Pallas4

Summon and schemes

Question

does a re summoned model count for scheme?

For example Ikiryo was chosen to Claim Jump and killed at turn 1 re summon. Does she count for Claim Jum ?

My point, no because it is not the same model. My opponent thinks it the same model.

6 answers to this question

A summoned model is not the same model as an originally hired model. So schemes which refer to the original model don't refer to the summoned model. 

33 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

Thanks

so I was right but a confirmation may help other player in same case.

If however, the action was a Replace, then it totally would count as the same model. Yan Lo can do this with his Reliquaries for instance

If you’ve got two minions, say Ice Gamin, in a list, and you need to nominate a model for a scheme, you don’t just write down “Ice Gamin” and use whichever one works.  If you write down one of the Ice Gamin, you have specify a specific one of the two.

When a model is summoned, it’s a new model so it can’t possibly be the one you wrote down.

If you write down a model, and it gets replaced, you basically cross out the references to the old model and write the new model in.

And at that point it’s remember to distinguish between someone’s casual description of what’s happening and the specific game terms the effect is using.  Particularly because the distinction was created for M3E to address a bit of a messy bit in M2E.

Compare the demise on a Coryphee and the demise on the Banjonista.  The Coryphee’s demise says “replace”, so you put down a mannequin that you treat like it’s the same model as the Coryphee.  The Banjonista says “summon”, so you put down a Bayou Gremlin and it’s treated as a completely unrelated new model.

Some models with Replace effects have ways so that you can replace a few times and end up with the original model card you had before.  For instance, Myranda or the Beast Within.  If it’s a sequence of Replace effects, if you have a Myranda that becomes a beast and then that beast becomes Myranda, that Myranda is still the same Myranda that you started with.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:00 AM, Mycellanious said:

If however, the action was a Replace, then it totally would count as the same model. Yan Lo can do this with his Reliquaries for instance

Just to be clear, so there's no confusion, that works in one circumstance, but not the other. Unless I'm completely wrong (and that's definitely possible).

If a model is nominated for a Scheme, is then given the Reliquary, and then Corpus'd into an Ancestor, then the new Ancestor counts for that Scheme.

Toshiro (for example) is nominated, dies, gets Reliquaried to another model, and that model is Corpus'd, then that's not the same Toshiro, and any Schemes referring Toshiro do not count the new Toshiro for those schemes.

I figured you were referring to the first example, but the statement might have made it unclear that the latter was possible (given the narrative flavour of resurrecting Ancestors), and I don't believe that's how it works.