How to play this game?

Faitfull

Hi

New player to malifaux. Bought a kaeris crew back in late 2e. But My club wanted to wait for 3e. 

So newer played the game. 

I can take the long road of reading the entire rulebook. And then Hope i understand what is going on. However that is a big if. 

I was hoping that there was a good and easy video online with. This is how you play this game. Not by reading all the rules, but more like a demo game. 

I can not find it However. There is alot of it to 2nd ed. But would much rather play the New ed. 

Not a single malifaux player in town. But a good portion off ppl that is willing to learn it. 

Sitting here hoping against Hope, someone can get me startet to learn this game. I am 36 years old, played 40k and infinity for many years

I don't know of any on line  How to Play videos for 3rd. There are several video battle reports out there for 3rd ed that you could watch, and they may well be helpful, but they typically assume a basic understanding of the rules. (Try looking in the battle reports section of the forum for a few of these, I rarely get time to watch online videos so I'm not sure which ones would be most helpful).

For what its worth the general game play hasn't changed all that much across editions. So watching some of those older edition how to play ones might help with the basic concepts of Duels and cheating because that sort of thing has largely remained the same across all editions. (Which is also the stuff that probably isn't covered in details in a normal battle report).

I wrote this introduction series for new players that might help:

But on a more basic level, I'd learn:

• How basic movement works (push, walk, charge). Just take a model and move it around the table.
  • How basic combat works. Take a model and attack another model, figuring out the flips for each.
  • How the 'interact' action works with scheme markers and strategy markers.

Once you learn those three things, everything else in the game falls into place.

• Like 1

There are a couple of good videos here if you want to check them out, these are from one section of our larger gaming group. The videos and games are played, recorded and edited to show off the game and keep rules etc. clear. Worth the watch (there are multiple games systems on this channel but a good handful of Malifaux videos)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1kSE9HTVVJf7SfoIovfaLw/videos

As for reading the rulebook, honestly I would read it just to get that top level understanding of what is going on. 

Hope that helps

Third Floor Wars have a video on YouTube about how you construct a crew and another of tips for your control hand in game.  Between their blog and channel they briefly introduce most of the crews.  The suggested purchase lists in their blog are outdated as a lot of the suggested 2e boxes are now in 3e combo boxes so I’d be wary of buying any suggested 2e sets.

If you bought your Kaeris crew back in 2e you’ll need to either track down an Arcanist faction box, download and print them yourself from the Wyrd website, or get the print on demand ones.  All the 3e boxes come with the correct cards, and if you’re lucky then your lgs will have them for any 2e boxes they have left in stock. The Crew Builder app is a viable alternative.

You’ll need tokens for various in game effects.  A quick google of ‘printable Malifaux tokens’ will bring up some you can download and print if you don’t want to buy acrylic or similar just yet.