Henchmen Program

After years away, and being disillusioned under 2E, the quarantine has given me leisure to get back it with both feet. And I want to run events and generally Hench here in Colorado Springs, since we have nobody active even before the Plague. So I've been prepping my crews ... 2 new to date, 3 more in work. 

But I can't find any working links to apply? Is the program active? Or on hold til after things reopen and/or playtest finishes?  

I got accepted to playtest, not realizing I'd have to play strangers on Vassal - still trying to figure that out. 

What's an eager new volunteer, old player to do?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rorschach67 said:

What's an eager new volunteer, old player to do?

In my opinion, enthusiasm is the most important resource for starting and building a new meta.  Don't let it slip away while you wait on paperwork!  Henchman titles and rewards are nice, but it's no substitute for running demos and fostering a community.  

I don't know what the COVID situation is in your locality, but even if things are on a total lock down, you can lay the groundwork by being active on FLGS sites to gin up interest, reading the rules to feel solid about teaching, and (as you've already mentioned you're doing) working on visuals like crews and terrain.  And if they're more open, then there's no substitute for getting games in!

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll definitely start putting events together, regardless (I've done that many times for other games in past obsessions).

A friend just painted the Dark Carnival for me, on condition I apply to Hench, and run events ... so I gotta do at least one 🙂

• Like 1