Build the Resser Community

Shakyor

Hey guys so I love Malifaux and Ressers. A big part for me is community though, so I would love to activate the Resser community more specificially around here. Part of it is that while we do have an active malifaux community around me, I am the only Resser, so cant really engage intelectually with anyone faction specifically. What is content that you would find interesting and engaging.

I was thinking we could maybe try to go for someone recurring discussions. One thing I was considering that we could maybe start discussing specific pools and how we would handle them?

• Agree 1

Ressers forum has always been a bit dead, although has picked up a bit! Covid-19 really put a dent in it, though. We often see an uptick when a new core box is released (like if McMourning or Yan Lo core boxes are announced, we'll see an uptick in interest).

Personally I'd love a pool/what you'd take series every so often. Only problem is my range of models is pretty limited, so I'd only be able to offer "I'd take this variant of Molly or Reva" most of the time.

• Like 1

Well I think we can bring the ressers community to life (hehe). Activity brings activity. 

I actually dont think being new at the game or having a limited crew pool is any problem. Any contributions are cool and theory crafting is fun anyway. 

• Like 1

How about this:

Every week or two we post a new scheme pool. People can theorycraft it or even play it, and we discuss lists for it. I think itd be awesome if we all play the same pools!  Ill post the first one if three or more people approve :)

Plus itll be new player friendly. If people struggle with the pool, they can get help planning, Hopefully therell be help for any master!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

How about this:

Every week or two we post a new scheme pool. People can theorycraft it or even play it, and we discuss lists for it. I think itd be awesome if we all play the same pools!  Ill post the first one if three or more people approve :)

Plus itll be new player friendly. If people struggle with the pool, they can get help planning, Hopefully therell be help for any master!

approved!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

How about this:

Go for it. Always good to have more talk in here. I'm just about done with my 10 games with Molly and I'm not feeling her (maybe I miss her summoning from M2E too much - Lethe's caress doesn't make up for it to me). I need to find another Master to play 10 with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Go for it. Always good to have more talk in here. I'm just about done with my 10 games with Molly and I'm not feeling her (maybe I miss her summoning from M2E too much - Lethe's caress doesn't make up for it to me). I need to find another Master to play 10 with. 

Molly is my absolute favourite, so sorry to hear this! Although the crew is way clunkier after the Archie nerf, so can kind of understand.

Any idea who you'll try next?

31 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Molly is my absolute favourite, so sorry to hear this! Although the crew is way clunkier after the Archie nerf, so can kind of understand.

Any idea who you'll try next?

I might go back to my old favorite Yan Lo, but maybe I'll make myself try someone else. Molly just isn't clicking with me - shame as I love her models. I was thinking of kit bashing an Archie though, so that may make me play her a bit more again. I may try the new Reva and see how that goes. I was disappointed by the changes from 2-3 for Shieldbearers. They lost a lot of their flavor for me. 

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I might go back to my old favorite Yan Lo, but maybe I'll make myself try someone else. Molly just isn't clicking with me - shame as I love her models. I was thinking of kit bashing an Archie though, so that may make me play her a bit more again. I may try the new Reva and see how that goes. I was disappointed by the changes from 2-3 for Shieldbearers. They lost a lot of their flavor for me. 

Ahhhh yeah, the crew really needs Archie to operate smoothly and efficiently (it is why I gripe about his nerf so much). But to me, having crooligans teleporting all over the board is just so much fun and so powerful.  But that only works with a few engines (Archie, Dead Rider + Necrotic Machine, Philip and the Nanny), and P&N is a bit too weak for many pools.

Excited to hear how going back to Yan Lo goes! He is my number one purchase for this year if his core box comes out (since I already have eternal servitude and don't have a super tanky, combat-oriented crew yet).

58 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I might go back to my old favorite Yan Lo, but maybe I'll make myself try someone else. Molly just isn't clicking with me - shame as I love her models. 

Yeah, I liked Molly quite a bit, but I haven't played her since the Archie nerf. She can still scheme and anti-scheme like crazy, but she just isn't the same since Archie changed. He was a bit too powerful, but the nerf hit hard. She seems to be missing just a bit now. 

I love the plan to look at the pools! Great thought! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Our first community pool! Let me know if anyone thinks anything should change.

I tried to make it super-friendly to newer people/people who don't post very much, so I put some templates that people can copy and paste to make responses. Will see if it helps!

I'm going to try to play the pool next Thursday if possible.

Hey my man! I logged in this morning and was so happy to see so much activity around here. Thank you!

Wanted to do it today, but love your execution. Much better than I would have done.

• Like 1