Replacing unit Yan Lo& Upgrades

Macbeth

Question

Hi, 

Yesterday I played with Yan Lo and we run into this situation: 
Izamu with upgrade died, his Demise ability: 
Demise(Reliquary) After this model is killed, a friendly model within 8" may Attach the Reliquary (X) Upgrade, where X is the name of this model.

Then Yan Lo:
Rebuild Corpus
Rg/Stat/Rst/TN
10"/-/-/-
Target friendly non-Ancestor model and choose one of its Attached Reliquary Upgrades. Replace the target with the model named in the title of the the chosen Upgrade, then the new model Heals 5. Draw two cards.

And I put Izamu back in the game, does this Izamu retains upgrades from original Izamu or is this a new Izamu? In rulebook I found out that replaced unit gains all upgrades/conditions and etc from unit it replace, but what about original unit?

4 answers to this question

Wait, I was told the exact opposite answer for Big Jake:

Screenshot_20200608-062107.thumb.jpg.adbe1f8dc48b68e8d813051b0987731b.jpg

I was told its a whole new Big Jake so it does not count for Vendetta.

Is that's because Big Jake is "summoned" & Relequaries are "replaced".... or is there some other nuance I'm missing?  Or am I just wrong again?

24 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Wait, I was told the exact opposite answer for Big Jake:

Screenshot_20200608-062107.thumb.jpg.adbe1f8dc48b68e8d813051b0987731b.jpg

I was told its a whole new Big Jake so it does not count for Vendetta.

Is that's because Big Jake is "summoned" & Relequaries are "replaced".... or is there some other nuance I'm missing?  Or am I just wrong again?

Yes, the difference is between summon and replace.  Its a whole new big Jake . Its a New Izamu but its come from a different model.

I may have explained myself badly so I'll try an example.

You have Izamu and a necropunk in a crew. You pick Claim Jump (Izamu)  and Vendetta (Necropunk vs illuminated. )

During the game Izamu gets killed. his Reliquey goes onto the necropunk.  Yan Lo rebuilds corpus on that necropunk.

Your schemes  are now Claim Jump (Dead Izamu so not going to score any more points for it) and Vendetta (new Izamu vs Illuminated).

Any non summon upgrades on the Necropunk are also lost when it replaces according to the replace rules.

Hope that helps

• Like 1