Some custom work benches, or "Puppet Wars Project, part 1"

Wurmwood

So, I've been on and off with Puppet Wars for years. I was here for the first launch, buying, trading and selling puppets here on the forums, painting, planning custom pieces, etc. I got excited with Unstitched, then disappointed when they didn't put out any expansions, finally just selling my puppets and moving on to other things.

I finally got my act together now (8 years later?!) and started working on my set in earnest. I picked up 2 copies of Unstitched and at least 1 of most metals (other than Colette, Cassandra and the Teddies), with plans for house rules for the Widow Weaver ( a converted Mysterious Effigy) and Stitched Togethers (using the "Bear-ly Together" alternate minis). I also want custom-made work benches and impassable terrain pieces.

So, step 1 complete: my work benches are finished. I have my impassable terrain mostly assembled, just need final assembly and painting, so I'll do a post for them soon, too. Hope you guys enjoy and hope Wyrd eventually comes to their senses and starts supporting this game again!

IMG_20200608_131247.jpg

IMG_20200608_141618.jpg

IMG_20200608_131156.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to sell your stat cards from the second copy of Unstitched?  I have been working on assembling a metal set of Puppet Wars, and I've managed to assemble and paint 3x all the pawns from the base game, which I believe means I have everything except Hooded Rider from Unstitched. 

I know a lot of people like the complex rules from the first edition stat cards, but I think the Unstitched rules would be enough easier that I'd get to play more often (especially since my kids are 4 & 6 yrs old, which means I'm stuck waiting a while to have gaming buddies at home to learn all the ins & outs of a complex game).

P.S. -- I put magnets on the bottom of all my Puppet Wars minis so that I could store them in a cookie tin that I bought from Goodwill, then also wound up buying a set of metal washers at the hardware store & painting a dozen in each of four bright, solid colors.  I'm quite happy with this, because it makes it easy to glance at the board and see which minis are on which team.

• 1 month later...

Love the idea for the workbenches.

For impassable terrain I use cotton reels.

Also, I don't believe there were ever physical sculpts for Collette or Cassandra.

@jovialevilUnstitched is a much better game than the original PW (having played both), and the plastic sculpts are just amazing compared to the metal ones. Having painted a full set of metals I then just HAD to do it all again with the plastic ones.

• 1 month later...

This is awesome!
I have also gotten my local plastic pusher to print some workbenches and I have bought these STL files to proxy some of the other puppets:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-puppet-masters-show-12-models-with-stats-and-illustrations-pre-supported-169626

Although not the exact same, it is good and evil enough to fit in the Puppet Wars universe. 
I am also going to look into converting some of the 2. edition malifaux cards to be missions for Puppet Wars and make it so you can "buy" upgrades instead of sacrificing puppets. I think this will give it a little more depth for my group :) 

• 8 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, luckyreplica said:

This is awesome!
I have also gotten my local plastic pusher to print some workbenches and I have bought these STL files to proxy some of the other puppets:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-puppet-masters-show-12-models-with-stats-and-illustrations-pre-supported-169626

Although not the exact same, it is good and evil enough to fit in the Puppet Wars universe. 
I am also going to look into converting some of the 2. edition malifaux cards to be missions for Puppet Wars and make it so you can "buy" upgrades instead of sacrificing puppets. I think this will give it a little more depth for my group :) 

Did you end up printing any of those "Puppet Masters Show" miniatures? "The Puppet Master Final" looks like it would make a great "Puppet Collodi" (if you had house rules for him) if the mini is small enough.

10 hours ago, Wurmwood said:

Did you end up printing any of those "Puppet Masters Show" miniatures? "The Puppet Master Final" looks like it would make a great "Puppet Collodi" (if you had house rules for him) if the mini is small enough.

I actually only printed The Dolls and Doll Pile. I used Doll Pile as my Teddy and The Dolls for some of the Sidekicks. The Doll Pile can get a little flimsy with the needles when sized down to 25mm (or 28..... Remembering it as 25mm scale), but the rest of the dolls work really well! I can upload a picture or two when I get home from work :)