Changeling "Just Like You"

regleant

Question

2020-02-17_09h42_50.png

There is heavy debate in my gaming group about what actions this actually allows. Some believe it ONLY allows for attacks, some believe it ONLY allows for Tactical Actions which are not bonus actions.

And it's not answered in the FAQ.

Please help clarify.

9 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure this is about the fourth or fifth time that this question has come up, and the answer hasn't changed.

The phrase is three words:

• non-:ToS-Fast: (non-Bonus)
  • Tactical
  • Actions

In order to negate the entire phrase, you'd have to use "not" or some other negative that isn't hyphenated.  Because of the hyphen, the "non" is bound to :ToS-Fast:.

• Agree 1

Oh, I see what you mean... Tactical Action is capitalized, though, so it's a single noun, like Sears Tower, or Great Pyramid Of Giza, or Grand Canyon, or Malifaux Child.

30 minutes ago, thewisp said:

The non-bonus tactical action verbiage is two adjectives and a noun.  So to me it reads, everything but non-bonus tactical actions.

I think you probably mean everything but bonus tactical actions. ((as only 1 negative) And I can't get that to make sense.

My grammer is not the greatest, so take this with a pinch of salt, but the choice of select a tactical action that is not a bonus and select an action that is a non bonus tactical only one seems to make sense (and they both seem to mean the same). When you include the fact that Actions are defined as one of 2 types, Tactical and Attack, the phrase non Tactical action is equal to Attack action. And I can't quite get my head around how on earth the " non-bonus tactical action" could really mean attack action, because every way I try to seperate the sentence, I can't get it to work.

2 hours ago, touchdown said:

if you parse it as non-(bonus tactical action). I think using the bolt symbol causes some trouble regarding parsing

I think the interpretation uses multiplication, in that non-bonus tactical action:

non(bonus tactical) action

(non-bonus) (non-tactical) action

so you can only make attacks?

I'm not trying to defend it...

• Agree 1