play him I think you at least need to abuse his fading. Here he can only do disctracted from Molly.

Secondly I think in Forgotten I like Mortimer much much more than Gravedigger, since you run so much Undead (Molly herself is undead!) and can move your entire crew with fresh meat. That being said Blas Ritual is Great. 

Lastly, I dont think the pool screams center control that much, but this depends on enemy crew. I mean Grave Golem and Toshiro are certainly a nightmare in the middle. But wouldnt replacing one for forgotten marshal be better here as well?

Lastly I dont dont really get why Molly as Leader for this Crew, this seems like an excellent Seamus or Yan Lo Crew to me!

2 hours ago, Wyamphri said:

Alright, talking to my regular opponent, I think hes playing Kaeris lol so knowing that I'm playing Reva, what schemes would be the most feasible? I was thinking Hidden martyrs, since my stuff is likely to die, and LYM, as it should be easy to accomplish.

Nice I really really like that Matchup! 

So you want definitel want healing and condition removal, so I would really consider Bone Piles in this matchup. But Nurses can be great too!

For specific tech picks: 

If you are worried about the flame golem, here is actually a niche for the draugr to remove that burning from him! But maybe overkill if you run condition removal. 

If you are worried he brings a lot of versatile/ook armor and mechs consider Student of Steel OOK. He is great against a lot of arcanists!

• Like 1

Okay guys, kind of mad at myself. I knew going into guild that I could beat Lady J in this pool with Seamus or Von Schtook, but you guys inspired me and I decided to declare Molly. 

Now what? Help! :D

The implication is interesting though, I wonder if playing optimially you simply cannot declare Undead Heavy Factions as Ressers against Guild. I actually think picking phase is where I can still become much much better at the game, especially as Ressers who are blessed with pretty much no weak masters. 

2 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Ok this is why I love this thread already honestly, I dont know why , but I never considered this! I always wished I am playing Yan Lo against Zoraida und Collodi for the conceal now the OOK Night Terrors will come in this matchup!

:) Glad it helped!

3 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Okay so I really like this, but I am not actually that experienced with Molly and want to take this oppertunity to learn if you dont mind. So Lets say you take Manos, your crooligan can only jump to Molly and P&N right? Is that enough? 

I'm still in the experimental stage for whether or not Manos can swap for Archie, but you're forgetting the Necrotic Machine. Coupled with Dead Rider, Necrotic Machine is a fantastic crooligan beacon. And of course Philip and the Nanny moves 14" by default (and I recently realised it is REALLY easy to make them move 19" in a turn even without night terrors).

I've had games where a necrotic machine went up a flank, and the opponent sent something small to tie it up, and the crooligan just teleported and stabbed it to death. Crooligans are fantastic assassins, typically hitting for 3 per attack. So it is a potent package!

6 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Also is it not often better to try and go for the Forgotten Marshal for one point extra over directly going for a Rabble Riser? Or have you made bad experiences doing that? Molly seems to have the Card Pool to support his summoning. That being said, I dont think I have ever seen the Rabble Riser picked in beginning lists. I always thought he was much better than his reputation though.

Quite possibly better, but I don't own Forgotten Marshal 😜

That said, there's something to be said for having immediate access to the rabble riser (since his core function is to give focus to P&N on turn 1). There's also some merit to not having summons in an activation control list for maximum pass-token advantage. But I'd have to test it out if I get the marshal (it's currently 6-7 boxes down on my purchasing wish list).

10 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

So I really dont like this list. There is several problems I am having, but maybe you can show me what I dont see. First P&N seem really out of place, I dont think he is the best model to begin with, but to play him I think you at least need to abuse his fading. Here he can only do disctracted from Molly.

Secondly I think in Forgotten I like Mortimer much much more than Gravedigger, since you run so much Undead (Molly herself is undead!) and can move your entire crew with fresh meat. That being said Blas Ritual is Great. 

Lastly, I dont think the pool screams center control that much, but this depends on enemy crew. I mean Grave Golem and Toshiro are certainly a nightmare in the middle. But wouldnt replacing one for forgotten marshal be better here as well?

Lastly I dont dont really get why Molly as Leader for this Crew, this seems like an excellent Seamus or Yan Lo Crew to me!

This list is completely experimental for me, so it could be bad! One major reason I'm taking Molly is I essentially own Molly + Reva, so it is kind of her by default.

That said, her massive card draw and other support abilities really help boost a crew like this. The crew does lots of cool things on its own, but is a bit card hungry. Molly makes up for that and then does some cool stuff herself. Seamus for example eats several useful cards rather than generating cards, so does better backed up by more support models IMO.

Gravedigger- I do love blasphemous ritual, but againit is a case of what I own. I don't own Mortimer! One thing in favour of the gravedigger is it is way more maneuverable, and Mortimer doesn't boost everything (grave golem, necrotic machine, etc).

Yeah, it isn't as centre-controlly as some, but I would like to experiment with playing heavy defense (especially since Ashigaru and Yin can all peel enemy models off the markers).

5 minutes ago, Shakyor said:

Okay guys, kind of mad at myself. I knew going into guild that I could beat Lady J in this pool with Seamus or Von Schtook, but you guys inspired me and I decided to declare Molly. 

Now what? Help! :D

The implication is interesting though, I wonder if playing optimially you simply cannot declare Undead Heavy Factions as Ressers against Guild. I actually think picking phase is where I can still become much much better at the game, especially as Ressers who are blessed with pretty much no weak masters. 

I'm not too familiar with Lady J. What are the key abilities that are the problem? I'll go read them :)

Yeah, hopefully it is Kaeris(we like to mind game each other xD) as I've been curious about the match up myself. I do own most resser stuff Ook and versatile that are taken regularly but I dont have Anna, students, gravedigger, and grave golem, so we'll see. 

I was thinking Waynudo and Draugur could be good here at shedding off extra burning and bringing some pain. 

As for Lady J, honestly, as much as undead hate as she has, it's not as bad as it sounds, but her damage will be there, so be careful and always kill Domindores or however ya spell em. They tend to heal alot and are what often keep the crew up.  Oh, and watch out for undead obeys!

After reading Lady J and Marshal crew, there's some rough stuff there! But really mainly a few things stick out:

• The Jury's "Into Dust" trigger means you should probably have a few extra soulstones than you normally would have (maybee 5 instead of a base 1-3).
  • The Judge's "Crumble Away" ability could two shot Molly, but thankfully it is a bonus action.
    • Night terrors could help by providing concealment, or Ashigaru could Take the Hit.
  • Watch out for adversary (especially on Molly!)

You could go pretty hard on defense, but I also wonder if a good offense is the best bet. Killing the key pieces may really free you to deal with the game!

7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Neat! I've been wondering about the Reva vs. Kaeris matchup!

Assassinate may be doable, but that armor+1 on Kaeris hurts. Take Prisoner should be quite doable if you want to snag Yin or similar. Breakthrough should be doable, Kaeris isn't that great at defending a standard deployment zone I think - she'd rather be aggressive than defending. Hidden martyrs - takes some mind games, but if you think you can set it up go for it! Keen to hear how it went. Leave your mark seems compatible with Reva, especially if you take grave golem to really dominate the centre.

So perhaps any two schemes other than assassinate (and avoid take prisoner if you haven't got good models for it).

Just my two cents, haven't played the matchup but we had a Kaeris player for a while.

EDIT: Worth mentioning that Archie and Bone Piles are good in this matchup for burning immunity!

FYI - I played Reva into Kaeris last weekend in my first live table game in 3 months! We drew 5-5 in Recover Evidence, but it was a bloodbath game. Kaeris was happy to give out injured +1000 to all of my models from the pyre markers, but we discussed it after the game that it ultimately wasn't that impactful. The shielded generally cancelled it out then some. Plus it did cause him to think twice about pushing pyre markers into my models as half of them were immune to burning or he was giving me a resource to use for plus flips. And while the shielding stacking is great each time, there are significant diminishing returns for injured as he's already going to hit. Injured 3 doesn't help that much when my model probably has shielded 3. The trick is to kill Borgman first as he's pretty nasty. We have lots of tricks to draw off burning and I was able to extinguish his Burning 6 Fire Golem with 2 Draugr 🙂

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 8:00 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

This thread is for all ressers: master and newbie alike! In this thread we'll all come together to discuss a scheme pool. Ideally some of us will even get to play it!

Pool 1: Standard Corrupted Leylines

• Corrupted Leylines - Standard Deployment
    • 1 Breakthrough
    • 2 Take Prisoner
    • 4 Assassinate
    • 6 Hidden Martyrs
    • 10 Leave your Mark

I have never played Von Schtook so will defer to others for his prowess there.

Any time I see leylines I am definitely reaching for Reva first and then open to being talked out of it based on the scheme pool. In this case though I still like her very much. I generally avoid take prisoner b/c it's a pain to set up, but the other 4 schemes are quite achievable based on what my opponent selects. 

My initial thoughts on a general list would be

Reva plus KI, 2cc, Wanyudo, Restless Spirit, Dead Rider, and some combination of Draugr and Shieldbearers, possibly with GST. I don't rate the Lampads unless it's a different strategy and your opponent is also using pyre markers. 

Hidden Martyers is easy by launching Draugr up the board and keeping the Shieldbearers back until late game. Especially with assassinate on the board they are going to be gunning for Reva anyways. Leave your Mark and Breakthrough should be at least one VP easy with Wanyudo. and the Rider can always threaten it too with his mobility although I'd rather be beating something up.

I think my VP cap would be 3-4 from Leylines, and 2-3 from the schemes. Obviously it depends on what my opponent brings

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shakyor said:

Also is it not often better to try and go for the Forgotten Marshal for one point extra over directly going for a Rabble Riser?

His summoning is very swingy, even with Molly's card draw. I've gone entire games with no summons and most with one small summons. It's great if you get it, but not reliable enough to count on. I wish he had his old mechanic of bouncing around the table and summoning when he dies instead.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

After reading Lady J and Marshal crew, there's some rough stuff there! But really mainly a few things stick out:

• The Jury's "Into Dust" trigger means you should probably have a few extra soulstones than you normally would have (maybee 5 instead of a base 1-3).
  • The Judge's "Crumble Away" ability could two shot Molly, but thankfully it is a bonus action.
    • Night terrors could help by providing concealment, or Ashigaru could Take the Hit.
  • Watch out for adversary (especially on Molly!)

You could go pretty hard on defense, but I also wonder if a good offense is the best bet. Killing the key pieces may really free you to deal with the game!

So you are right and I tried to imagine this thread in the guild forum, a lady j player seeking advice against molly. So i do not know if this is true, but I guess they would try to tell him to go for undead obeys for the big beaters and fuck my shit up with Judge, Jury and Lady J. Against Molly anything involving scheme markers is probably not doable, especially since harness the laylines is really really action intensive. So my guess is he is gonna take Assasinate and maybe(?) Hidden Martyers or Breakthrough.

So right now I have to lists in my mind, one is just denial and winning on the score board. 

The other is more interesting, but I am not yet happy with it. The gameplan is basically to play the first 2 rounds in my side, let him come, build up in strength and deny him as much as possible. Round 3-4 I ll start blitzing his deployment zone with which he hopefully wont be able to keep up. So immediatly my mind goes to summoning and healing. Summoning Makes his obeys really mediocre, especially if i also summon a night terror. Lots of healing is excellent and especially probably prevents Assasinate. Especially in conjuction with Ashigarus who can take the hit for molly. 

So right now I have on list in mind, but I dont really like it, as a sort of first draft:

Molly/Necrotic Machine - Well gotta take those. 

Sloth - Bayd Obey Target, Super Efficient Heal, his Aura seems great against killing my stuff healing shennanigans. 

Asura Roten - So I am probably not gonna have the cards to do to much summoning with her, but I still thinks she is great. Lots of little stuff dying will give her healing power. And I really value her decaying your own minions for healing them and putting hurt and injury on opponent. Can also command my Zombies. If I get Zombies, using them for placing Scheme Markers for Lay your Mark and passing the Loadstone seems great. That being said I think I am gonna cut her, because I am just not gonna have the cards or stones to really make her work. Love her though, especially in harness the layline

Toshiro - So I think he could be really really great. Ashigaru basically make Assasinate pointless, he is a great healer and really action efficient handing out focus/actions/plus flips. 

Forgotten Marshal with Whisper - Again seems great on Harness the Layline, synergizes really well with Toshiro and the healing package. Swingy and Ressource Intensive though. 

Archie - Great Beater, Great Model, will eventually run off and be a scheme runner when people cant get to him any more. Might be too inefficient the first couple of rounds though and give the opponent to juicy of an obey target though. Also with him Molly Bonus action officialy sucks now, giving basicially no one focus. That being said, when to play him when not against Guild. Losing Ruthless really was his biggest weakness in my opinion, but against lady j i think it is fine. 

Crooligan - Just Good and Annoying, going for breakthrough

3 SS

So this List is not good I know that and probably wont work. But I like the direction. What I would like:

- Corpse Marker Generation for Toshiro

- More Soulstones

- More Healing

- More Mobility/Targets for Mollys Bonus action. 

Specific Models I would really really appreciate: Carrion Effigy (This is the big one, great healing, great aura), Second Crooligan, Mortimer/Gravedigger (provides Corpse Markers, Mobility), Pile of Bones (Great Healing/Damage), Dead Rider

@Shakyor, I assume you mean corrupted ley lines and not harness?

Interesting list! I don't own most of those models and have quite a different playstyle, but will try to share some thoughts.

I haven't considered overloading on summoning (I usually play Molly in a much more aggressive fashion, locking down the board as early as possible, but could work!)

For Obeys, one of the best things you can do is just spread out your crew. Archie can take a flank, and could have another beater take the other flank. Then you don't need to worry about obeys ruining your day.

3 hours ago, Shakyor said:

Asura Roten - So I am probably not gonna have the cards to do to much summoning with her

If you want to have the cards, you can have the cards. It's not uncommon for Molly to see 12-14 cards total if she wants to (but careful not to go overboard).

Some basic card drawing tips:

• Sometimes you can just waste cards to get your hand size down, like cheating on initiative.
  • If they match you and get their card hand size down, make sure to punish them with irreducible damage from Molly.
  • You can use necrotic machine to 'strange behaviour' a few cards into their hand, then discard into Molly to make Molly activate right away and draw a bunch of cards before they can empty their hand.
  • Lost Knowledge is a very easy source of card draw. One combo in particular is:
    • Crooligan drops a scheme marker next to Molly
    • Molly activates, reactivates crooligan, eats scheme marker for two cards, and moves.

Molly + Gravedigger + Toshiro is a pretty brutal backline, you may find you don't actually need much more than that unless the whole enemy crew is smacking you around. Consider a Rogue Necromancy though (Projective vomit + molly's slows can lock down a surprising number of models).

Also be mindful of how you're going to move your lodestone - you can't place with it, so Archie and the Crooligan are quite awkward with it. Although I suppose you can pass it like a football, I've never tried that method, but summoned ashigaru should help.

One thing to note is that Molly/Forgotten are just super efficient in general, so you don't need to worry about going overboard on things.

Defensively, super efficient at bogging enemies down (Molly is hard to kill, several models from the crew can dish out slow and distracted, and the models are generally pretty tanky). Throw in Toshiro and the crew is pretty nuts on defense already.

Offensively, Molly draws so many cards that the beaters of the crew can dish out loads of damage (and Molly herself can hit for 3 irreducible damage at range, or slow AND deal 3 damage pretty easily with focus).

Denial wise, crooligans, Molly, and P&N eat scheme markers super easily.

Mobility wise, Archie and Crooligans (and to some degree, night terrors and P&N) ensure you can get to any part of the board extremely quickly and efficient.

So since everything is so efficient, probably don't need to go overboard on any one aspect (except killing power, can never have too much killing power). As a result, my standard lists tend to be extremely kill oriented. Denial, tanking, and scoring are already built in pretty solidly.

And I think I've just convinced myself to drop Grave Golem from this game if I do play!

• Haha 1

Both Toshiro and the Marshall need high crows (8-10 and 10), so taking both seems restrictive. Asura only needs a 4 of crows though and the emissary has the suit built in, so you can use other cards (providing you have them to spare). Taking both asura and the emissary might butt against the rare limit, but gives you loads of corpse markers to make use of...

So, I think two summoners is doable, but three is going to cause problems.